User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I've known two INTP personalities, one of them very well, the other as a co-worker.

Both of them have the following in common:

1. Cynicism - Aimed at the world in general... for no apparent reason that they want to voice.
    2. Twisted sense of humor. Sometimes pretty dark...
    3. Very direct one-liners. When they open their mouths, people have a tendency to just gape at them.
    4. Single and seemingly NOT interested in dating
    5. Suspicious and disbelieving of everything they hear in general.
    6. Very good at pinpointing when someone is BSing them and almost eerily intuitive and able to read people. You get the feeling that they look right through you.
    7. Both VERY smart and know the damdest things at the drop of a hat... and if you try to talk about something but are incorrect, they have no qualms about correcting you, but only after smirking at you long enough for you to finally ask 'What's so funny?!'
    8. Did I mention they both tend to dislike most people in general? I hear 'People are Stupid' an aweful lot.
    9. When in close and friendly conversations, they are witty, charming and extremely funny... but don't piss them off! They can glare the most bone-chilling gaze at you and go dead silent before dropping something so dead-on-the-money in your lap to shut you up before you can blink.
    I had just repped Misty, but decided to post here as well...this list sounds a lot like me. Though I wouldn't say I'm un-interested in dating--I just don't find someone specific that I'm interested in all that often, and dating a slew of people I know would drive me nuts doesn't interest me at all. In fact, it would make me really, really cranky.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    I find that I am often in a conversation on a topic I've spent considerable time pondering. I'll mull over something for a period of years sometimes. When, in the conversation, opinions or points are expressed that I've already discarded (after extensive consideration), I come across as close-minded. I don't like coming across as close-minded but once I've identified what I see as a logical flaw or an inconsistency with the big picture, I am no longer open to the idea.

This is only the case where we feel we've developed an expertise. (i.e. spent a lot of time on). We are extremely open (and along the lines of the Ni vs Ti comments perhaps more open) to possibilities we are early in the process of evaluating.
    I totally agree. I've been typed as an INTJ since I was a preteen. When I was younger, I was always called overly-opinionated, and I think I came across as close-minded. I've since learned to be a little more careful (maybe by developing the F side of my personality more).

I think it's important to remember that INTJs are usually very intuitive. They spend a lot of time sitting there thinking about different scenarios, and their Judging aspect makes them very good at discarding ideas that don't make sense. Nowadays, I try to be more tactful about shooting others' ideas down, but as a child, I had a lot less patience and understanding of emotional responses to do that. INTJ are categorized as the most open-minded of the types. I, personally, love brainstorming with other people because I love adopting and/or discarding ideas as they come. But I am an INTJ. I'll be pretty discriminating about what I do adopt/discard.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

From what I have seen so far (my best best best friend is an INTP), we are very much alike, only that he is a little more into going outside than me and I am a bit more organized than him.
    In addition I can say that it seems INTPs are less interested in ending stuff; meaning they are better at starting than finishing. INTJs are more likely going to start something and actually end it. Oh and INTPs are a little more emotional than INTJs of course.
    In the end we are very much alike, but we seem to balance the other quite good anyways.

Another thing that I noticed about INTPs is that it seems they can be quite arrogant if they are very young (or just if they aren't mature yet). At least I had an INTP friend that was younger than me, and he was that way. People always say that INTJs are pretty arrogant, but we are sh*t against that guy.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose
    I've known two INTP personalities, one of them very well, the other as a co-worker.

Both of them have the following in common:

1. Cynicism - Aimed at the world in general... for no apparent reason that they want to voice.
    2. Twisted sense of humor. Sometimes pretty dark...
    3. Very direct one-liners. When they open their mouths, people have a tendency to just gape at them.
    4. Single and seemingly NOT interested in dating
    5. Suspicious and disbelieving of everything they hear in general.
    6. Very good at pinpointing when someone is BSing them and almost eerily intuitive and able to read people. You get the feeling that they look right through you.
    7. Both VERY smart and know the damdest things at the drop of a hat... and if you try to talk about something but are incorrect, they have no qualms about correcting you, but only after smirking at you long enough for you to finally ask 'What's so funny?!'
    8. Did I mention they both tend to dislike most people in general? I hear 'People are Stupid' an aweful lot.
    9. When in close and friendly conversations, they are witty, charming and extremely funny... but don't piss them off! They can glare the most bone-chilling gaze at you and go dead silent before dropping something so dead-on-the-money in your lap to shut you up before you can blink.
    I had just repped Misty, but decided to post here as well...this list sounds a lot like me. Though I wouldn't say I'm un-interested in dating--I just don't find someone specific that I'm interested in all that often, and dating a slew of people I know would drive me nuts doesn't interest me at all. In fact, it would make me really, really cranky.
    Ditto.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Socionics
    INTp

^ (smirk) What I just told Tallulah in a rep comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    This is just my personal experience with INTPs vs. INTJs...INTPs are open minded, warm, very caring, but they are sort of smothering. They always want you to initiate conversations with them, and you're always making most of the effort in communication. Once they warm up to you, they are very open, but still, they keep talking and talking and don't know when to stop sometimes and give you space and breathing room.

Both are very different. If I had to choose, I rather hang out with INTPs! (aside from the fact that they are very clingy!)...
    I know you clarified that this is your personal experience, but this is really quite surprising to me. Admittedly, I know only one other INTP in real life besides me. Both of us have been accused of the opposite...a lot. Also, very few online seem this way to me. I'm often told I am too independent, don't talk enough, hard to get to know, not showing my feelings enough, etc. If my friends heard someone call me clingy, they'd guffaw.

Are the INTPs you know really young? Are you sure you typed them correctly?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Yeah, wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    INTPs are open minded, warm, very caring, but they are sort of smothering.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Socionics
    INTp

((eye roll)) You and your Dark Force ways.

Normal INTPs really are open minded, warm, very caring, nice, kind, considerate, innocent, sweet...

EDIT: I just asked INTJ hubby if I strike him as clingy, and he mentioned that a bunch of us probably use fabric softener. (smirk)

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I have a homosexual friend who is a math grad student (INTJ of course!) and defies most of the descriptions in this thread about about INTJ emotions and "not considering your opinion". I had him pegged as an ENF_ for the longest while, so I think these descriptions are extremely biased

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TPol View Post
    I know you clarified that this is your personal experience, but this is really quite surprising to me. Admittedly, I know only one other INTP in real life besides me. Both of us have been accused of the opposite...a lot. Also, very few online seem this way to me. I'm often told I am too independent, don't talk enough, hard to get to know, not showing my feelings enough, etc. If my friends heard someone call me clingy, they'd guffaw.
    I was thinking about something related just this morning, but it had to do with the Enneagram variant stackings. I can see where some people would experience me, an INTP, as clingy and overwhelming, but I think it has more to do with my primary sexual variant interacting with their self preservation variant than with my being INTP. In an interesting one-on-one interaction, my focus and my desire for intense conversation would probably look like clingy talkiness to someone whose primary variant is self-preservation, or even social.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Interesting. I'll have to think on this some more. If someone knows a vast amount more about a subject that interests me, especially through first-hand experience, I'll find it hard to pull myself away from listening to them about it. That could be a form of clingy-ness as you mention, perhaps.