User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    istp

INTPs are really laid back, and are content with thinking of ideas, being excited at how cool they are, and then moving on to other ideas - they feel no need to translate their idea from their head to the real world, and finish off projects.
    Reason why most of us (judging from the forums) are (epic)failures in our ""careers"" :p
    And people are stupid indeed, most wouldn't really need a brain, for what little use they make of it. How can a man of reason not be cynic in front of such a pathetic spectacle as humanity?

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by pardo View Post
    How can a man of reason not be cynic in front of such a pathetic spectacle as humanity?

Yep - this pretty much sums up the attitudes of all the INTPs I know...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pardo View Post
    Reason why most of us (judging from the forums) are (epic)failures in our ""careers"" :p
    And people are stupid indeed, most wouldn't really need a brain, for what little use they make of it. How can a man of reason not be cynic in front of such a pathetic spectacle as humanity?
    Or a woman of reason. . You're right, though.
    "He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."
    Douglas Adams

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    And INTJs don't think anything different? :rolli:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MacGuffin - What am I?
    alcea rosea - Santa Claus

MBTI
    ENTP

I find INTJs and INTPs pretty similar in the way they appear, with a few notable differences:

1. INTJ types are far more methodical and systematic. INTP people will jump around randomly from topic to topic and from one project to another without any need for linear progression.

2. INTJs are more results focused. Both types like to talk about ideas but with an INTJ you can be fairly well assured that their ideas will be implemented somehow. For an INTP, just having a cool idea is often enough and they feel no need to see it actually put into action.

3. INTP types are probably the least concerned of all types with fitting in with the rest of society. They make their own rules, and then they break them. INTJs are somewhat more concerned with being "normal" and tend to appear to be a bit more conventional than INTPs.
    ENTP, professional MBTI coach, and author of a new series of personality type e-books available on Amazon.com.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Personally, I equate them as follows:

Choleric: ExxJ
    Melancholic: IxxJ
    Sanguine: ExxP
    Phlegmatic: IxxP
    *shrug* I dunno, but that test was the first personality test I ever took, and I was Melancholic first, then Choleric, then Phlegmatic, then Sanguine.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Originally Posted by pardo
    How can a man of reason not be cynic in front of such a pathetic spectacle as humanity?
    Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain Rose
    Originally Posted by Fishfighter
    And INTJs don't think anything different? :rolli:
    Actually, that phrase kind of makes me cringe a little on the inside. I think INTP's are harder on society at large than INTJs because the INTP may feel more bound by society than the INTJ. Where society doesnt fit in with my image of how things should be, I just change the reality of it.

I think the INTP feels more 'helpless' to change anything. Every single one I've known has had harsh comments about people in general, where they seem to be looking down from a lofty position of knowledge but they don't feel like there is anyone who will catch their drift. When this happens, they dont even both to explain, and just become more and more cynical.

The INTJ's I've known (including myself) get so excited by the possibilities of how we can change things (if not in everyone else, than in ourselves) to make things 'work' that we forget sometimes what our original goal was. For me, its like ADHD logic, and I can get so far down the branches of my thinking that I'll forget what the original thought was.

There's no room for hating on society in that... just more things to analyze...

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I think the INTP feels more 'helpless' to change anything, but every single one I've known has had harsh comments about people in general, where the INTP seems to be looking down from a lofty position of knowledge, and doesn't feel like there is anyone who will catch their drift, so they dont even both to explain, and just become more and more cynical. (Holy run-on sentence...).
    I do suffer this. But then I will have equal moments of profound humility.

I'm never on the level. Poor emotional stability ensues.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mollyowens View Post
    They make their own rules, and then they break them.
    "He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."
    Douglas Adams

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It seems to me that INTJs tend to presume to know more and be more confident making ASSumptions based on their presumptions where INTPs are comfortable keeping an eye out for other possibilities.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying