User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Why should I love Te?

So Te is one of my weakest functions. It's not something I'm terribly comfortable with in myself or in others. Manifestations of it can make me defensive and irritable. I like many people with Te as a dominant function, if we click on some level or other, but I often like them in spite of this rather than because of it.

I think this is silly and unbalanced of me. I want to cultivate more of an appreciation and liking for Te in it's own right. How should I do this?

Basically, this is an invitation for those of you with Te to brag on your strengths and say what it is that people should like about you and why.

Have fun!
    Last edited by helen; 07-11-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

For feeler Te can be a problem especially if someone around you has developed Te.
    I am relativly new to MBTI but for me Te is one very useful function. Because if you have a developed Te that means you are good at logical conversation and debates so on profesional level strong Te can be qute useful.

But on personal level Te can be source of many problems and it can make you quite intimidating especially if you are in softer and emotional enviroment.

Probably you started this thread because you have a problem whit Te around you.
    You can cultivate more appreciation about Te by listening what Te person is actually saying. Also try to think more about what you have heard. By doing this you will probably realise that the person whit Te is saying something useful. Sometimes it will not be in the your field of interest but there is no cure for that.

Saying something useful is actually the whole point of Te, so this is actually what you should like about Te.
    Also try to be more open minded because in many cases Te person looks like a smartass but that is only your impresion. But in some cases he/she actually is a smartass.

Also Te person can often be seen as a smartass just by doing their thing. Because of this Te person can deside to be a smartass because he/she is always seen as such.

I think this is a short insight you are want from this thread.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I have more trouble utilizing Se/Si than Te, but yes, Te does seem to be a powerful sort of blunt force that I don't consciously use, yet I'm sure I *have* used it?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFP

Te is not my strongest function either but I have developed it and now i really do appreciate the T function and have a lot of fun with NTs.. You can't take what they say really personally, but if you see some truth in what they said it's just "that's kindof true and I'm okay with that" and if they have some kind of inconsistency in what they've said, don't be afraid to point it out to them. I get on better with INTXs, they seem to be more considerate to me, and not as double standard-y as ENTXs..
    MTBI:E/INFP...Socionics:ENFP...7w6 sx/so...Autonomy, Caution, Perceptiveness...

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Because it's aromatic, often full of caffeine and tasty!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Because it's aromatic, often full of caffeine and tasty!
    Let's not forget piquant and zesty with just a touch of sweetness!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

As a feeler, Te is a function that's hard to "turn off" once you've gotten yourself wound up into using it. Think of a Drill Sargent that comes home and yells at his family.

Te is the best function for taking immediate command of a situation and can make you seem confident enough for people around to follow you. Te is a decision maker, it makes the call and sticks by it.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INFJ

I am relativly new to MBTI but for me Te is one very useful function. Because if you have a developed Te that means you are good at logical conversation and debates so on profesional level strong Te can be qute useful.
    Yes, I could see admiring Te on these grounds. I'm not so good at debate myself, but it skill in this area can help to clarify so many things.

But on personal level Te can be source of many problems and it can make you quite intimidating especially if you are in softer and emotional enviroment.

Probably you started this thread because you have a problem whit Te around you.
    Basically.

You can cultivate more appreciation about Te by listening what Te person is actually saying. Also try to think more about what you have heard. By doing this you will probably realise that the person whit Te is saying something useful. Sometimes it will not be in the your field of interest but there is no cure for that.

Saying something useful is actually the whole point of Te, so this is actually what you should like about Te.
    This makes a lot of sense. I will try to process future statements by Te family members and friends with this in mind and see how it goes. Sounds like it should be, um, useful!

Thank you for the reply.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Let's not forget piquant and zesty with just a touch of sweetness!
    mmm, SLURP!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ENFJ

Te is blunt, useful, easy to reason with, easy to understand, works with the obvious, and cuts through layers of bullshit like a hot knife through butter.

It may not be 'nice,' but it's certainly a good thing to be able to use properly.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge