User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ

Te uses objective criteria for judgment (i.e. price, height, time, etc.). It is at the basis of law and justice. Basically, the social utility of Te is to ensure cohesion based on criteria that is the most acceptable to people regardless of their personal differences/opinions/feelings.

personally i like people with Ne Ti Fe Si

MBTI
    nnnn

personally i like people with Ne Ti Fe Si
    Really? I find them to be quite full of themselves at times.

Te will let you figure out logical inconsistencies in the here he said x, there he said x, but 5 pages later he says y way. It's an important tool to deal with society successfully, although I find that excessive Te makes for too much rigidity. Being Te myself, I always hope I get less Te "superiors" because they give way more leeway. :p

heart on fire

For me as INFP, Te should be the slave of Fi, but it is a handy tool. Nothing would get done around here without it! I have to be well rested to use it well. What feeling wants to do, Te can come up with the will and way to get it done, usually very rote, by pen and paper, step by step list. Just have to be careful not to get stuck in the mode or get too dictatorial and rigid, which is not only exhausting for me, but doesn't look very good on me.

It is intersting that you are INFJ. My husband is INFJ and he loves my Te, always asking me to "nag" him into doing the things he needs to do. He will be like "where do I begin, I cannot start" and Te can supply a starting point for him, via me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Te will let you figure out logical inconsistencies in the here he said x, there he said x, but 5 pages later he says y way. :p
    Yes, these things can drive me crazy in the right mood.

MBTI
    INFJ

It is intersting that you are INFJ. My husband is INFJ and he loves my Te, always asking me to "nag" him into doing the things he needs to do. He will be like "where do I begin, I cannot start" and Te can supply a starting point for him, via me, lol.
    That's neat. It is cool to hear how much your INFJ husband can appreciate your Te. Maybe I'm just not sure yet where it would fit into my life, or in which ways it could be useful, especially coming via someone else, lol. But I think it would be wise and mature if I could lose my annoying tendency towards an initial resistance to and suspicion of advice that is presented to me from a Te perspective. Hence, this thread.
    Last edited by helen; 07-11-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: clarity
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor