User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Judging VS Perceiving

I would like to know -especially from other NTPs - what is their opinion on the following characteristics.
    1) I like to have things decided but I don't have a problem if things stay open to future change.
    2) I look very loose and casual.
    3) Especially before tests, I like to make a list of things to read and prepare myself for the test. But I always, I repeat always, don't follow it through (and I'm fine with that) and many times I rush just before deadlines.
    4) I have an extremely poor time management.
    5) I like to be organised and get my work done but I never succeed. I always approach work as play or mix work and play, as I can't do otherwise.

So is ths common to NTPs or is it a distorted series of NTJ characteristics? I am leaning to the first really.
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    I would like to know -especially from other NTPs - what is their opinion on the following characteristics.
    1) I like to have things decided but I don't have a problem if things stay open to future change.
    3) Especially before tests, I like to make a list of things to read and prepare myself for the test. But I always, I repeat always, don't follow it through (and I'm fine with that) and many times I rush just before deadlines.
    5) I like to be organised and get my work done but I never succeed. I always approach work as play or mix work and play, as I can't do otherwise.

So is ths common to NTPs or is it a distorted series of NTJ characteristics? I am leaning to the first really.
    Common for NTP's. Even though we tend to fail at being all organized, the will to be organized is still present in probably all of us NTP's to some degree. But it's more of a process of cost/benefit.

Ultimately, even though we want to be organized, we never really get around putting the time required into it because the cost/benefit for us is just too much and we dont actually enjoy the process of organizing much as it drains us if we force ourselves to do it, so we rather spend our time differently and have fun that way, through effeciency and playing with deadlines and the works.

Whereas for NTJ's, the organizing is the fun. It's where they draw their energy from, and more often than not, it will drain them if they fail to organize according to their standards by 'slacking off'. But just like NTP's would like to organize better sometimes, NTJ's would like to slack off sometimes. Maybe its just a 'grass is greener on the other side' effect.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What do you mean by "a distorted series of NTJ characteristics"?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Every P that I know say many of these things but especially...

I like to be organised and get my work done but I never succeed.
    To me this always sounds like - yeah I want to but it's ultimately too much work. Then they piss and moan that they screwed up something they could have avoiding by preparing, much like you're doing now. I realize this sounds like arrogant J talk and it is.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think I'm a J but I have trouble with being disciplined. It feels like punishment some of the time. But when I succeed I really like it. I still procrastinate and sometimes don't manage my time well. I like plans and I love preparation. Being spontaneous is fun, but it tends to make me anxious. I have to have it fit into some kind of overall plan. I like hanging out with P's who know how to put a lot of fun into a time frame, and in this context I like changes of plans.

J?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think I'm a J but I have trouble with being disciplined. It feels like punishment some of the time. But when I succeed I really like it. I still procrastinate and sometimes don't manage my time well. I like plans and I love preparation. Being spontaneous is fun, but it tends to make me anxious. I have to have it fit into some kind of overall plan. I like hanging out with P's who know how to put a lot of fun into a time frame, and in this context I like changes of plans.

J?
    No.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

@ceecee haha yeah it's like i wish i wasn't such a lazy fuck...but...

the ne doesn't help at all...in my head i'm super productive...organizing thoughts this way and that...planing this and that it just wears me out too much by the time it actually comes to do them

just kinda kidding...we do stuff when needed...just not always as much as we want or plan to do
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    No.
    You kept saying I'm INFJ though...have you decided INFP then?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    You kept saying I'm INFJ though...have you decided INFP then?
    There is only one way to tell for sure - by using my J/Peedometer.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    There is only one way to tell for sure - by using my J/Peedometer.
    Oh, what's that??