User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    How are they distorted characteristics?
    Well, NTJs prefer to drive for closure and a clear plan of action so that they can tick off tasks when they have completed them. A lack of clear pathway probably concerns them and they have a drive to get things done, early if possible. They are far more comfortable when things are settled rather than being up in the air, or too loose.
    So when a NTJ tends to leave things open and loose, and doesn't follow his plan, preferring to wait until things need to be done, well he is either a mistyped person or a NTJ whose organizational skills are badly developed. Although I think that letters are irrelevant and as @greenfairy said, it's also important to take types as a whole and the cognitive functions that go with them.
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I used to think that I could be an INTJ or an ISTP, as I like to build complex systems and solve problems, but I guess INTP is in the middle of the 2.

One way I decided that I'm N and P is because of my random generations. The sensors or the judgers seem to be more pragmatic in what they do rather than springy.

The NTJs (or even the STPs) also seem better at making working predictions, whereas the NTPs just throw a whole bunch of crazy stuff out there in spectrums.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Yes as you said you have to view types as the whole. I feel a bit of a conflict between my functoins and my 4 letter code. Just as you, I score very high on Ni and Ti, but I decided to type as a P just because I have all the classical Pe characteristics.
    Yeah I was going to say, how do you know you're not an INFJ with well developed Ti? Are you certain you use Fi, and are you certain you are more Ne than Ni? The perceiving functions are hard for me to distinguish. I used to think I was really Ne, but now I think I'm really Ni; I could really be both, but I can see either. What would you say is characteristic of Pe?

Here's how I think of Ni as distinguished from Ne; given a bunch of possibilities I instinctively want to choose the most likely, most preferable, most efficient/logical, etc. I never feel comfortable leaving it as it is. Too many overwhelm me. Given a bunch of information I will instinctively tune most of it out, grasping what interests me and trying to find meaning in the facts, something to connect them (all or an interesting subset). I always want see where thoughts lead. Not finishing a thought and jumping to another one tends to frustrate me.

Just some thoughts- does this resonate with you or do you do the opposite Ne approach? Do you think this accurately characterizes Ni?

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah I was going to say, how do you know you're not an INFJ with well developed Ti? Are you certain you use Fi, and are you certain you are more Ne than Ni? The perceiving functions are hard for me to distinguish. I used to think I was really Ne, but now I think I'm really Ni; I could really be both, but I can see either. What would you say is characteristic of Pe?

Here's how I think of Ni as distinguished from Ne; given a bunch of possibilities I instinctively want to choose the most likely, most preferable, most efficient/logical, etc. I never feel comfortable leaving it as it is. Too many overwhelm me. Given a bunch of information I will instinctively tune most of it out, grasping what interests me and trying to find meaning in the facts, something to connect them (all or an interesting subset). I always want see where thoughts lead. Not finishing a thought and jumping to another one tends to frustrate me.

Just some thoughts- does this resonate with you or do you do the opposite Ne approach? Do you think this accurately characterizes Ni?
    I also feel more comfortable with seeing just one possibility. Usually when it comes to working on some project I am quick to choose the one possibility that appears the most to me and can be very sceptical about other possibilities, but if someone uses good logical reasoning I can retreat. The contradiction is, that I can be very decisive and easily choose just one possibility when it comes to some work, that is not so much about me personally. But when it comes to things, that directly influence my personal life, or wellbeing I fail to choose and I see all options at once and I can't decide. For example I'd quick to designe my friend's room. I'd like to give my friends some advices and I would exactly know what to put in her room. But if it would come to my room it would be very hard for me to choose, 'cause suddenly I wouldn't know what would really fit and I would be overwhelmed by all the options, that are behind me. I hope it makes some sense... If I should put my functions in some order, it would be Ni>Fi>Ne>Ti ...But I don't think there's such a type, or is there? What I meant by Pe characteristics is that I am lazy, irresponsible and careless. I can't imagine any J type being like this. It's just clear P. For example I went to my college this morning and I was already like 15 minutes late, but I stood infront of the school a smoked my cigarette while I was listening to The Doors for another 5-10minutes anyway, because when I want a morning cigarette all the nerds at school can fuck up.... You know... Why would I hurry? Or when we have to do some project at college, that I don't like I simply won't do it. Not after deadline, not at last time...I just won't do something if I don't feel like doing it.

You a either a perceiver or a failing judger haha.

MBTI
    NFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    I would like to know -especially from other NTPs - what is their opinion on the following characteristics.
    1) I like to have things decided but I don't have a problem if things stay open to future change.
    2) I look very loose and casual.
    3) Especially before tests, I like to make a list of things to read and prepare myself for the test. But I always, I repeat always, don't follow it through (and I'm fine with that) and many times I rush just before deadlines.
    4) I have an extremely poor time management.
    5) I like to be organised and get my work done but I never succeed. I always approach work as play or mix work and play, as I can't do otherwise.

So is ths common to NTPs or is it a distorted series of NTJ characteristics? I am leaning to the first really.
    Keep in mind that personality isn't a Yes or No thing, there's all shades of grey. Maybe you're 60/40 in the direction of P, but most likely a P.

Your list seems to confirm that. You list some J characteristics, but seem to think you're more leaning towards P.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Every P that I know say many of these things but especially...

To me this always sounds like - yeah I want to but it's ultimately too much work. Then they piss and moan that they screwed up something they could have avoiding by preparing, much like you're doing now. I realize this sounds like arrogant J talk and it is.
    It's okay if it's arrogant J talk. But us Ps just can't get it together. So we appreciate that you exist on the planet- even if you think we are slime.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

And to the OP- I don't see any distortions. You sound like an ENTP I know- and you sound like how I approach things- which is similiar to ENTP. Of course we WANT to have our shit together. Who doesn't WANT to have their shit organized? We just simply are too busy being awesome to get our shit together. That is the answer to all of your questions on this subject.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    It's okay if it's arrogant J talk. But us Ps just can't get it together. So we appreciate that you exist on the planet- even if you think we are slime.
    I don't think you're slime. I've had enough experiences with P's to know they want me to come over and...

Organize their closets
    Make to do lists for them that they won't just forget or throw away with all the mail and bills.
    Organize their kitchen
    Balance their checkbook/handle online banking....

The key here is to not do it for them (no matter how much they want or need that) but other than that, I like them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I don't think you're slime. I've had enough experiences with P's to know they want me to come over and...

Organize their closets
    Make to do lists for them that they won't just forget or throw away with all the mail and bills.
    Organize their kitchen
    Balance their checkbook/handle online banking....

The key here is to not do it for them (no matter how much they want or need that) but other than that, I like them.
    You are so spot on!

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8