User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ blue...i'm a lil girl at heart too...a lil girl who says what's on her mind all the time without realizing how inappropriate it is.

i am completely uncomfortable with negative emotions...like sadness...i hate to be comforted...i feel like i'm supposed to behave a certain way...and that hug...how long is it supposed to last...and it just makes it worse

so i can do happy...and mad...if i'm really mad...but i don't like sad
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

>.o I can't say I find it embarrassing all the time? In the situation you described, I'm more likely to be sympathetic for the two women. Outrageous behavior can be highly embarrassing for me though. Case in point: When my Aunt comes to visit our house and my neighbor gets arrested and electrocuted in our front yard.. Something that seems to reflect on my neighbor badly embarrasses me, as does ignorant drunken behavior at times. (There's a definite line between having fun and being creepy/rude)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

To the OP I usually roll my eyes and shake my head - if they want to be 'tards let them. I do get overly embarrassed at over dramatic emotions in movies, though. This is why most popular comedy I have an issue with while I laugh my ass of at people getting pounded on and beheaded.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

violaine

To the OP: Eww, yes. I *can* keep it together and comfort if need be but all the while I feel very agitated... I can feel what they're feeling - they seem 'naked' to me (and undignified, though I do feel bad for thinking that of others). It's more the case with public displays of overdone emotions. I have learned to be ok with pretty much any displays in private. Not manipulative crying or temper tantrums though.

I am very private in my reactions, e.g. I wait until I'm alone to cry if at all possible. It's part of the reason why I would also prefer to elope rather than have a massive wedding should that happen.

MBTI
    ENFP

Despite being a Feeler I am like Erina in that I am comfortable displaying positive emotions but not negative ones... what's with that however, I don't usually have negative emotions when I am around people.. it's almost like I can be really upset oneminute but as soon as I see someone and begin interacting I get completely distracted and enthusiastic about their very presence so I suppose this is what's it's like to be a feeler AND very enthusiastic about people!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I am conflicted on this topic.
    On the one hand, I admire people who can be open and honest about how they feel, because I am a bit of a coward in such matters and I recognize it as a failing on my part. I also find enthusiasm and passion in others appealing.

On the other, it can really creep me out and disgust me - if it goes too far. I'm not sure where that invisible dividing line is, at what point it stops being charming and starts being mawkish and barf-inducing. Or whether this is a subconscious reaction to perceived disingenuousness?
    Yes, that sort of sums it up for me, except nowadays I am much much better at dealing with people's emotions because I think I don't try to take responsibility for them.

I think one factor is the "boundary" issue. I can handle people expressing their emotions, but I don't like it when emotions assault my boundaries or other people's boundaries, or are used manipulatively, or when people seem to be demanding that I be responding with the same emotions they're expressing or something's wrong with me. Both anger and smarm can sometimes just "gush" all over other people and then it's intrusive to me.

I can't be around people given to emotional displays for very long, I find it draining. But equally being around people who are too cool and detached can be frustrating and demotivating.
    I agree with that too. Both extremes get old; one's exhausting, the other leaves me numb.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Embarrassed by Displays of Emotion?
    If it is Others doing it...well, sometimes, yes. I dun exactly like those People who are all over-emo. Have some Persons like that in between my *Friends* and they just start to annoy me somewhen, because they become al "Ooooh, I am sooooo pooooor, bohoo". That's just...IDK, after a While I get annoyed, because in the Time People complain and cry, they could have figured out a Way to make "it" better.

If it's about me...sometimes, yep. It depends a Bit.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yeah, not everyone does drunk posting as well as Jennifer....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Yeah, not everyone does drunk posting as well as Jennifer....
    *crawls in hole*

Let it be said, though, I have always been a ________ drunk. (fill in all words from below)
    - Happy
    - Goofy
    - Silly
    - Quirky
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Embarrassment? No. Annoyance. people with emotional outbursts are the people I have no intention of associating myself with, they are people who I generally detest.

If that happens to the opposing side of a debate, or something similar to that, where I actually take an active part in the whole ordeal, it basically completely destroys any value of credibility and respect I feel for that person unless I see a pretty darn good reason for the said behavior. If the emotional outbursts go to the "extreme" ends of the spectrum I tend to even go the infamous ways of argumentum ad hominem.