User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 78

  1. #11
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Sometimes. Maybe it's the introversion at work.
    I think you may be onto something here.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #12
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Yeah, embarrassed and awkward. It kinda seems like a social faux pas to me, even if sometimes it's probably the opposite....

  3. #13
    Senior Member norepinephrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I am talking more about overt emotional reactions in general, like when someone bursts into tears over something that was said to them, or when people get so angry that they start throwing things. Then I get embarrassed for them.
    I also agree that it may be the introversion at work. But what I feel for them is more the undercurrent of annoyance/frustration. I tend to watch displays such as these as though they're tennis matches, my eyes bouncing from one to the other waiting for the ultimate meltdown.

    And the flinging of cutlery and miscellaneous other articles should almost always be a private affair, the sole exception being casually tossing the remnants of an alcoholic beverage in the face of one's nemesis. Just kidding. To the best of my recollection, I do not recall ever doing such a thing.

    OTOH, family rumor informs me that my grandmother used to hoard badly cracked porcelain articles for the sole purpose of hurling them across the room during the course of arguments.

    Calculated passionate outbursts. I kinda like that.

    Duck and cover.

  4. #14
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Yeah, embarrassed and awkward. It kinda seems like a social faux pas to me, even if sometimes it's probably the opposite....
    Yes, that's exactly it.

    Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    I also agree that it may be the introversion at work. But what I feel for them is more the undercurrent of annoyance/frustration. I tend to watch displays such as this as if it's a tennis match, my eyes bouncing from one to the other waiting for the ultimate meltdown.
    This sounds like you probably expected there to be some sort of emotional breakdown. If I anticipated that there might be a meltdown, then yeah, I might be more frustrated/annoyed than embarrassed. In the context of a discussion in school, though, you don't expect for people to act that way. I suppose the surprise adds to my reaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    And the flinging of cutlery and miscellaneous other articles should almost always be a private affair, the sole exception being casually tossing the remnants of an alcoholic beverage in the face of one's nemesis. Just kidding. To the best of my recollection, I do not recall ever doing such a thing.

    OTOH, family rumor informs me that my grandmother used to hoard badly cracked porcelain articles for the sole purpose of hurling them across the room during the course of arguments.

    Calculated passionate outbursts. I kinda like that.

    Duck and cover.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    As long as I'm not being directly involved or distracted by it, I could care less. I really don't pay that much attention to other people.

  6. #16
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Not embarrassed but I do find it pathetic. I'd generally sit back and snigger at the immaturity. Yes I’m easily amused

  7. #17
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    More annoyed than embarrassed, I think, though there probably is an undercurrent of not feeling at ease.

  8. #18
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    As long as I'm not being directly involved or distracted by it, I could care less. I really don't pay that much attention to other people.
    Well I find that these sorts of things are in general distracting, especially if you are in a class situation where you have nothing else to occupy yourself.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  9. #19
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Currently your avatar's cuteness is distracting me.

  10. #20
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I often look back and wish I hadn't been so emotional. I tend to view even a small display of emotion to be a little much.

    As far as others go, I'm not bothered by them displaying emotion, since it doesn't really concern me. I'm usually annoyed more than anything else. I have been known to cringe when someone says something blatantly embarrassing... I've been there too many times myself.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

Similar Threads

  1. Drowned Syrian Refugee Prompts Social Media Display of Emotion
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 12:52 PM
  2. Morler's Levels of Emotional Maturity
    By machintruc in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 07:14 PM
  3. Avatars As Communicators of Emotion
    By Usehername in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 12:58 AM
  4. Do you feel embarrassed by your friends house
    By Sona in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO