• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Getting in tune with my INTPness...

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
To be honest, I never paid much attention to MBTI. But then a therapist suggested I may be an INTP, and frankly it rings true. And more so when I see how INTPs function at work. In my department/unit, I am kind of like the ideas/innovation guy, and I like to see how the "big picture" can be improved and continously enhanced. I hate monotony and routine in my work, and in my personal life I like simplicity and am a straightforward and frank person. I love complexity and of course know that (as a human. duh, lol.) know we play games socially, but I hold littler need nor tolerance of this.

I've even discovered that my INTPness stretches to the social sciences, since I'm planning on getting a doctorate in strategic management and politics. I hate the hard sciences, since they're too abstract, I like studying people and my fellow humans. hehe..

I guess I'm enjoying the self-discovery aspect of this, since it helps me determine what I want/need out of life.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest, I never paid much attention to MBTI. But then a therapist suggested I may be an INTP, and frankly it rings true. And more so when I see how INTPs function at work. In my department/unit, I am kind of like the ideas/innovation guy, and I like to see how the "big picture" can be improved and continously enhanced. I hate monotony and routine in my work, and in my personal life I like simplicity and am a straightforward and frank person. I love complexity and of course know that (as a human. duh, lol.) know we play games socially, but I hold littler need nor tolerance of this.

I've even discovered that my INTPness stretches to the social sciences, since I'm planning on getting a doctorate in strategic management and politics. I hate the hard sciences, since they're too abstract, I like studying people and my fellow humans. hehe..

I guess I'm enjoying the self-discovery aspect of this, since it helps me determine what I want/need out of life.

In a way, my discovery of MBTI has done me a lot of good. I think INTP's in particular can have both the ability and perspective to really use the information MBTI has to offer to great use without falling victim to any of its pits that many a person sometimes falls victim to due to lack of understanding what MBTI truely is or without professional guidance. Ultimately, we're one of the few types to never ever settle for something and always manage to keep an open mind. Allowing us to improve ourselves little by little without heading in the wrong direction.

Cheers!

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I agree. I actually detest psychology a lot since I think it's a plot/tool to dominate, but then as said I like the self-discovery aspect.