User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default Ever walked out of a store because you couldn't deal with it?

I had to go to a pharmacy today to buy somewhat personal/embarassing items. I went to the closest pharmacy, but the shelf I needed was right beside the pharmacy counter with a long lineup of people and an elderly person had blocked the shelf by parking his motorized scooter in front. When I tried to get closer, another guy squeezed by me and hit me in the shoulder with a shopping basket. I got the hell out of that store and drove to another pharmacy. Is this a personality type behaviour, or would any frustrated person do the same?

MBTI
    yupp

no that's weird

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by catlady View Post
    I had to go to a pharmacy today to buy somewhat personal/embarassing items. I went to the closest pharmacy, but the shelf I needed was right beside the pharmacy counter with a long lineup of people and an elderly person had blocked the shelf by parking his motorized scooter in front. When I tried to get closer, another guy squeezed by me and hit me in the shoulder with a shopping basket. I got the hell out of that store and drove to another pharmacy. Is this a personality type behaviour, or would any frustrated person do the same?
    Eh, I think your behavior is understandable, personally - just given the fact that you were buying "personal" items. It doesn't sound like your greatest moment, though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't like crowds and I hate waiting. Unless I was in a really chill mood or there was some kind of constraint that meant I really needed to get my stuff at that place or right away, I'd go someplace else or go back when it wasn't so busy.

Of course, if you're getting embarrassing stuff, it could possibly be less awkward to check out when the cashier was too busy to pay any attention to what anyone was buying. It could be really awkward to buy embarrassing stuff in a nearly deserted store with a bored cashier.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

I've had to buy embarrassing things before, but never ran out of the store. Of course I knew no one in there so it's like fuck it, never gonna see you people again. Of course I had the cashiere double bag it. he tried not bagging it, and it's like really?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

That's something I would do, lol.

MBTI
    INTP

I once about-faced, and walked out of a restaurant, just because the hostess had the audacity to attempt seating me sardine style between two loud obnoxious tables full of little kids, when there were plenty of other tables open. If I was in a better mood, I'd have just said 'No. How about over there?' But not that day. I went elsewhere, somewhat offended for reasons I can't quite explain.

When fate/stupidity conspires to fuck you, sometimes you just gotta walk away. Have no shame, sister.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd definitely FEEL like doing that... I just might be too lazy to actually leave the store, unless it was just really hard to walk through. I've definitely been frustrated during parking enough to just go home or go somewhere else for what I wanted to buy, though.

I take a lot of care to stay out of other people's ways, and I get really irked when they are in my way without compunction and/or just jostling/bumping/banging into me. I don't like it when people break my boundaries like that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I get really irked when they are in my way without compunction and/or just jostling/bumping/banging into me. I don't like it when people break my boundaries like that.
    people like that, make me wish i had a portable flame thrower

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

With the combination of barely being able to see, and having to get the largest size on the shelf, I'm not sure if I'm going back in another Hollister..... would have walked out before getting those awfully short shorts but they were soft and it was 100 degrees.