User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 33

  1. #21
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    I have done stuff like that before. Depends on my mood- if I felt impatient and the world pushed me over the edge. lol Don't sweat it- and glad you got your personal stuff elsewhere.

    And don't be shy buying stuff- just have fun looking at the cashiers feel embarassed to have to ring it up. lol
    I kind of had this experience not too long ago, I'd been to a chemists when I went into town and then on the way home I remembered I had to get something else from the chemists and when I took it to the till the guy, I think, thought he was being a little smart and perhaps figured I'd not worked up the courage to approach the till with it before and was like loudly "so, you got room for that in your bag there or do you need a bag?" and I was like no, its fine and just carried on with the transaction.

    I always try to recall the episode of the Simpsons were marge tells homer while away on a holiday to mexico that she doesnt like to think what he has planned because he has bought all this stuff at the local shop working up the courage to ask about contraband, I think its prohibited fireworks, and its like a porn mag, condoms, enemas, choclate cigars.

  2. #22
    Senior Member AzulEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I kind of had this experience not too long ago, I'd been to a chemists when I went into town and then on the way home I remembered I had to get something else from the chemists and when I took it to the till the guy, I think, thought he was being a little smart and perhaps figured I'd not worked up the courage to approach the till with it before and was like loudly "so, you got room for that in your bag there or do you need a bag?" and I was like no, its fine and just carried on with the transaction.

    I always try to recall the episode of the Simpsons were marge tells homer while away on a holiday to mexico that she doesnt like to think what he has planned because he has bought all this stuff at the local shop working up the courage to ask about contraband, I think its prohibited fireworks, and its like a porn mag, condoms, enemas, choclate cigars.
    lol!

    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

    ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

  3. #23
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Yes I have. A couple of times. Several occasions but a recurring one is at a fast food place where the lines reach all the way to Japan and I just cant be arsed. (because i dont really like fast food much anyway and just tend to go there fort the fast bit.)

    I also went shopping for a belt once and when I found one I liked a shop assistant told me I dhouldnt pick that one and showed me one she thought was better. Now I dont care that much usually but something about it this time seriously rubbed me the wrong way and left without even buying the one I did like.

    Ironically I went there the next day to buy the one I liked. So I guess I was just trying to make a point.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  4. #24
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yes I have. A couple of times. Several occasions but a recurring one is at a fast food place where the lines reach all the way to Japan and I just cant be arsed. (because i dont really like fast food much anyway and just tend to go there fort the fast bit.)

    I also went shopping for a belt once and when I found one I liked a shop assistant told me I dhouldnt pick that one and showed me one she thought was better. Now I dont care that much usually but something about it this time seriously rubbed me the wrong way and left without even buying the one I did like.

    Ironically I went there the next day to buy the one I liked. So I guess I was just trying to make a point.
    That kind of thing would result in me "shaking the dust from my shoes" with respect of that shop, ie I would totally boycott them and they would never get trade from me again, I would encourage others not to shop there and any blood kin with my loyalty to me would shun them too.

  5. #25
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    That kind of thing would result in me "shaking the dust from my shoes" with respect of that shop, ie I would totally boycott them and they would never get trade from me again, I would encourage others not to shop there and any blood kin with my loyalty to me would shun them too.
    It would require a whole lot more to do that to me. I saw this as an annoyance but not a serious disservice. And the shop assistant seemed quite 'cheery and honest' (ie. professional) and normally I'd be the first to praise that. I can even respect it. Right at that time and at that moment, it was the last thing I wanted to hear though, especially since I already had my mind set on something. In this case, she obviously misread me. To be fair, if I hadnt felt like the belt I had was the one I wanted, I would probably be flattered that someone else shows interest in me buying stuff and wouldve seriously considered it.

    I'd applaud that behaviour over non-behaviour (assistents not taking any notice nor show any kind of interest in their products) any day. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  6. #26
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It would require a whole lot more to do that to me. I saw this as an annoyance but not a serious disservice. And the shop assistant seemed quite 'cheery and honest' (ie. professional) and normally I'd be the first to praise that. I can even respect it. Right at that time and at that moment, it was the last thing I wanted to hear though, especially since I already had my mind set on something. In this case, she obviously misread me. To be fair, if I hadnt felt like the belt I had was the one I wanted, I would probably be flattered that someone else shows interest in me buying stuff and wouldve seriously considered it.

    I'd applaud that behaviour over non-behaviour (assistents not taking any notice nor show any kind of interest in their products) any day. :P
    Oh I maybe took you up wrong, I went to a bank once dressed casual, like I choose to sometimes, and while I was asking the lady to pay a visa bill for me, which was a small bill, less that £250, and I asked about a leaflet they had about savings and shares plans and the lady sneered and said they were not really aimed at "people like me", now I dont know if it was sectarian or social class but when she saw how much I had in my account she tried to change her tune and I was just like "that's alright", changed branch of bank and never went back. Still hate the place.

    Another branch had someone snooty who wouldnt explain mortgages to me in the same way, although banks are known for behaving badly towards customers I guess.

  7. #27
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Oh I maybe took you up wrong, I went to a bank once dressed casual, like I choose to sometimes, and while I was asking the lady to pay a visa bill for me, which was a small bill, less that £250, and I asked about a leaflet they had about savings and shares plans and the lady sneered and said they were not really aimed at "people like me", now I dont know if it was sectarian or social class but when she saw how much I had in my account she tried to change her tune and I was just like "that's alright", changed branch of bank and never went back. Still hate the place.

    Another branch had someone snooty who wouldnt explain mortgages to me in the same way, although banks are known for behaving badly towards customers I guess.
    Oh, don't talk banks. It's a shame there aren't an unlimited supply of banks in the world. Although I've never had issues with banks concerning personal matters, business wise it's been painful at times to say the least. The main issue I've had though is not being able to get in contact with someone that actually has a clue.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #28
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    No, but I walked out of a bar the other day because I was there for a few minutes without getting served and I decided I didn't want to pay for another drink that night, at least not yet until I had walked around and done other stuff and gotten thirsty or enough of a taste for something to pay for it.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  9. #29
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Oh, don't talk banks. It's a shame there aren't an unlimited supply of banks in the world. Although I've never had issues with banks concerning personal matters, business wise it's been painful at times to say the least. The main issue I've had though is not being able to get in contact with someone that actually has a clue.
    It can happen in other contexts too, its the unashamed discriminatory or prejudiced attitudes and mindsets which bother me.

    In particular I hate pretentiousness or a sort of middle class class consciousness, kiss up and piss down, and I hate it when I think anyone is either pandering or putting me down.

  10. #30
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    They have those like little ones you put on the finger at places like Walmart, so I assume they have them in drug stores like Walgreens too. I haven't seen any of the 'normal' ones outside of sex shops though.
    Oh yeah, I've seen vibrating cock rings too, next to the condoms/lube. I would buy one but I've heard they're not very good.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 12:45 PM
  2. Just because you don't agree with someone
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 09:39 PM
  3. betrayal of trust how do you deal with it?
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 02:46 AM
  4. Have you ever walked out in the middle of a job interview?
    By Such Irony in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 03:18 PM
  5. [INTJ] How do you INTJ's deal with ESFJ's?
    By Harlow_Jem in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO