User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

LOL, let it be known that I have never actually run out of a store (yeah, that would be weird and might get me stopped by a security guard!) and that the other store was on my way home.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'd definitely FEEL like doing that... I just might be too lazy to actually leave the store, unless it was just really hard to walk through. I've definitely been frustrated during parking enough to just go home or go somewhere else for what I wanted to buy, though.
    This.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Not really.. I'd feel like I was letting people push me around and influencing my behavior if I ever did that. I'd be far more likely to tell people to move. (I'm trying to think of anything that embarrassing that I'd be less likely to be loud about annoying people.. but I just can't. An enema? Condoms? Lubricant? Tampons? Tampons for someone else? A personal massage thing? ... Okay, that last one I'd probably just leave instead of grabbing it.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I have to buy somewhat embarrassing things, I make sure to also buy some non-embarrassing things with it in hopes to 'cover up' the embarrassing thing. Am I the only one who does this?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    A personal massage thing? ... Okay, that last one I'd probably just leave instead of grabbing it.)
    A personal massage thing? Like, a vibrator, or a real actual massage thing?
    I had no idea they sold those (vibrators) in drug stores. o_o

I remember buying condoms, tape, and a Santa hat once in a Walgreens and my bf wondered what they would make of that combination and I think probably nothing at all because they weren't that interesting.

I sometimes feel shame about the amount of chocolate I buy but that doesn't really stop me.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I just always bank on the fact that other people buy "embarrassing" things too. Whatever. I really don't recall being embarrassed to buy anything before. If anything I'm happy to present a casual attitude about it so that maybe others will feel more comfortable with whatever they think is embarrassing.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by catlady View Post
    I had to go to a pharmacy today to buy somewhat personal/embarassing items. I went to the closest pharmacy, but the shelf I needed was right beside the pharmacy counter with a long lineup of people and an elderly person had blocked the shelf by parking his motorized scooter in front. When I tried to get closer, another guy squeezed by me and hit me in the shoulder with a shopping basket. I got the hell out of that store and drove to another pharmacy. Is this a personality type behaviour, or would any frustrated person do the same?
    I've not acted on that impulse but yes, I definitely understand it, it was on my mind at the time I posted the thread about people walking into me.

I believe that thinkers have a tendency to be very thoughtful, that is reflective about themselves, possess a higher than average degree of self awareness and even critical awareness, they can then be conscientious and there can be strong underpinning affects which because feeling is repressed or disowned as a governing function are not so well handled.

So when you encounter situations which are likely to be trying or testing and challenging because you're going to be dealing with other people who are not so thoughtful, not so conscientious, possibly totally and utterly failing to think beyond themselves or just to think per se, that bumbling, "pin ball" sort of this minute positive, that minute negative depending on the last two words said to them by someone else, possibly of the exact same nature to them, that's going to be trying all by itself, sometimes if you're already on a low ebb and this shit hits you well "fuck it" and evade the source of the stress becomes the way to deal with it.

I know there's people going to describe that as introversion, perhaps there's a correlation, but I'm not sure about that, I see it built into entire systems, whether or not a measure of comprehension, calculation and critical thinking is involved, assumed or not on the part of users and people at one, two or three removes from that user. Like motorists on badly signposted roads or bad urban planning resulting in crowding or rioting.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by catlady View Post
    I had to go to a pharmacy today to buy somewhat personal/embarassing items. I went to the closest pharmacy, but the shelf I needed was right beside the pharmacy counter with a long lineup of people and an elderly person had blocked the shelf by parking his motorized scooter in front. When I tried to get closer, another guy squeezed by me and hit me in the shoulder with a shopping basket.
    In the shoulder? Are you really, really short?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    A personal massage thing? Like, a vibrator, or a real actual massage thing?
    I had no idea they sold those (vibrators) in drug stores. o_o

I remember buying condoms, tape, and a Santa hat once in a Walgreens and my bf wondered what they would make of that combination and I think probably nothing at all because they weren't that interesting.

I sometimes feel shame about the amount of chocolate I buy but that doesn't really stop me.
    They have those like little ones you put on the finger at places like Walmart, so I assume they have them in drug stores like Walgreens too. I haven't seen any of the 'normal' ones outside of sex shops though.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I have done stuff like that before. Depends on my mood- if I felt impatient and the world pushed me over the edge. lol Don't sweat it- and glad you got your personal stuff elsewhere.

And don't be shy buying stuff- just have fun looking at the cashiers feel embarassed to have to ring it up. lol
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8