User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Are you a typical NT?

I am in some ways. I do value objectivity, since I hate being swayed by others' opinions/beliefs. I also like to reason out how the world works, and am very innovative/creative in how I think (quintessential INTP traits, I know).

but then I really like fun. I like to spend most of the day, if I can, just doing things I enjoy. This sounds ESFP-esque, but then INTP traits also stress autonomy, so perhaps this is why (I do admit I like my own space and time). But then this space has to be used just to enjoy myself and have fun.

I would say I understand people well and have good empathy, and can be witty when needs be (non-INTP traits to some degree).

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    I am in some ways. I do value objectivity, since I hate being swayed by others' opinions/beliefs. I also like to reason out how the world works, and am very innovative/creative in how I think (quintessential INTP traits, I know).

but then I really like fun. I like to spend most of the day, if I can, just doing things I enjoy. This sounds ESFP-esque, but then INTP traits also stress autonomy, so perhaps this is why (I do admit I like my own space and time). But then this space has to be used just to enjoy myself and have fun.

I would say I understand people well and have good empathy, and can be witty when needs be (non-INTP traits to some degree).
    "but then I really like fun. I like to spend most of the day, if I can, just doing things I enjoy. This sounds ESFP-esque"

Isn't ESFP like, it's universal. Everyone likes having fun, everyone prefers to spend most of their days doing things they enjoy...

"I would say I understand people well and have good empathy, and can be witty when needs be (non-INTP traits to some degree)."

These traits are normal for INTP's.

I think you may have some misconceptions about the INTP type in general.

since I hate being swayed by others' opinions/beliefs.
    This is the only non-INTP thing about your post, although I think that is more because of a wrong choice of words. INTP's love having their ideas challenged and would be the first to be swayed by good arguements, as long as those arguements are valid of course. If they're bad arguements, I'm with you on that one.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

the ESFP is the entertainer. S/he sees fun and sociality as paramount. NTs see reason and insight as paramount.

INTPs often are labelled as socially awkward, however I don't think I am. I am reserved but never shy.

As for others' opinions, well I consider myself open-minded if present with a cogent argument.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think I'm more sensitive and feeler-y than the average NT. I care what other people think of me and I consider how others will feel about something when making decisions. I can get emotional about the stupidest things sometimes.

Otherwise, I'm no different than most NTs. I have a strong need for independence and competence in what I do. I have a strong need to understand how the world works and have a love of learning things. I seek the truth behind things.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Do you have to be an actual NT to answer this question? lol

When I thought I was an NT I thought I was pretty typical in some ways but not others. Some people in real life still initially type me as an INTX. If you take a list of "typical NF qualities" and "typical NT qualities" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be much more on the NF side if at all. But then INFJ's are the most NT-like of the NF's, and I'm not unique in this.

Anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Moooods!

*reports post*

ndovjtjcaqidthi

When I thought I was an NT I thought I was pretty typical in some ways but not others. Some people in real life still initially type me as an INTX. If you take a list of "typical NF qualities" and "typical NT qualities" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be much more on the NF side if at all. But then INFJ's are the most NT-like of the NF's, and I'm not unique in this.

Anyway,
    Damnit. I was gonna post something like this.

/not original not unique

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Moooods!

*reports post*

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Damnit. I was gonna post something like this.

/not original not unique
    and I'm not unique in this.
    Uh, that's that I said...

I frequently don't know if people are joking, but just so you know I was not "reacting" at all, let alone overreacting. Just posing the question. I think it would be interesting to know what a typical NT looks like and see if non-NT's look like this too sometimes. I have no emotional attachment to this whatsoever.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I guess I'd need to know what a typical NT is, and then I could answer. Then again, I guess that's a very NT-overthought response.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Uh, that's that I said...

I frequently don't know if people are joking, but just so you know I was not "reacting" at all, let alone overreacting. Just posing the question. I think it would be interesting to know what a typical NT looks like and see if non-NT's look like this too sometimes. I have no emotional attachment to this whatsoever.
    I was saying that *I'm* not original or unique.