User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Isn't ESFP like, it's universal. Everyone likes having fun, everyone prefers to spend most of their days doing things they enjoy...
    The difference lies in what we find enjoyable, and this can be a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Do you have to be an actual NT to answer this question? lol
    Not at all. We will accept reasonable replies from convincing imitations.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I guess I'd need to know what a typical NT is, and then I could answer. Then again, I guess that's a very NT-overthought response.
    Quite. Moreover, there are significant differences among the 4 NT types. On an individual level, I can say most of what is in the usual INTJ type descriptions applies to me. The descriptions leave plenty of room for interpretation, however, especially in how and where one applies the characteristics of the type, so even INTJs will have significant differences one from another.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The difference lies in what we find enjoyable, and this can be a big difference.

Not at all. We will accept reasonable replies from convincing imitations.

Quite. Moreover, there are significant differences among the 4 NT types.
    Would you say a need to eliminate any ambiguities in communication is more of an INTP thing? Then again, I've noticed you do that, also. (Some people criticize that tendency, but ambiguities are how misunderstandings happen.)

I relate to the INTP description very well, not just in terms of strengths, but weaknesses, if we are using descriptions as an example of "typicalness."
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Would you say a need to eliminate any ambiguities in communication is more of an INTP thing? Then again, I've noticed you do that, also. (Some people criticize that tendency, but ambiguities are how misunderstandings happen.)
    I want to eliminate ambiguities that interfere with getting something done. I think INTPs do it more for the satisfaction of internal consistency.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I would like to define the characteristics of a "typical NT" and compare it to a "typical NF" otherwise it's just going to sound subjective.

NT's at thier best are: innovative, inquisitive, analytical, bright, independant, witty, and competant.

NT's at thier worst are: arrogant, cynical, critical, distant, and self-righteous.

NT's value knowledge and competancy. Problem-solving and mastering new challanges are stimulating.

According to these characteristics I'm a "typical NT"

In comparison to NF's...

at their best: compassionate, warm, loyal, helpful, idealistic, and genuine.

at thier worst: hypersensitive, overly emotional, judgemental, impractical, un-realistic, and self-absorbed.

We can only know ourselves from knowing another, because then we'd have nothing to compare to.

What may seem "warm" to one person, is different to another.

Compared to an NF I'm none of the best qualities except for helpful.

On TypoC however, I think that a little thing that I like to call my "7 front," kind of makes me seem more NF to others. But irl, I don't have the capacity to have as much emotional depth as an NF.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I was saying that *I'm* not original or unique.
    Oh I see. I don't understand half the things people say. Or people. Sadly, that's probably typical of NT's. Or is it just a stereotype?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Oh I see. I don't understand half the things people say. Or people. Sadly, that's probably typical of NT's. Or is it just a stereotype?
    You remind me of @msg_v2 in that respect.

MBTI
    INTP

Do you have to be an actual NT to answer this question? lol

When I thought I was an NT I thought I was pretty typical in some ways but not others. Some people in real life still initially type me as an INTX. If you take a list of "typical NF qualities" and "typical NT qualities" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be much more on the NF side if at all. But then INFJ's are the most NT-like of the NF's, and I'm not unique in this.

Anyway,
    It's a free forum/world, post away lol.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I would like to define the characteristics of a "typical NT" and compare it to a "typical NF" otherwise it's just going to sound subjective.

NT's at thier best are: innovative, inquisitive, analytical, bright, independant, witty, and competant.

NT's at thier worst are: arrogant, cynical, critical, distant, and self-righteous.

NT's value knowledge and competancy. Problem-solving and mastering new challanges are stimulating.

According to these characteristics I'm a "typical NT"

In comparison to NF's...

at their best: compassionate, warm, loyal, helpful, idealistic, and genuine.

at thier worst: hypersensitive, overly emotional, judgemental, impractical, un-realistic, and self-absorbed.

We can only know ourselves from knowing another, because then we'd have nothing to compare to.

What may seem "warm" to one person, is different to another.

Compared to an NF I'm none of the best qualities except for helpful.

On TypoC however, I think that a little thing that I like to call my "7 front," kind of makes me seem more NF to others. But irl, I don't have the capacity to have as much emotional depth as an NF.
    I'd agree about this.

I have many of the NT traits you mentioned and some of the NF.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    "but then I really like fun. I like to spend most of the day, if I can, just doing things I enjoy. This sounds ESFP-esque"

Isn't ESFP like, it's universal. Everyone likes having fun, everyone prefers to spend most of their days doing things they enjoy...

"I would say I understand people well and have good empathy, and can be witty when needs be (non-INTP traits to some degree)."

These traits are normal for INTP's.

I think you may have some misconceptions about the INTP type in general.

This is the only non-INTP thing about your post, although I think that is more because of a wrong choice of words. INTP's love having their ideas challenged and would be the first to be swayed by good arguements, as long as those arguements are valid of course. If they're bad arguements, I'm with you on that one.
    My understanding of ESFPs is that for them, fun/entertainment is the key of life. Everybody likes fun, granted. But then for NTs, we generally see intellectual challenge as key.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    My understanding of ESFPs is that for them, fun/entertainment is the key of life. Everybody likes fun, granted. But then for NTs, we generally see intellectual challenge as key.
    I think NT's typically require more to satisfy them in entertainment. They can enjoy SP-type things for awhile but might get bored with it or try to throw in some intellectual stimulation.