• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] healthy/unhealthy INTJ

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what would the differences be between a healthy and a unhealthy INTJ be?

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
- healthy - accepts that logic is just one part of the human condition.

- unhealthy - is disdainful of others who are not logical, nor value it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Many different facets, many different levels.

In a general sense (for any type), healthy is partaking in society while feeling content. Unhealthy is the rest.

ahraysee

MBTI Type
INTJ

I would say this is a great indicator. An INTJ who can recognize, name, and fully own a negative emotion without suppressing it, would be pretty healthy in my book, whereas the unhealthy behavior would be squashing the feeling.

The same concept probably applies to any other type too--"This is how I do it, it is the best way, and you are in some way lesser if you don't do it this way too." could be a sentiment expressed by any unhealthy person, their type determining the supposedly superior behavior in question.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I do both - what does that mean?? Logic is just one part of the human condition, but a very important part, so it is hard to respect people who see no value in it.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I do both - what does that mean?? Logic is just one part of the human condition, but a very important part, so it is hard to respect people who see no value in it.

yes, because different personalities, cultures and value systems are evil, right?

the importance of logic is context-based. Even as an INTP, I see logic holding relative value. Maybe that's my "P" speaking, I don't know....

W

WhoCares

Most people here would characterise me as an unhealthy INTJ because I express the negative traits of that type more loudly than the positive ones. I am an extreme example as I make no effort to compensate in an effort to fit in as most people would. I am highly resistant to social conditioning and do not seek the approval of others. That makes me an abnormality as most people would do the opposite, or at least if they didn't they would play along in an effort to work the system. I do neither.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes, because different personalities, cultures and value systems are evil, right?

the importance of logic is context-based. Even as an INTP, I see logic holding relative value. Maybe that's my "P" speaking, I don't know....
I think much less in terms of good/evil than effective/ineffective. Someone with a disdain for logic will refuse to employ it even when useful. Valuing logic does not require its overapplication. Quite the contrary.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I think much less in terms of good/evil than effective/ineffective. Someone with a disdain for logic will refuse to employ it even when useful. Valuing logic does not require its overapplication. Quite the contrary.

eh? good and evil don't exist.

i'm simply saying that humans are not strictly logical, nor should we be.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm simply saying that humans are not strictly logical, nor should we be.
And I wrote:
it is hard to respect people who see no value in [logic].
It seems there is some middle ground between the two perspectives.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
or you can't get human beings.. good for you, it's not really my issue.

as an INTP, i detest "logical behaviour", I largely act on whim.

Sinshred

MBTI Type
INTJ
healthy = dr tenka (monster) unhealty = hannibal lacter they both doctor in different subject and INTJ of course. But look at how treat their patient and other people.

A

Anew Leaf

healthy: balanced between inner and outer world
unhealthy: skewed towards inner world or possibly outer world

I

Infinite Bubble

Unhealthy INTJs retreat into their easiest mode of existence, which is Ni. This in turn leads to a withdrawal from the world, and so Ni & Fi are emphasized, whereas Te & Se are downplayed and ignored. Because the extroverted functions are ignored, they begin to become delusional and and over-involved in their own perceptions whilst rejecting objective data, especially if it contradicts what their introverted functions say. Ni doesn't pick up new data often so the same perceptions are regurgitated. When the extroverted functions are used, they are used terribly and are under great influence of the now-exaggerated introverted functions. Te makes them overly controlling and Se creates aggressiveness and antagonistic behavior, which they may use to act out warped visions created by Ni-Fi. They may become prone to unhealthy sensory habits and violence under the force of inferior Se.