User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Senstive to smells.

I hate smells. My mother washed all my t-shirts and blouses with a new fabric softener which had a very strong scent. I was very annoyed with this incident and I was immediately called by my mother as a very idiosyncratic person. So this is my question? Is it common to all you fellow NT's, to be sensitive to scents?
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have issues with them from time to time and when they bother me they REALLY bother me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

your resident asshole

I probably have the opposite problem. Usually when someone says that something smells, it's rather faint and a non-issue with me. Also I can't seem to smell the preservatives in the cadaver lab unless I'm near a cadaver. Here's hoping I don't always smell like formaldehyde!

Do any of you guys like the smell of skunk? I think it's rather pleasant, but then again I've never smelled one up close.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I probably have the opposite problem. Usually when someone says that something smells, it's rather faint and a non-issue with me. Also I can't seem to smell the preservatives in the cadaver lab unless I'm near a cadaver. Here's hoping I don't always smell like formaldehyde!

Do any of you guys like the smell of skunk? I think it's rather pleasant, but then again I've never smelled one up close.
    I don't find it that unpleasant as people want us to believe. I think that it's generally normal-stinky...

MBTI
    INTP

Don't most people irrespective of type?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    I hate smells. My mother washed all my t-shirts and blouses with a new fabric softener which had a very strong scent. I was very annoyed with this incident and I was immediately called by my mother as a very idiosyncratic person. So this is my question? Is it common to all you fellow NT's, to be sensitive to scents?
    I can't see this being type related but for your information, I don't think I'm particularly sensitive to scents, at least not more than the average person.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Doubt its type related.

I'm never bothered by smells though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You probably are sensitive to chemical smells. Your mother sounds like a pretty insensitive person if she judges you for not liking your clothes to smell like a mildly toxic air freshener.

I am sensitive to smells, they bother me greatly, if anything I have seen this correlate to SF types, not ENTP.

I especially hate strong chemical smells, and no they are not especially good for you. You probably have strong instincts or allergies. I can be woken up by smells, like perfume, bleach, or Lysol, if I am sleeping, I am intolerant of it.

Scientists say women have a stronger sense of smell than men.

Also if the sensory change bothers you more than the smell itself, that could mean you have more Si than you think, or it could even be Aspergers if it happens with most changes.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    Tell your mom there's a reason a lot of detergents are manufactured specifically "Fragrance Free" nowadays.

(No, I doubt it's related to type. I'm pretty sensitive to food smells [turn my stomach sometimes], chemical/perfumes [give me a headache/asthma attack].. it's more a human variation thing than a type-thing, imo).
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You probably are sensitive to chemical smells. Your mother sounds like a pretty insensitive person if she judges you for not liking your clothes to smell like a mildly toxic air freshener.

I am sensitive to smells, they bother me greatly, if anything I have seen this correlate to SF types, not ENTP.

I especially hate strong chemical smells, and no they are not especially good for you. You probably have strong instincts or allergies. I can be woken up by smells, like perfume, bleach, or Lysol, if I am sleeping, I am intolerant of it.

Scientists say women have a stronger sense of smell than men.

Also if the sensory change bothers you more than the smell itself, that could mean you have more Si than you think, or it could even be Aspergers if it happens with most changes.
    Well, I have chronic allergic rhinitis and yes I have to agree that what bothers me the most is the sensory change. The thing is that my sister, who is an ESFP, is fine with smells. For example, she loves perfumes and colognes while I hate them (I mean the very strong ones). But I think that my sensitivity to scents is because of my chronic allergic rhinitis.