User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default I Hate Board Games

They drive me nuts.

I realized this in depth on my gap year program, I knew this before from playing with my family, and I have learned that even when round a table full of some of my best friends (incidentally, but not purposefully all xNxx types) I can't hack it.

I just wish people would be more on top of the game and not hold it back. In effect, be more efficient players. And yes, I realize the paradox that the whole point is to enjoy your time with others.

I just can't hack it. I confessed this hatred to my eNFJ friend the other night when reflecting on our latest game of Settlers (with an INTP, INFP, ENFP) and she pretended to sympathize with me while really giggling on the inside.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    They drive me nuts.

I realized this in depth on my gap year program, I knew this before from playing with my family, and I have learned that even when round a table full of some of my best friends (incidentally, but not purposefully all xNxx types) I can't hack it.

I just wish people would be more on top of the game and not hold it back. In effect, be more efficient players. And yes, I realize the paradox that the whole point is to enjoy your time with others.

I just can't hack it. I confessed this hatred to my eNFJ friend the other night when reflecting on our latest game of Settlers (with an INTP, INFP, ENFP) and she pretended to sympathize with me while really giggling on the inside.
    Perhaps you just haven't played the right games the right way. Me and my friends used to play Monopoly with massive amounts of deal making that went well beyond the actual rules. Have you ever played a game like Risk? Very strategic.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Maybe you just suck.

Wanna play Risk for money?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I love board games. Especially the ones I own everybody on like "The 90's game" but even the games I suck at are fun. Other great ones are Sorry, Clue, Milles Bornes, Scrabble, and of course, Chutes and Ladders.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTJ

I hate Monopoly because I never win.

I love competition. The only times I get annoyed with the people I'm playing with is when they get all dopey and unsure for some reason. I don't mind playing to have fun, but I can't stand defeatist attitudes and warm bodies. I especially don't like it when people play when they actually don't want to...what the hell.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

I agree, except I refer to them as "bored games."

Risk, Diplomacy, and games like that are fun, but I can only tolerate/have time to play something like that about once every 2 years or so.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

It feels like a contrived way of spending time with people, so I tend not to play them for those purposes.

There are very few games I legitimately like, but my non-competitiveness keeps me from taking them seriously when I play with other people.

So yeah.

And on computer/video games, I like cooperative style games the best. But that's just me.

I don't really like board games either.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    INTJ

I can see how playing board games (even strategic ones) would be boring without competitive people, but maybe the problem is just who you're playing with, rather than the game itself.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I love real board games.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTJ

Mmm, yeah that's the ticket...I do like board games, but don't play them that often.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.