User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

Default New to Typology, What type am I VID!

Hi guys! Typing so many "what am I?" threads, I've decided just to make a video.

Things I meant to include:
    -I love to cook
    -I work out a lot, yoga and weight training, though not as much as I used to. When I see flab that I don't want, I work out.
    -In stress, I rather eat very fatty foods or have no appetite at all. Also, I get very in my head and drink a lot.
    -I am only confrontational to people that need to be confronted and I know also take confrontation well.
    -Had a transformation of sorts in South Africa, made me want to help others, and allowed me to put myself in others' shoes.

Hate that I made a video.

Enneagram
    9w8

Where is your face? It would be easier for me if you had a faceLOL...about the long socks! At this point, though, really, all I have is N. I'm leaning toward INT?. Still, I wish you had a face. I feel safe that we can rule out Se as playing a major role in your cognitive functions.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Where is your face? It would be easier for me if you had a faceLOL...about the long socks! At this point, though, really, all I have is N. I'm leaning toward INT?. Still, I wish you had a face. I feel safe that we can rule out Se as playing a major role in your cognitive functions.
    Actually, I am going to go ahead and tell you that my first impression was INTJ. I may be proven wrong later, but that's my first inclination, hunch...Ni guess, whatever you want to call it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Actually, I am going to go ahead and tell you that my first impression was INTJ. I may be proven wrong later, but that's my first inclination, hunch...Ni guess, whatever you want to call it.
    It's funny you say that.

N is actually the thing that I thought I was the most certain of. My friends tell me that I'm DEFINITELY a Sensor. I don't know why. I look like a jock, I work out a lot, and I follow rules whereas I don't want to deal with the penalties, not because they are the rules (i.e. I get my work done on time so I don't get a 0, I only go about 10 above the speed limit so I don't get a ticket, that sort of thing).

Enneagram
    9w8

@idkman24 I said I was going on a hunch, but something must be fueling the hunch, so let's break it down and try to discover what it is.

I was going by what you "told" me about yourself and by the way in which you told it. See, I don't think a true sensor would have been a sports klutz as a child. Although, I suppose an ISTJ could be a sports klutz. One of my closest friends, also my business partner, training partner, etc...he's my all around buddy, is an INTJ. As a child he was teased, picked on, etc. When he got to be a teenager, he decided it was going to stop. He as a sports klutz, too, so as you did with the weight lifting, he found another avenue, martial arts. INFJs and INTJs are notorious for never giving up when faced with obstacles, but simply finding another way to accomplish the goal. Whoever coined the phrase, "throwing in the towel" wasn't talking about Ni-dominants. There is no throwing in the towel, there is only finding a way around, over, under or through any obstacle in the way. I think that a strong Ni lends itself to great tenacity.

Another thing that makes me think INTJ is the hospital experience. You said, "I got the most work done, but they didn't see that." You talked about skipping steps, and finding better ways; that sounds very IN-J-like to me. Also, all of the ISTJs I know are very security minded. It would be rare for my ISTJ friends to look for the weirdest, most adventurous place they could think of and want to go there

Also, one more thing that leads me to lean toward IN-J is your hands, the way you move them when you talk. You use them to emphasize points, to be "exact". You don't have that "loose" feel to you that INFPs and INTPs have. You don't seem extroverted at all, but then again, I don't know you in real life and that's hard to tell from a video clip.

Oh, and one more thing, both my INTJ friend and I follow the rules, because it's hard to accomplish anything worthwhile when you're sitting in jail or having to spend all your extra money on speeding tickets, so that's a thin argument from your friends. Following rules that have negative consequences doesn't automatically make you an S. It just makes you sane. I follow most of the rules, too.
    So, that leaves, in my mind, ISTJ, INTJ or INFJ and at this point I'm leaning toward INTJ.

WALMART

Pretty plain Ti-dom, in my eyes. Si/Ni types are both sticklers for "the correct method", don't let anyone tell you there's a difference between their concern in that regard. Your hospital story is what convinced me away from introverted irrationality and towards introverted rationality.

Would you say you are more habitually driven, or go with the flow?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Pretty plain Ti-dom, in my eyes. Si/Ni types are both sticklers for "the correct method", don't let anyone tell you there's a difference between their concern in that regard. Your hospital story is what convinced me away from introverted irrationality and towards introverted rationality.

Would you say you are more habitually driven, or go with the flow?
    If I'm say, at work or at school, I'm definitely more habitually driven. I have things I need to get done, and I have a timeline I need to follow to get it done.

In terms of, say, vacation or hanging out with friends, unless there is something I REALLY want to do, I'm go with the flow.

People (and by people I mean my INFP best friend and my ENTP crush) have told me that I'm not strong on anything aside from Judging (xxxJ).

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by idkman24 View Post
    If I'm say, at work or at school, I'm definitely more habitually driven. I have things I need to get done, and I have a timeline I need to follow to get it done.

In terms of, say, vacation or hanging out with friends, unless there is something I REALLY want to do, I'm go with the flow.
    I'm pretty sure ISTP or INTP. INTP if you're sure on your 3w2 typing, and you seem socially affluent enough. Might be the beer.

I also kinda wondered Fi a little. The emotional/physical pain thing + the being perceived as highly detached.

Now we shall see what everyone else thinks.

Edit: Read your other thread, your friend is right - you don't "use" Si. It is far closer to a philosophical outlook than it is a rational process. That's why I don't understand Ni and "connecting the dots". That is a rational function at work.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I'm pretty sure ISTP or INTP. INTP if you're sure on your 3w2 typing, and you seem socially affluent enough. Might be the beer.

I also kinda wondered Fi a little. The emotional/physical pain thing + the being perceived as highly detached.

Now we shall see what everyone else thinks.

Edit: Read your other thread, your friend is right - you don't "use" Si. It is far closer to a philosophical outlook than it is a rational process. That's why I don't understand Ni and "connecting the dots". That is a rational function at work.
    INTP is a reasonable guess, and I guess ISTP is too.

I'm socially affluent to a degree. I spend a LOT of time alone. If I go to a party, and I'm comfortable with the people there, The Charmer in me REALLY comes out. If I go to a random nightclub with a couple of friends, I kind of shrink in the corner, minding my own business.

I think Fi too, but I have Fe tendencies. I usually experience my own emotions when I feel like I failed someone or something. Otherwise, I tend to feel sad when others feel sad, and I HATE that I'm a sucker for sentimentality. Also, I easily feel if there is tension in a room or not. However, if someone is feeling sad and I think it's for a stupid reason, I pretty much try to convince them that there are worse things in the world OR I just leave the room and leave them to their own vices (if I'm not in the mood to sit down and comfort them).

I understand what you say about Si, but some things my friend says are ridiculous. When I think, I kind of look up to the sky OR focus my eyes into the distance (squinting). He claims both of these are Si, because I'm 'rolling my eyes back to my brain to find what I'm looking for filed away in a rolodex of information,' and 'trying to focus in on what information has worked in the past.' I have other friends who call this Ti. I think he just SO badly wants me to be a Sensor, honestly. I think it's an INFP thing (sort of an Ne devil's advocate, but also a desire to be right and cause some turmoil in the process).

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by idkman24 View Post
    INTP is a reasonable guess, and I guess ISTP is too.

I'm socially affluent to a degree. I spend a LOT of time alone. If I go to a party, and I'm comfortable with the people there, The Charmer in me REALLY comes out. If I go to a random nightclub with a couple of friends, I kind of shrink in the corner, minding my own business.

I think Fi too, but I have Fe tendencies. I usually experience my own emotions when I feel like I failed someone or something. Otherwise, I tend to feel sad when others feel sad, and I HATE that I'm a sucker for sentimentality. Also, I easily feel if there is tension in a room or not. However, if someone is feeling sad and I think it's for a stupid reason, I pretty much try to convince them that there are worse things in the world OR I just leave the room and leave them to their own vices (if I'm not in the mood to sit down and comfort them).
    Interesting. I think Fe, if I were to sum it up in one sentence, has 'ideal states of being' for the objective surrounding. This can be what leads to the charity and good-natured interpersonal tendency Fe is known for, but the primary thing to keep in mind is that when this type of character is present, the objective orientation to reality kind of goes out the window when logical inconsistency is presented. I think Jung was referencing the type of character in The Undiscovered Self when he said certain types were predisposed to "That doesn't happen in our house" type of thinking.

I understand what you say about Si, but some things my friend says are ridiculous. When I think, I kind of look up to the sky OR focus my eyes into the distance (squinting). He claims both of these are Si, because I'm 'rolling my eyes back to my brain to find what I'm looking for filed away in a rolodex of information,' and 'trying to focus in on what information has worked in the past.' I have other friends who call this Ti. I think he just SO badly wants me to be a Sensor, honestly. I think it's an INFP thing (sort of an Ne devil's advocate, but also a desire to be right and cause some turmoil in the process).
    I've never cared much for those standards of typing, seems like a weird way to identify when so many other correlations are waiting to be made.

Si and Ti are pretty similar, sometimes I think Jung wrote them hand in hand (along with Se/Te, Ne/Fe, and Ni/Fi). The irrational attitude is essentially the character produced by the orientation to reality. Both are oriented subjectively to the objective nature of reality, but while Ti seeks to purely intellectualize the process of industry, Si/Ni embodies this industry itself and springboards outward from there. Introverted irrationality is a lot like culturing a Petri dish, while introverted rationality is a lot like studying them. Ti probably prefers the deadliest strains, Te is happy with them all.

Are you Buddhist or any similar denomination, by any chance?