• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I can think of a few reasons why people would hate INTJs but a lot of them would be based on assumptions made (maybe because of our cold exterior) that most INTJs don't really care about clarifying. We may also come across as condescending but thats just a Dom/aux Te thing

No. INTJs, like ISTJs, are extremely passive people. Where is this dominating thing coming from? We come off as condescending to people who are oblivious to reality (to the point where they grate our nerves) and to people who are spouting total lies.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. INTJs, like ISTJs, are extremely passive people. Where is this dominating thing coming from? We come off as condescending to people who are oblivious to reality (to the point where they grate our nerves) and to people who are spouting total lies.
Not quite. We just put ends over means generally. An ENTJ seems more likely to want to do things his way as much for the sake of it as because it will bring good results. I would like a dollar for every time I have thought of how something might be done, but then let someone else do it their way because I could see it would get the result I wanted, and I then could turn my efforts toward something else. When I see that their way won't get good results, though, I am anything but passive. This is related to the idea that INTJs don't seek leadership, but will step foward as leaders when others aren't getting the job done, then return to the background once the crisis has been addressed.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

You're not dominating in action, just in mind, which is where the bulk of the Internet takes place. I get along with INTJs great in person, but terribly online.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're not dominating in action, just in mind, which is where the bulk of the Internet takes place. I get along with INTJs great in person, but terribly online.

This is an interesting point, which I think goes beyond just INTJs. I think that a lot of people who feel like they don't get to speak their mind in real life tend to let their thoughts out on the internet, especially anonymously. This is going to be doubly true for INTJs (and INFJs), who tend to feel misunderstood most of the time in real life.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is an interesting point, which I think goes beyond just INTJs. I think that a lot of people who feel like they don't get to speak their mind in real life tend to let their thoughts out on the internet, especially anonymously. This is going to be doubly true for INTJs (and INFJs), who tend to feel misunderstood most of the time in real life.

This is true for INxPs, also.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Because ...

intj_poster__don_t_become_a_statistic_by_peteralexander2014-d6a7a3q.jpg

Duffy

Sounds like INxx perhaps. You mention in another thread the possible meaning behind an INTJ manner during information gathering, which I thought sounded like me word for word. Me thinks introverted intuitive problems.

Also, do you teach for a living?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't hate INTJs, it's hard for me to hate someone. Like truly and utterly hate someone. I haven't met a lot of INTJs though, to add to that.

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Not quite. We just put ends over means generally. An ENTJ seems more likely to want to do things his way as much for the sake of it as because it will bring good results. I would like a dollar for every time I have thought of how something might be done, but then let someone else do it their way because I could see it would get the result I wanted, and I then could turn my efforts toward something else. When I see that their way won't get good results, though, I am anything but passive. This is related to the idea that INTJs don't seek leadership, but will step foward as leaders when others aren't getting the job done, then return to the background once the crisis has been addressed.

accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance

Just because you feel like doing something, doesn't mean you actually are doing something.

Exulansis

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I suspect that there are a multitude of reasons why INTJs are treated negatively. For example, INTJs are a bit of an Internet meme at this point, which consequently means that their portrait to the uneducated is of the exemplary traits hyperbolized, often in a negative light. Those who lack skepticism, or just don't care to know better, will hold this stereotypical image in their mind and will judge INTJs with it. Also, it's easier to judge people by their affiliated group than by their merit, so those who, again, don't care to learn about the type or just want to get someone's knickers in a twist will go on making ungrounded assumptions and accusations. This general hate is through emotional thinking that lacks any maturity or rationale.

That's one reason I could think up of, anyways. There's also people scapegoating, being too lazy to analyze someone individually ("This person must be an INTJ, that's how they all act!"), etc, etc. Not very respectable actions in my eyes, and clearly not in other's either.

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What's funny about it?

If you were to interact with INTJs in real life, you'd likely have no clue what they were thinking on the inside. INTJs wear a poker face, much like ISTJs.

It's only when you start getting to know INTJs that you see another side to them. I think I'll call it pathos. I think aggression is too strong of a word and not entirely accurate.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's funny about it?

If you were to interact with INTJs in real life, you'd likely have no clue what they were thinking on the inside. INTJs wear a poker face, much like ISTJs.
You are confusing being private with being passive. INTJs activeness is seen in our actions much moreso than in our words.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What's funny about it?

It's only when you start getting to know INTJs that you see another side to them. I think I'll call it pathos. I think aggression is too strong of a word and not entirely accurate.

I am one and I'm in no way passive. Neither are any of the other INTJ's or ISTJ's that I've met. They may act uninterested or like they aren't paying attention. Likely because they're uninterested and no longer paying attention.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Active/passive is much better indicated by Enneagram type, not MBTI. A type 8 INTJ is going to be rather different than a type 9 INTJ.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Because njs in general are not straight forward people

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Not to even accidentally *seem* rude cheek, but how much of your retort is coloured by your Enneagram (8s being much more...proactive, than 5s).

(I'd consider the INTJ type 5 to be something between a Dirac Delta function, and a Venus Flytrap. A mortal danger only to the unwary who come within their blast radius...) :newwink:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Active/passive is much better indicated by Enneagram type, not MBTI. A type 8 INTJ is going to be rather different than a type 9 INTJ.

D'rrrat (rolls 'r'). You beat me to it. As usual.

Incidentally, regarding your quote from [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] -- history is a series of people fighting over which anecdotes to use; and then fighting over who gets to write the account of *that* fight (repeat ad nauseum).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Not to even accidentally *seem* rude cheek, but how much of your retort is coloured by your Enneagram (8s being much more...proactive, than 5s).

(I'd consider the INTJ type 5 to be something between a Dirac Delta function, and a Venus Flytrap. A mortal danger only to the unwary who come within their blast radius...) :newwink:

Mostly, I was addressing this quote...

No. INTJs, like ISTJs, are extremely passive people.

Extremely passive people? None of them I know are. Coriolis is a 5, does she seem extremely passive to you? I place more emphasis on enneagram for the most part, because it helps polish and refine MBTI type. I just don't see any of them as extremely passive, regardless of enneagram.