• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A "Why do people hate INTJs" thread has quickly devolved into a heated debate over weapons of mass destruction. It looks like you guys do get blamed for things are aren't directly your responsibility. :D

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A "Why do people hate INTJs" thread has quickly devolved into a heated debate over weapons of mass destruction. It looks like you guys do get blamed for things are aren't directly your responsibility. :D

I can't imagine how frustrating that would be. Anyway, I believe in personal responsibility, so I think scapegoating someone without interest in finding out the facts or truth of the situation, or what views they actually hold, is unfair.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I could put "male" on my profile page as well, but that doesn't make it true. How do we ascertain the truth in these cases?

In before someone suggests creating a dick pic thread for verification.

I always knew Ummy was a guy. I suppose people could see other things that say female but I don't know how.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I always knew Ummy was a guy. I suppose people could see other things that say female but I don't know how.

I truly thought he was a woman. I'm not making that up. I think it has to do with the avatar choices. They seem like the kinds of things female INTs would include as their avatar.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quite a few people here have assumed I was a guy. It happens. Unless you broadcast your gender constantly, it's not always apparent to others.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I truly thought he was a woman. I'm not making that up. I think it has to do with the avatar choices. They seem like the kinds of things female INTs would include as their avatar.

I don't think you're making it up.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quite a few people here have assumed I was a guy. It happens. Unless you broadcast your gender constantly, it's not always apparent to others.

I think people get confusion about my orientation and gender just because I don't really gave a fuck about any of the boxes. It's not something that's worth expending mental energy on.

Of course, sarcastic remarks aimed at homophobes probably don't help.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Women can still post dick pics. No way to verify exactly whose dick is being shown.

I think people get confusiom about my orientation and gender just because I don't really gave a fuck about any of the boxes. It's not something that's worth expending mental energy on.
I have a similar perspective.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with this. I find myself getting along very well with INTJ and ISTJ for this reason. Some of the INTJs that I met in real life are the nicest people ever.

Like I have an INTJ classmate of mine (she self-typed herself as INTJ, and I agree with her self-typing, her thinking style and everything is so similar to Hilary Clinton, whom I believed is an INTJ as well) who is the most selfless person I ever met in my life. She is not very verbal and she doesn't express her feelings much, but she would often show her care and concern for people through practical actions. And true to her INTJ label, she is every teacher's pet because she would always score top in class in every exam and assignments, but at the same time, she is so humble, she doesn't look down on people who are struggling in their studies, but instead, she would go around the entire class and offer her help. Whenever she sees me feeling down, she will start dropping some words of wisdom and give me some advice about life. She is very deep, very wise, very intelligent, very caring. Although INTJs often appear blunt and asshole on the surface, but their tertiary Fi can make them very kind and caring at times. But of course, this is not visible on the surface because it's hidden deep deep beneath their tough exterior. It would take a very perceptive person to notice their soft warm gooey side that they keep hidden from the entire world. :D

If anyone can either
a) perceive the gooey center
or
b) effectively draw it out

it'd be an xNFx ...

:)

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Remember the part where I said you need to go look it up yourself? If you had looked it up yourself, you would have read "Male" on my profile page. It's one of those pesky things called "facts" that you keep on talking about but never actually employ in your arguments. (Which is in itself ironic, as I am not arguing with you, but illustrating perspectives of what truth really looks like.)

I'm sure there's an INTP/INTJ perspective dispute going on, here, as you suggest, but that doesn't change my overall point about your statements. You're worried about whether something is "true" or not, and assert that "logic" would resolve all of these perceived difficulties. It is possible - and extremely common - to have all the facts, to have them all be true, and still be no closer to resolving a real life problem than if you had no facts at all. You are missing the forest (the overall truth and context) for the trees (individual facts).

And let me be very clear, here. I am not trying to "prove" something to you. I am trying to show you something. I am pointing at where to look, and saying "go look for yourself". Go find those unseen things you mentioned, and then point them out to other people. Sitting on your butt talking about "facts" and $5 is only enough to get you a Starbuck's Latte, and not much else. ;)

I think you can get one of those new KFC value meals for $5 if your appetites lead you that way... (segue from 'sitting on your butt' you see ...)

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can have trees without a forest. You can have a forest without trees.

:beathorse:

Confused. How does one have a forest without trees? (except, nitpick vernacular counterexample dragged in by the ear, 'the petrified forest' ...)

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Women can still post dick pics. No way to verify exactly whose dick is being shown.

I have a similar perspective.

Did you *have* to mention that right after the forest and trees? Now somebody's going to start arguing over the definition of the word "wood" ...:dry: :doh:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Confused. How does one have a forest without trees? (except, nitpick vernacular counterexample dragged in by the ear, 'the petrified forest' ...)

I was playing with words, of course.

In this instance, the metaphor is along these lines: you can have a legitimate body of knowledge (a forest) that contains hardly anything resembling facts or logic (trees). The hubris that logicians have is that one requires logic and facts in order to have a body of knowledge: half of all human wisdom is thus invisible to them.

Facts and logic are indeed quite useful, and extremely powerful. But they do not comprise everything we know about the world. See Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid: Douglas R. Hofstadter: 9780465026562: Amazon.com: Books for a good layman's treatise on the limits of logic and facts.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't tell if this thread is derailed or not.

To return to topic, I'll guess it's because young INTJs (and INFJs) have difficulty communicating their inner thoughts which could cause feelings of alienation. I'll also guess that young INTJs (unlike INFJs) initially lack the tact and interpersonal finesse to endear others to them either out of obliviousness or outright resentment of "playing that game". This might cause an ego defense loop where the INTJ rationalizes their rejections as "No one understands because I am something greater." or something like that which results in more insensitivity done by them and more insensitivity received. I imagine that it's through proper development and individuation of Te that INTJs start to see the value in "playing that game" every now and then. Coupled with (assumed) skill and competency, this kicks off a positive feedback loop. Result is a more chill, more mature, more respected INTJ.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I don't know many people who have problems with INTJs they know in the real world; as co workers or acquaintances they come off as fairly humble, hardworking, responsible individuals. It's only when you get through their external barriers and chat with them, a process easily facilitated by the internet, that you start to uncover the most bizarre Fi rooted prejudices and opinions which generally tend to boil down to "humanity is stupid and beneath me." Which is an odd piece of hubris considering their actual ability when it comes to practical matters. I think this hypocrisy of the ego is where most disdain for INTJs comes from; this sort of superiority complex, even though they're barely able to do something as simple as change a tire.

I change the clutch on my car about every 2 years and that involves removing the transmission and transfer case, well I've nearly taken apart the entire car really. (and he probably meant spare tire, because it takes a big expensive tire mounting machine to change a tire on a rim, and you should have it balanced afterwards too, so yea unless you own a tire mounting machine I think most people and even some mechanics can't change their own tire.....).

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
Went to the doctor today. Found out I was born with too much awesomeness.
Most common side effect: an overabundance of HATERS.
Turns out I'm gonna survive.

They hate us cuz they anus
anus.jpg

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my own Swagga
80a8a.jpg

I wake up every morning and Piss Excellence
piss.jpg

Such Jealous Much Envy. Wow.
doge envy.jpg

I bet it sucks to be you right now.
i-bet-it-sucks-to-be-you-right-now.jpg