• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
People hate INTJ's because they're an intuitive. I remember seeing a study showing how INTP females weren't really that accepted in society across cultures throughout the world. INTP males had mixed-feelings from people. I couldn't imagine it being different from INTJ either. Or even during Paleolithic era

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Which people dislike you? You mentioned your circle of friends like you and others are nice because you are nice and approachable to them. Like BadOctopus, though, I find the things you look at/for to be rather superficial. What makes you look favorably on someone, after first acquaintance?

Well in my part of the world ,or just where I come from ,clothes says allot about the person,there body language is easy to read,their vibration they emit is easy to read(might be known as cold reading) I was born with this nice little gift ,something I call X-Ray Vision,once people know about it ,it may repel them so I've kept it hidden,

First meetings with people are always the tricky ones
I'm faced with allot of questions:

I'm at the side of the room everyone else is in the middle talking about irrelvant things,laughing out loud,having a nice drink ,competing against eachother,touching,dancing etc what I mean is everyone is having "fun"

I'm having "fun" on my own analyzing possible outcomes of everything how it would lead up to a physical fight(as always)

But back to the person who randomly comes to me and they always ask these questions

"Why you look so angry"
"Why are you so quiet"
"Aren't you having fun"
"What are you thinking about?"
"What are you doing?"
Or the most irritating one
"Hey are you okay?"
Or this one!
"What's your name?"

These lead me to many random assumptions I have to pin down in a minute or 2

Why talk to me?
What's his/her intention?
Shall we test him if he's worthy?
No...look at his shoes Nike Air Jordan Green=Ghetto
Accent=Ghetto
Eyes=looks like his/her mind is on mars
Ears=Earing in the left ear=gangster? = gang 27 (the gang that creates all the rules and tries to keep the peace between the 26 and 28)
What is he talking about now?
Sounds like he's mocking me
Can't make a spectical out of him it leads to violence
Further analysis I might be wrong
Clothes= on the rich side of things
Conclusion=hes just another ghetto brat who forced his parents to buy him these clothes who allowed him to get an earing and now he has smoked weed
Analysis= he's of no use to me follow with "nice" reply / or make an excuse to go to the toilet

Those are one of my older processes-_- but now its boring but I still use it anyway
First impressions are VERY important because I don't make "just friends" I make connections,I make deeper bonds, anyone in my inner circle has my loyalty ,my trust,my nice side they are the ones I will teach to become greater than themselves to excel in their academics,work etc,I am their rock I am their pillar I will protect them no matter the cost

If they show weakness I will not hesitate to correct them

Well I have a wider circle of aquantences at my disposal if I need them,I just use the equivalent exchange law with them

And then you get the strangers,the ones I watch out for,in my area we are surrounded by ghetto areas

What I just do is I read into the situation and I act fast,if I was wrong with my first analysis the person would undoubtly prove him/herself in time:)

And the people who dislike me,are probably the closer friends I had who I repelled me when I needed them most just showing myself my deductions aren't perfect,maybe the people that I'm frequently random with or whose attention I want,love is a troublesome thing it always brings complications

Those I did wrong in my outer circle,I have a few enemies

My inner circle is falling apart but I always fix things with my other friends :) but I'm sure I've disapointed some of them

People that I'm completely heartless to etc

Than there's the people who crave my attention but I don't give them that

Hope that answered all your questions :)

Oh and someone favorable on first impressions,my intuition will let me know imediately :)

Lark

I dont think people hate N types, certainly not NTs, not on this site anyway, people hate SJs and actively label people they dont like that way.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well in my part of the world ,or just where I come from ,clothes says allot about the person,there body language is easy to read,their vibration they emit is easy to read(might be known as cold reading) I was born with this nice little gift ,something I call X-Ray Vision,once people know about it ,it may repel them so I've kept it hidden,

First meetings with people are always the tricky ones
I'm faced with allot of questions:

I'm at the side of the room everyone else is in the middle talking about irrelvant things,laughing out loud,having a nice drink ,competing against eachother,touching,dancing etc what I mean is everyone is having "fun"

I'm having "fun" on my own analyzing possible outcomes of everything how it would lead up to a physical fight(as always)

But back to the person who randomly comes to me and they always ask these questions

"Why you look so angry"
"Why are you so quiet"
"Aren't you having fun"
"What are you thinking about?"
"What are you doing?"
Or the most irritating one
"Hey are you okay?"
Or this one!
"What's your name?"

These lead me to many random assumptions I have to pin down in a minute or 2
I must admit, questions like that are indeed annoying, and do not bode well for a good relationship. I think I avoid them simply by not putting myself in the sort of situation you describe. I certainly never feel that a conversational misstep on my part might lead to violence. That is serious indeed and your caution is thus understandable. You may simply live in a much different area/environment than I do. Perhaps I am just lucky.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cause they're not INTPs.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Clearly you have never met an immature, angry INTJ male talking (raging) about gamergate and/or fired up about 'feminazis.' I have had an INTJ scream in my face about one of these issues.
Note: He's probably not INTJ. Crazy idea, I know.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Note: they absolutely were. Maybe you aren't an INTJ. Crazy idea, I know.

Your descriptions of immature INTJs is apt. Their reasoning is often insightful, even profound, but it is almost entirely introverted, so only bits and pieces of what we would call "the real world" slip in. Because the intake of data is so limited in such cases, and the INTJ has so little experience, he/she does the typical INTJ habit of "overthinking" everything, drawing entirely plausible connections that have only the slightest connections to reality.

As an older INTJ, the most remarkable thing I've noted about these younger and more immature INTJs is that they will not voluntarily exit this introverted state, as often as not. Some are willing to learn and take advice, but others utterly reject advice like, "You actually need to get out more and meet people more and experience things more." They're scared shitless of the idea. So they just live in their internalized "reality" where they have some semblance of control, but not a lot of happiness.

I don't pretend I was any better. I pretty much had to get hit upside the head with a 2x4 by life to change those things I needed to change. The funny thing is that people who know me now cannot believe that I was that bad back then.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I pretty much had to get hit upside the head with a 2x4 by life to change those things I needed to change.

I imagine that this is pretty common for INTJs that make major changes in the direction you're describing. It probably takes some kind of overwhelming experience/evidence to show the INTJ that what they're doing isn't working (and more importantly, that it isn't going to work in the future). No INTJ wants to rebuild their foundation so in some cases we just have to get blindsided by reality.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your descriptions of immature INTJs is apt. Their reasoning is often insightful, even profound, but it is almost entirely introverted, so only bits and pieces of what we would call "the real world" slip in. Because the intake of data is so limited in such cases, and the INTJ has so little experience, he/she does the typical INTJ habit of "overthinking" everything, drawing entirely plausible connections that have only the slightest connections to reality.

As an older INTJ, the most remarkable thing I've noted about these younger and more immature INTJs is that they will not voluntarily exit this introverted state, as often as not. Some are willing to learn and take advice, but others utterly reject advice like, "You actually need to get out more and meet people more and experience things more." They're scared shitless of the idea. So they just live in their internalized "reality" where they have some semblance of control, but not a lot of happiness.

I don't pretend I was any better. I pretty much had to get hit upside the head with a 2x4 by life to change those things I needed to change. The funny thing is that people who know me now cannot believe that I was that bad back then.

Stubborn people. Thsee are the people that you take down a path that has a random wall and warn them there is a wall. Watch them deny as they run into it. Then watch them bitch and complain someone put a wall in a random place. It's just stupid and moronic to put a wall there.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People hate INTJs because INTJs think there subjectivity is objectivity. They are blind to the subjectivity which leaves nothing left but objectivity. Everything has subjectivity and objectivity. This blindness steers there actions and responses which either annoy the hell out of people or cause them to be hated.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People hate INTJs because INTJs think there subjectivity is objectivity. They are blind to the subjectivity which leaves nothing left but objectivity. Everything has subjectivity and objectivity.

There is subjective truth, and there is objective truth. Both are important. Truth exists, but everyone only sees a portion of it. The knowledge of others is limited by what they have witnessed.

Many of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our points of view.

Some people regard feelings as truth. Some people regard facts as truth. Some people regard logic as truth. Which one of these is correct?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All that snark and not enough spark.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is subjective truth, and there is objective truth. Both are important. Truth exists, but everyone only sees a portion of it. The knowledge of others is limited by what they have witnessed.

Many of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our points of view.

Some people regard feelings as truth. Some people regard facts as truth. Some people regard logic as truth. Which one of these is correct?

There is truth...it is a combination of subjective + objective

Logic is created to match truth, truth is not created to match logic. Truth is what is.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is truth...it is a combination of subjective + objective

Logic is created to match truth, truth is not created to match logic. Truth is what is.

Logic is useful for figuring out who is attempting to be truthful, and who doesn't give a damn. Logic is also useful for generating an internal understanding of systems and processes. And pretty much everything is a system, the way I see it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Logic is useful for figuring out who is attempting to be truthful, and who doesn't give a damn. Logic is also useful for generating an internal understanding of systems and processes. And pretty much everything is a system, the way I see it.

Logic is a tool, it can be used correctly or incorrectly. It is something that can be honed or flail willy nilly. You must have truth to use logic as it's based on true/false. In order to properly use logic you must have a solid set of truths and data to apply. You must also have an understanding of how thing work which is truth. It's a complicated spiderweb that takes into account point of view. Personal truth is not real truth, it's opinion and fits into that persons truth of who they are, were, etc and feeds into a time line of truths that add a fourth direction. Lies can be intentional or not, you must know the person though before you deem it intentional or not. It's actually all very complicated. Logic does not act on results either it is nothing other then paths.

I love playing with people's truths. It opens their eyes to a bigger truth.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Note: they absolutely were. Maybe you aren't an INTJ. Crazy idea, I know.

I thought about that before. Multiple times. Times more than you ever would, 'cause you don't know me. If I could switch my type to adjust to any situation I would, but that would make me a non-human entity. And I don't think you have the place to turn it around on me, because you'd rather do that than think over your ill-conceived assumptions. Toodle-loo:bye:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought about that before. Multiple times. Times more than you ever would, 'cause you don't know me. If I could switch my type to adjust to any situation I would, but that would make me a non-human entity. And I don't think you have the place to turn it around on me, because you'd rather do that than think over your ill-conceived assumptions. Toodle-loo:bye:

But what if that's an intj trait?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
But what if that's an intj trait?

I am not sure what you're implying here. Do you mean to say that being non-human is an INTJ trait? Or that adjusting oneself to every situation is an INTJ trait? Or that incessant self-questioning is INTJ trait? Lemme know what's up.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not sure what you're implying here. Do you mean to say that being non-human is an INTJ trait? Or that adjusting oneself to every situation is an INTJ trait? Or that incessant self-questioning is INTJ trait? Lemme know what's up.

Actually the later 2, self questioning the most. INTJs from what I see is very much human, they are far from robots, even when it comes to emotions. The mature and older ones I know can adapt to situations easily. Younger immature ones more fight situations and thats how they adapt, they adapt in negative ways.