• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But see, aren't those ENTP characteristics too? Maybe not coming off as cold, but certainly as unattached (and yeah, ENTPs can be annoying as well).

I suppose it's a little harder for me to see the INTJ "flaws," perhaps cuz many are my own.

Oh, btw, INTJs totally drool on themselves when they sleep.

Um, I think some are, but they are exaggerated in the INTJ, but all NT's do have these problems to some degree, well, according to theory.

But yeah, it's a fairly rare group of problems I find...

And we do not! Well... I don't think so... *covers puddle of drool with sheet*

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, btw, INTJs totally drool on themselves when they sleep.
.......I cannot deny this.

I've also been told that I look dead when I'm asleep, because I don't move at all.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/16382.html" target="_blank">Ene</a> -- thank you!
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/9310.html" target="_blank">uumlau</a> -- I *saw* you thank that post. Would you be willing to do the same thing for a beginning dance move? Say, the first couple of steps in a waltz?

Heh. There is so much more to dancing than the steps, and each dance has its own frame, its own structure, independent of rhythm and music.

So let's start with a simple frame.
^^^ This is 90% of dancing. Other dances have different frames, but without the frame you're just going through the motions, following recipes, not dancing.

A simple step in waltz looks like this:

There's a reason I'm posting videos is that you can't actually teach dance moves with words. The steps aren't enough. Even pictures and videos aren't enough. Only by doing it and practicing it do you actually learn anything. It's kind of like driving. It doesn't matter whether you learn all the rules of the road and how the controls of the car work, you have to get the FEEL of the controls, and an instinctive understanding of the rules. Because when things happen, you have to react quickly, without thinking. If you spend time thinking, you will not do what you need to do in time.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Um, I think some are, but they are exaggerated in the INTJ, but all NT's do have these problems to some degree, well, according to theory.

But yeah, it's a fairly rare group of problems I find...

And we do not! Well... I don't think so... *covers puddle of drool with sheet*

You dirty bird.

I mean basically, you're all anal assholes :D

wolfy

awsm
Our gang sign would be a single raised eyebrow.

That is The Rock's sign... whose signature line is "can you smell what The Rock is cooking" which reminded me of Walter White, who is typed as intj... so maybe you are right

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think, in addition to the emotional coldness of many INTJs, one of the major issues people have with us is the arrogance. Or rather, perceived arrogance. I don't set out to be arrogant, but people often see me that way. I'm confident, and I speak with authority... otherwise I don't speak at all. But that's not the same as arrogance.

I think people often confuse confidence with arrogance. Arrogance means being condescending, putting others down, and acting like you have an answer for everything, even when you don't. Confidence is being sure of what you know -- and what you don't know. A confident person knows his limitations, and isn't too proud to admit when he's wrong.

I don't doubt that some INTJs are arrogant. Any type can be. But I think it's more likely that INTJs simply present a frank, direct, self-assured air that many people perceive as arrogance.

I think the arrogance really depends mostly on how developed INTJs Fi is. I mean the inner realm of INTJ is NiFi, extraverted functions really just work to support what ever intuitions and feelings INTJ has and undeveloped Fi is not consciously controlled and therefore it can make INTJ to really follow what he is feeling(which in these cases are like feelings of a 5 year old) and just using Te and Se to gain support to NF and using them as ways to rationalize stuff(find at least somehow logical/factual evidence to make up a logic that would support the intuition and feeling and then convince self that it was logical all along, even tho there really is just some loose pseudo logic). This is what blinds some INTJs from seeing that they are being arrogant, because they blind themselves from the true origin and then just try to find some justification for what they think or feel.

Also i dont believe in this emotional coldness of INTJs, in fact it couldnt be further from the truth, its just that IXTXs usually hide their feelings from others. Also because F of INTJ is introverted and tert, its quite common to see INTJs who havent developed their Fi, which makes them quite self-centered(and childlike) in their Feeling department and are usually not very empathetic(except some strong bursts of empathy here and there).

So the bottom line is that INTJs are more prone to becoming self-centered arrogant pricks easier than ESFJ for example unless they are raised with care or until they develop their feeling side more, learn from life and pull their heads from theyr butts.

Kevin A.S.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't hate INTJ. I know very well about INTJ personality, what is their tendency and the reason behind it. Therefore i can accept their behaviour.

I don't say that there are many people who hate INTJ. But if there is a person who hate INTJ. It maybe because one of these reasons :

- INTJ have bold personality. They do what they want to do if they think it can be truly happen. I mean, you know INTJ is stubborn.
- Some of INTJ have high temperament.
- They seen like they don't want to take the role of the other's people (who doesn't related to INTJ) problem.
- Sometime INTJ impose other people to doing something, whereas that person doesn't have sufficient capability to do what INTJ command.
- They maybe look crazy or a little weird.

Well, that's all of my perceptions about why INTJ being hated CMIIW. What make me can accepting that all INTJ behaviours is because of these reasons :

- I know you maybe look like crazy people but it because you are higher than normal, that's why other people difficult to understand you.
- Sometimes INTJ impose other person because they forget that the other people doesn't have high ability as INTJ.
- You don't have affection because you don't want your emotion will bother you to reach your goal. This is classic statement, but i see some of INTJ rarely the role of the other because they have a principle like this "you must solve your problem by yourself so you can growing". Therefore INTJ don't like to interfere other people's problem, otherwise INTJ don't like other people disturb their problem too.

Nicodemus

[...] the fact that ideas exist outside of our thought space, which is verifiable by the very fact that any invention before conception is invented in at least half a dozen other places on the planet, I often times mentally mind blast the other person with a slew of words and facts beyond the horizon of their mind-space, for lack of better word.
What do you mean by 'exist'? Similar organisms with similar needs and desires in similar environments tend to do similar things. That proves absolutely nothing about ideas, except that they originate in thinking organisms.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What do you mean by 'exist'? Similar organisms with similar needs and desires in similar environments tend to do similar things. That proves absolutely nothing about ideas, except that they originate in thinking organisms.

similar is arbitrary to the degree that subtle variations lead to extreme differences. I Guess it's a matter of definining and what not but is it really worth argueing?

The idea that there is a collective unconscious doesn't necessarily rely on a premise of a null space anyways...it could be the product of environment as you said, but that begs the question...

IF things are products or causality based in nature could causality not also have a symmetrical instance of synchronicity whereby events are acausal but do not necessarily violate causality?

That's all I'm saying about it g.

BTW you sound like you work in the sciences...or study them...do you?

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the arrogance really depends mostly on how developed INTJs Fi is. I mean the inner realm of INTJ is NiFi, extraverted functions really just work to support what ever intuitions and feelings INTJ has and undeveloped Fi is not consciously controlled and therefore it can make INTJ to really follow what he is feeling(which in these cases are like feelings of a 5 year old) and just using Te and Se to gain support to NF and using them as ways to rationalize stuff(find at least somehow logical/factual evidence to make up a logic that would support the intuition and feeling and then convince self that it was logical all along, even tho there really is just some loose pseudo logic). This is what blinds some INTJs from seeing that they are being arrogant, because they blind themselves from the true origin and then just try to find some justification for what they think or feel.

Also i dont believe in this emotional coldness of INTJs, in fact it couldnt be further from the truth, its just that IXTXs usually hide their feelings from others. Also because F of INTJ is introverted and tert, its quite common to see INTJs who havent developed their Fi, which makes them quite self-centered(and childlike) in their Feeling department and are usually not very empathetic(except some strong bursts of empathy here and there).

So the bottom line is that INTJs are more prone to becoming self-centered arrogant pricks easier than ESFJ for example unless they are raised with care or until they develop their feeling side more, learn from life and pull their heads from theyr butts.

wow. so damn accurate. immature INTJs can be so flippin irrational about very personal issues that touch their Fi... like anything to do with feminism and masculinity if they're a dude, for instance. they can be completely incapable of engaging different sides of a sensitive issue without losing their shyt

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wow. so damn accurate. immature INTJs can be so flippin irrational about very personal issues that touch their Fi... like anything to do with feminism and masculinity if they're a dude, for instance. they can be completely incapable of engaging different sides of a sensitive issue without losing their shyt
Really? I find I am usually more willing to examine various sides to such issues because I refuse to be deterred by whatever emotional baggage may surround them. There are no taboos. Either something makes sense in a factual or causal way, or does not. My ENTJ friend is the same way.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] Same here. If anything, I can be too detached and logical about things that other people consider to be "sensitive" or "taboo" issues, because I want to get all the facts before forming an opinion.

But lulabelle was talking about immature INTJs, who can often fall into the trap of their own personal logic, and refuse to consider any opinions which differ from their own.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But lulabelle was talking about immature INTJs, who can often fall into the trap of their own personal logic, and refuse to consider any opinions which differ from their own.
I thought that immaturity would manifest itself as a refusal to consider anything but the logical implications of an issue, even when emotional implications should be considered.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought that immaturity would manifest itself as a refusal to consider anything but the logical implications of an issue, even when emotional implications should be considered.
I've definitely observed that sort of behavior on an INTJ forum I used to frequent. But I also saw quite a few INTJs who were extremely emotional in their defense of impartial logic. Which seems paradoxical, contradictory, and downright crazy, but there you have it.

Honestly though, I think any type can be overly emotional, if they're poorly developed, including INTJs. It just takes different triggers to set them off.