• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

W

WhoCares

[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION], my parent is ENFP and she's super critical of me. Apparently I plan too much, consider too many options before making decisions and she is always giving me backhanded comments along the lines of 'whatever, you wont be successful'. Coming from someone known for making rash decisions that end horribly, its ironic. My big problem in life is that I apparently want everything to be perfect and it stops me taking action. My argument is at least I'm not blindly taking knee jerk actions that create huge messes.

We have nothing in common and its quite a toxic dynamic to be around.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I have just recently came to the conclusion that despite the fact that the INTJ might be a villainous creature in many ways. Like the great Satan, tests us and generally seems like a decent fellow if you read between the lines really. I don't really consider bad behavior or arrogance to be a building block of a evil person myself. Most of the times they are generally just sort of different, and blunt in their rejection of reality values.

The INFJ despite the tendency of people to view them as the glorified type, does have the general description of a largely being a moody, passive aggressive sort of person who will completely cut you off of your life if you do something to offend them. Despite their calm serene demeanor are generally filled with a sort of hatred against other people and a pretentiousness INTJ descriptors lack. A lot of "INFJs" who bought into that image only really use it to justify their own discontent with people.

Anna Jorovic

MBTI Type
INTP
They seem to be viewed as narcissistic elitists by many people of other types (or perhaps even by some within their own type), and I'm wondering how accurate these perceptions really may be, or why people actually develop them to begin with.

I usually like INTJs (when they aren't bossy), so I don't know.

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
To answer the OP, I would say that people take the verbal abuse personally.

W

WhoCares

To answer the OP, I would say that people take the verbal abuse personally.

Please qualify your statement. While I may not say things as tactfully as others an intention to abuse is rarely behind my communication. While other thinking types can come across as blunt, aloof or even rude at times I rarely if ever find them abusive towards me. The more feeling orientated types however, can be just awful and unpleasant to deal with as they appear to genuinely attempt wound others just because they can.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have just recently came to the conclusion that despite the fact that the INTJ might be a villainous creature in many ways. Like the great Satan, tests us and generally seems like a decent fellow if you read between the lines really. I don't really consider bad behavior or arrogance to be a building block of a evil person myself. Most of the times they are generally just sort of different, and blunt in their rejection of reality values.

I saw a good argument in favor of the Devil being an INTJ before below:

Milton's Satan is a total INTJ. Ne, ti, and fe would all point towards wanting to work with God's plan (in the context of the story). Ne would accept that God is in everything and there's no way to escape him, but Satan, as a ni user, rejects that and assumes that his ideas are independent of the external world (God) and, because he is a ni-dom, are superior to them (he wants to shut out inferior se). Ti would see the logic of God's plan; Satan, as a te user, wants to replace it with a "better" plan of his own (which springs from his dominant ni). He applies these ideas to the world (via rebellion) with great intransigence and determination. Honestly, what ENTP would proclaim "its better to reign in hell than serve in heaven" to a gathering of followers? Te is clear. So is fi; a fe user would submit to God's love and try to live in harmony with the external world. As a ni-fi user, Satan wants to remain intellectually and emotionally independent, which drives the story forwards. An ENTP would give God lip, but wouldn't rebel and declare that he would "raise my throne above the stars of God". That takes a certain J stubborness and pride, as well as a certain inferior se obliviousness to reality in favor of ni visions (or, if you prefer, delusions :laugh:).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I mean is name-calling.
What do you consider to be namecalling? Some things are obvious (jerk, jackass); but if your posts on a subject show to me that you don't understand it well at all and I say you are ignorant, is that namecalling? Uncomfortable truths require words for expression, and people who take all criticism personally often characterize any negative descriptor as namecalling. (I'm not saying you do this, just inquiring what your personal threshold is.)

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I don't know why people supposedly hate INTJs. My best friend (or one of my best friends) is an INTJ, and he's one of the greatest individuals I've had the pleasure of acquainting with. He's generally kind. But if a foolish twat so much as tries to steal one of his pencils, life temporarily becomes a living hell for him.

Debaser

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I don't know why people supposedly hate INTJs. My best friend (or one of my best friends) is an INTJ, and he's one of the greatest individuals I've had the pleasure of acquainting with. He's generally kind. But if a foolish twat so much as tries to steal one of his pencils, life temporarily becomes a living hell for him.

That would be why.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Life becomes hell for whom - the INTJ, or the pencil thief?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've probably already responded to this thread, but I like every INTJ I've met that I can think of and this includes people who were really brash and offensive on this site. One of the worst offenders was one of my closest friends. For some reason it seems easy to communicate, even if there are misunderstandings initially.

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I would consider this to be name calling:
  • Moron
  • Dumbass
  • Stupid
  • Idiot

Calling people stupid, whether or not it seems true, serves no function other than to hurt people.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've probably already responded to this thread, but I like every INTJ I've met that I can think of and this includes people who were really brash and offensive on this site. One of the worst offenders was one of my closest friends. For some reason it seems easy to communicate, even if there are misunderstandings initially.

Yeah, our INFJ cousins just need to spend a few moments with us to realize that we actually are being reasonable and thoughtful. It works due to the shared Ni, which appears to even help interpret the Te/Fe crosstalk.

I've noticed, however, that this easy communication is much more difficult online, as the INFJ can't read the INTJ as accurately, and thus poor word choice can result in some unintended values conflicts.

zulidadwi

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have 3 friends whose INTJ at my place.
They are all unique but many people doesn't like them, I just don't get it. I think they are the greatest individual I've ever met.

W

WhoCares

I have 3 friends whose INTJ at my place.
They are all unique but many people doesn't like them, I just don't get it. I think they are the greatest individual I've ever met.

That's because you are TJ. You can handle the lack of sugar coating.