• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most people concentrate on their actual strengths, and at worst simply ignore or avoid their weaknesses. Spinning them into strengths is predominantly done by INTJs, in my experience.
Ah, so it's what "most people" do that matters - wouldn't that imply that the real problem you have with INTJs is that they aren't like "most people"? Now, as for INTJs, why would they be spinning their weaknesses into strengths around you, hmm? Perhaps because you're doing to them what you're doing here, making broad accusations about their behavior?

Te when it suits you, Fi when it doesn't. The ol' battle between "there is only one way" and "we are all special snowflakes," Another INTJ staple.
You ignore those points for which you have no counter, and say things like this, and yet you accuse INTJs of "spinning"? Your angular momentum seems rather high at the moment. Hang on to your glasses: when I spin that fast my glasses often fly off of my face!

Carpe Adhominem! Bombs away!! (actually it was a 'for instance,' I have about a dozen INTJs whose behavior I've collated into my expressed opinion)
Ah, so because you have 12 datapoints, and not merely one, we're supposed to take your analysis seriously? Never mind trust your overall synthesis of 12 different individuals, taking the negative traits of each, and plopping all those traits under the classification of "INTJ"? Really?!

You'd be much better off just quoting traits from here: http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

While not the most adept at validating their Ni hunches, they can validate the shit out of their desire to keep their heads in the sand, I'll give y'all that. ;)
You didn't read a word I wrote, did you? Now whose head is in the sand? I take the time out of my day to explain what makes INTJs tick, and you want to characterize it as a massive defense mechanism?

I've spent the last several years explaining to other INTJs (mostly online, especially younger ones) what makes them tick, to make all that is confusing about the world to them (us) make more sense. There is a huge disconnect between what INTJs see and most non-INTJs see, and there's hardly anyone that bothers to bridge the gap. The xNFPs try, but in the end they keep on trying to connect with the Fi and ignore the Ni. The INFJs get the Ni, but then judge INTJs in terms of Fe. And the other INTJs are often just as lost as oneself.

Bridging that gap is useful, because it fosters the corrections to all of those personality flaws that people describe in this thread. A young INTJ doesn't respond very well to all the various Si and Fe lessons that most other people want to teach, any more than most non-INTJs would respond well to the Ni/Te lessons that INTJs would provide. "The Four Agreements", which I linked to, is essentially an Fi manual. Step 1 in getting an INTJ out of his shell is providing a level of self-understanding in Fi terms.

Case in point.
No, not really. You're saying that INTJs claim that heads and tails are the same thing, I'm saying they're opposite sides of the same coin.

Depends on whether or not it's Te or Fi that's disagreeing. I was speaking to the Fi variety.
This is the kind of statement that makes it fairly clear that you don't understand INTJs as much as you think you do. Ni is disagreeing with you. Te and Fi are more responsible for the articulation of the disagreement. I know it's kind of odd, describing a perceiving function as doing something that one would normally ascribe to judging, but really, it's usually Ni synthesizing information, while Te expresses the logistical/practical aspects of the information and Fi expresses the values aspects of the information. Granted, the expression of the Fi side is often awkward, especially for young INTJs, but the understanding is based in Ni, not Fi.

In a similar vein, the stubbornness of INTJs is more due to Ni than Fi. It isn't the egotistical, butt-hurt Fi that is digging in its heels and refusing to budge. Rather, it's Ni, it's perceiving. If you see an apple, and you say it's an apple, and someone else disagrees and says it's an orange, are you going to think that you're being "stubborn" to say that it isn't an orange? No, you'll think the other person is blind, or just f-cking with you. Now, when dealing with more intangible things, Ni sees certain truths. Now, let's admit that they aren't necessarily true and correct truths in all contexts for all people, but they're seen, they're perceived. If someone comes along and simply asserts that the truths that Ni sees are not true, without offering any sort of credible explanation, it isn't Fi ego-butthurt that is disagreeing with the assertion, it's Ni perception.

Do you REALLY want to get an INTJ to acknowledge your point, especially when he's being "stubborn" about it? Rather than saying that his judgment is faulty, instead say that he's looking at a different problem than you are looking at. In other words, his judgment of what he sees with his Ni is perfectly fine, but his Ni observations may be way off base, or, more likely, just aimed at a similar-but-different problem.

Wouldn't hurt, but those attributes were primarily drawn from other INTJs, not him.
Oh, yeah, those eleven other data points.

One thing for you to double-check on is how much of these attributes are attributes of the INTJs themselves, vs attributes of your interactions with INTJs. E.g., if you have any INFJs in your life, with INTJ friends/acquaintances in common, compare how INFJs and INTJs are similar and dissimilar, and to what degree the INFJs perceive the same issues with INTJs that you do, and so on.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION]: I appreciate your need for universally true statements as an INTJ, but I'm not bound to such protocol. I don't actually dislike the type, everything negative I've said has been simply a rant targeting all of the negative patterns I've associated with some of them.

I hope that helps quell the fire some, because I don't have the singular-subject bender skills to get into a point by point, citation by citation, 10 year debate over it. One of the interesting distinctions I've noticed between ENFPs and INTJs, revolves around that tert function that's mostly on display in your response. INTJs, when pressed, seem to default to it-- which is where you get all the butthurt and indignant rage. ENFPs, despite being very familiar with Fi, also default to their tert function when pressed (Te), and therefore come across as much more detached from personal issues in question during heated debates.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a very concrete example, THIS is good advice for INTJs: The Four Agreements
I finally read this a few months ago, and cannot see why so many people recommend it. I found it repetitive, verbose, anecdotal, and difficult to know how to implement IRL.

The weaknesses actually are strengths. They just don't look like strengths to you at the moment, because they don't serve your ends and annoy you, to boot. That doesn't mean they aren't weaknesses, but rather that there are tradeoffs. I'm fairly good at math, physics, computers and so on. That's a strength. It also means I have a weakness: I can't use math, physics or computers as effective ice breakers with a pretty girl (or most anyone else, for that matter).
Oh, really? I'd say "try me", but I'm long taken, and won't claim to be especially pretty. Then again, perhaps it's only us plain janes who like math and computers and physics.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I finally read this a few months ago, and cannot see why so many people recommend it. I found it repetitive, verbose, anecdotal, and difficult to know how to implement IRL.

I won't say it's for everyone. It's main strength for Fi types is that it is more based on self-understanding than on any sort of one-size-fits-all social rules. That self-understanding is remarkably difficult to put into words. It doesn't fit in a list of bullet points. (Which is, I know, ironic, because, um, there is a list of four agreements, here ... but if you read closely, they all overlap, they're all manifestations of a single point/perspective.) It's more of a "look at the world like this, and try to develop this attitude" - which is what most "Fi lessons" sound like. It's about listening more than doing, understanding more than acting. All of the agreements require a degree of self-reflection when applied in real life. The Tao Te Ching is written in a similar vein, though with more of an "Ni-Fi" bent than just Fi.

Oh, really? I'd say "try me", but I'm long taken, and won't claim to be especially pretty. Then again, perhaps it's only us plain janes who like math and computers and physics.

Heh. Given the proportion of men to women in my physics classes in college and grad school, it isn't that they're not pretty, but that they're so very rare. Even you noted that you're already taken. :)

Jaguar

[MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION]

Stop the projecting, dude.

You brought up some great points, and I was really looking forward to where you were steerimg the conversation, but then you went completely off the rails with some totally unnecessary tangent that had almost nothing to do with what Amargith said, and everything to do with your own issues (it was the same drum you beat all the time [which isn't necessarily a bad drum, but was completely unnecessary and unwarranted in the circumstance, which should tell you something]).

Z, I don't give a shit what you were "looking forward to," and just once it would be great if you didn't post the predictable: "Stop projecting, dude" when you have nothing relevant to offer.
Get some new material and stop banging your own drum.

Why does every single thread have to become either a circle jerk or a mocking fest?

Will that ever end?

Same ol' nonsense. Good to see you back, Ras.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't it usually INTPs trying to deny that there's such a thing as reality, and claim that life is just a big simulation or something? :D

Universal consciousness is the computer that runs the game, fractal reality matrix is the game code, and we are the game characters. The matrix forms infinitely complex possibilities. The mind and its power to choose gives motion to it all and creates time, whether it's man's mind, God's mind, or whatever other mind may be.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh. Given the proportion of men to women in my physics classes in college and grad school, it isn't that they're not pretty, but that they're so very rare. Even you noted that you're already taken. :)
NOW I am, but for much of my academic career, I was not. I don't recall too many (iow any) guys in my classes showing much personal interest. Perhaps they really did prefer pretty girls with no interest in technical subjects . . .

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a huge disconnect between what INTJs see and most non-INTJs see, and there's hardly anyone that bothers to bridge the gap. The xNFPs try, but in the end they keep on trying to connect with the Fi and ignore the Ni. The INFJs get the Ni, but then judge INTJs in terms of Fe. And the other INTJs are often just as lost as oneself.

Bridging that gap is useful, because it fosters the corrections to all of those personality flaws that people describe in this thread. A young INTJ doesn't respond very well to all the various Si and Fe lessons that most other people want to teach, any more than most non-INTJs would respond well to the Ni/Te lessons that INTJs would provide. "The Four Agreements", which I linked to, is essentially an Fi manual. Step 1 in getting an INTJ out of his shell is providing a level of self-understanding in Fi terms.

Yep.

This is the kind of statement that makes it fairly clear that you don't understand INTJs as much as you think you do. Ni is disagreeing with you. Te and Fi are more responsible for the articulation of the disagreement. I know it's kind of odd, describing a perceiving function as doing something that one would normally ascribe to judging, but really, it's usually Ni synthesizing information, while Te expresses the logistical/practical aspects of the information and Fi expresses the values aspects of the information. Granted, the expression of the Fi side is often awkward, especially for young INTJs, but the understanding is based in Ni, not Fi.

In a similar vein, the stubbornness of INTJs is more due to Ni than Fi. It isn't the egotistical, butt-hurt Fi that is digging in its heels and refusing to budge. Rather, it's Ni, it's perceiving. If you see an apple, and you say it's an apple, and someone else disagrees and says it's an orange, are you going to think that you're being "stubborn" to say that it isn't an orange? No, you'll think the other person is blind, or just f-cking with you. Now, when dealing with more intangible things, Ni sees certain truths. Now, let's admit that they aren't necessarily true and correct truths in all contexts for all people, but they're seen, they're perceived. If someone comes along and simply asserts that the truths that Ni sees are not true, without offering any sort of credible explanation, it isn't Fi ego-butthurt that is disagreeing with the assertion, it's Ni perception.

Do you REALLY want to get an INTJ to acknowledge your point, especially when he's being "stubborn" about it? Rather than saying that his judgment is faulty, instead say that he's looking at a different problem than you are looking at. In other words, his judgment of what he sees with his Ni is perfectly fine, but his Ni observations may be way off base, or, more likely, just aimed at a similar-but-different problem.

These things are exactly right (all of it - not just the bolded parts). That's how it works. Thank you for articulating those points.

[MENTION=20035]anticlimatic[/MENTION] you really don't understand INTJs. You should listen to uumlau because he does. This thread is about how they are perceived however and your input is worthwhile from that standpoint. I'm sure you're not alone in your perceptions. I mean it is kind of a major point of the thread - that people don't like INTJs because they misunderstand them.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I won't say it's for everyone. It's main strength for Fi types is that it is more based on self-understanding than on any sort of one-size-fits-all social rules. That self-understanding is remarkably difficult to put into words. It doesn't fit in a list of bullet points. (Which is, I know, ironic, because, um, there is a list of four agreements, here ... but if you read closely, they all overlap, they're all manifestations of a single point/perspective.) It's more of a "look at the world like this, and try to develop this attitude" - which is what most "Fi lessons" sound like. It's about listening more than doing, understanding more than acting. All of the agreements require a degree of self-reflection when applied in real life. The Tao Te Ching is written in a similar vein, though with more of an "Ni-Fi" bent than just Fi.

"Without going out of doors one may know the whole world; without looking out of the window, one may see the Way of Heaven. The further one travels, the less one may know. Thus it is that without moving you shall know; without looking you shall see; without doing you shall achieve." ~ Lao Tzu

My best guess, from both your quote and this passage above, is that for INTJs, they have an internal system of resonance guiding their visions, and it may be a bit foggy, but perhaps that better preserves the pure essence of the original source.
Too much definition or absolutes imposed upon it may distort the true meanings. It seems that it's all just meant to be. And maybe our "higher self", more ancient than the body already knows these things, but it's in our subconscious, so when it speaks, you just get feelings.
I'm not sure that I agree completely with this ideology, but that's how I'm understanding it right now. I could be wrong in my interpretations, and if so, anyone can feel free to refine my presentations here.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20035]anticlimatic[/MENTION] This thread is about how they are perceived however and your input is worthwhile from that standpoint. I'm sure you're not alone in your perceptions. I mean it is kind of a major point of the thread - that people don't like INTJs because they misunderstand them.

"INTJ's think that because they are incapable of being affected by others, that others aught to be incapable of being affected by them."

Highlander do you relate at all to the this quote? ^

I'm wondering because I think that this is a valid point. Being that, I would think that this thinking makes it more difficult for others to get close to INTJ's. Therefore making others not likely to understand them.

So if an INTJ continues to think that other people think like them (i.e.: I'm not taking things personally and I don't expect others too) then that is really the INTJ's misunderstanding of others, which then in return makes others not understand them.

I guess I'm asking you and all other INTJ's because I seem to relate to that thinking. (If it's just me, then nvm about the whole thing I guess)

And fixing this issue would all be going on the premise that an INTJ has that type of energy to care about everyone. I know I don't, and I'm an extravert. :shock:

So I think there needs to be a mix between staying true to yourself (putting energy into oneself) and accepting others as they are (putting energy outside oneself.)

"Without going out of doors one may know the whole world; without looking out of the window, one may see the Way of Heaven. The further one travels, the less one may know. Thus it is that without moving you shall know; without looking you shall see; without doing you shall achieve." ~ Lao Tzu

My best guess, from both your quote and this passage above, is that for INTJs, they have an internal system of resonance guiding their visions, and it may be a bit foggy, but perhaps that better preserves the pure essence of the original source.
Too much definition or absolutes imposed upon it may distort the true meanings.
It seems that it's all just meant to be. And maybe our "higher self", more ancient than the body already knows these things, but it's in our subconscious, so when it speaks, you just get feelings.
I'm not sure that I agree completely with this ideology, but that's how I'm understanding it right now. I could be wrong in my interpretations, and if so, anyone can feel free to refine my presentations here.

I agree with the bold as relating to Ni. I think people with Ni try to preserve the pure essence of the original. :yes:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"INTJ's think that because they are incapable of being affected by others, that others aught to be incapable of being affected by them."

Highlander do you relate at all to the this quote? ^

I'm wondering because I think that this is a valid point. Being that, I would think that this thinking makes it more difficult for others to get close to INTJ's. Therefore making others not likely to understand them.

So if an INTJ continues to think that other people think like them (i.e.: I'm not taking things personally and I don't expect others too) then that is really the INTJ's misunderstanding of others, which then in return makes others not understand them.

I guess I'm asking you and all other INTJ's because I seem to relate to that thinking. (If it's just me, then nvm about the whole thing I guess)

On the first quote, I don't think I relate to it. Other people definitely affect me though it might be clear as to how. I think INTJs are harder to get to know though. Just look at my Norari negatives below - aloof, distant, etc.

On people thinking like me. I did use to think that way. I was shocked to find out just how different people do think when I discovered typology. It was a revelation.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On the first quote, I don't think I relate to it. Other people definitely affect me though it might be clear as to how. I think INTJs are harder to get to know though. Just look at my Norari negatives below - aloof, distant, etc.

On people thinking like me. I did use to think that way. I was shocked to find out just how different people do think when I discovered typology. It was a revelation.

w/r to the bold. That's what I mean. It's certain level of maturity. I think it can take longer and be a shocking road for an NTJ.

That's kinda what I mean. Without the proper tools an NTJ may never know that there are people that think differently then them. It's Te.

Similarly to how Fe says "Everyone just feels/acts out behavior according to feeling like this, it feels right according to the external world."

Te sorta says "Everyone just thinks/acts out behavior according to thinking like this, it makes sense according to the external world."

I think that once Te finds out that people are all truly different it can allow room for Fi to do it's thing. :)

And yea, introverts in general are difficult to get to know. Most come off as distant to me. But I don't take that as a bad thing. They just don't have that kinda of energy for everyone.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Persona versus Personality

The need to act INTJ, as though being INTJ equates in some way to unique or important; those are earned traits. The persona obscures rather than illuminates; instead of individuals who happen to view the world through a similar spectrum, we instead have the kings of the internet. A collective whose foresight is legend, and whose intellect is incalculable, and who in no shape or form live life’s of quiet desperation. The act leads to a position where it is necessary to tear others down in order to maintain a pecking order, while simultaneously peacocking.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=20035]anticlimatic[/MENTION] you really don't understand INTJs. You should listen to uumlau because he does. This thread is about how they are perceived however and your input is worthwhile from that standpoint. I'm sure you're not alone in your perceptions. I mean it is kind of a major point of the thread - that people don't like INTJs because they misunderstand them.

With all due respect (and I mean this sincerely), no one really cares to make any strenuous effort towards understanding others...and believe me, in the case of trying to understand most INTJs, even if they tried it would be strenuous-- except, of course, for other INTJs-- and maybe ENFPs?-- who seem to delight in the interpersonal resarch. The only reason I bother is because I seem to attract INTJs (as peers) like flies for some crazy reason. You (and many others so far) imply that it's somehow other people's fault for not understanding the type. It's not. It is everyone's responsibility to make themselves, and their intentions, easily understood at face value. This (humility, transparency, vulnerability) is what generates likability, and this is exactly the thing that INTJs shun, probably more so than any other type. This is fine, so long as you understand that forgoing likeability is simply an intrinsic part of you, and a cross to bear-- not the fault of anyone else.

You know that people who are different from you can like you; the people in your inner circle, for instance-- but it's not for the reasons you think. They don't like you because they think it's an honor to 'be in the club.' They don't like you because they find your input, advice, and assistance invaluable. They like you because you let your guard down around them, and thus allow yourself to be liked on their terms. This can be extended to everyone, perhaps to slightly lesser degrees, and IMO should (which might just be Fe talking).

I understand INTJs very well, which is how I understand that the impression you're getting that I do not, is likely just a Fi-reaction to the negativity I have on display-- because, you know you, and you likely think quite highly of that individual-- so if someone does not, it must be a product of mere ignorance, amIright? ;)

Give me a thread that lets me sing their praises, and you'll be clapping me comrade on the back in no time...

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
With all due respect (and I mean this sincerely), no one really cares to make any strenuous effort towards understanding others...
Nope, most people don't try to understand others. However, if you're one of the more common types, it's remarkably easy to "understand others", except of course for that minority of weirdos that just don't fit in. The assumption that everyone else thinks like you is mostly true for the more common types. Or, at least, way more true than it is for INTJs (or INTPs for that matter!).

and believe me, in the case of trying to understand most INTJs, even if they tried it would be strenuous-- except, of course, for other INTJs-- and maybe ENFPs?-- who seem to delight in the interpersonal resarch.
Personally, I don't need other people to "understand me" or "understand INTJs" in general. I believe highlander is bringing up the point about your lack of understanding of INTJs is that while many of your observations are apt, there are key aspects to them that, in our eyes, are untrue or otherwise incomplete.

You (and many others so far) imply that it's somehow other people's fault for not understanding the type. It's not.
No, it isn't your fault for not understanding INTJs. But if you are making certain claims about INTJs, especially claims about INTJ motivations, it is entirely fair to call you out on those claims which are false. It isn't your fault that you don't understand quantum electrodynamics to the level of detail that I might understand it, but if you start talking about it, it is not inappropriate for me to point out your lack of understanding and help to clarify it.

It is everyone's responsibility to make themselves, and their intentions, easily understood at face value.
This is the essence of communication. Interestingly, it isn't even about "making oneself understood", but rather about listening. If you listen well, you make it much easier for others to listen to you. This listening is one of those "Fi lessons" that INTJs need to learn.

This (humility, transparency, vulnerability) is what generates likability, and this is exactly the thing that INTJs shun, probably more so than any other type.
Now THIS is a good assessment of INTJs in general. The only difference between us is the reasons why. You attribute such things to Fi, to the opposites of the virtues you cite, to pride. The part you miss is that it isn't pride, but blindness. It does indeed appear to be pride, to others, and I'm not saying that pride is only rarely a factor, but nearly always, it is that Ni sees XYZ, while everyone else is looking at ABC. The path, for the INTJ, to "likeability" as you put it, is not to do the opposite of what is implied by XYZ (which to you would be being more humble, transparent, and vulnerable), but instead rather to become aware of ABC.

For the most part, the frustration for INTJs is the constant attributing of "bad attitude" to what we normally do with Ni and Te, when really it's more a matter of becoming aware of Fi and Se, and accounting for those concerns in addition to our normal Ni and Te approaches.

I understand INTJs very well, which is how I understand that the impression you're getting that I do not, is likely just a Fi-reaction
No, it's not an "Fi reaction." It's Ni.

to the negativity I have on display
No, it's not the negativity, it's the lack of resonance with the truth.

I very much appreciate negative feedback, and I dislike having people agree with me when what I need to know is what I am missing, in what ways am I wrong. But there is a difference between informative negative feedback that explains what I need to fix, vs uninformative feedback that repeats canards and stereotypes that I've heard for decades, spent years evaluating, and eventually found the truth elsewhere. In short, it isn't that INTJs need to start being "more humble", but rather that INTJs need to understand where that humility comes from within themselves. A young eager INTJ taking your advice would start acting humble, but it would be just a mask; real humility comes from somewhere else, and the path to that place isn't "rejecting pride" per se, but understanding oneself.

-- because, you know you, and you likely think quite highly of that individual-- so if someone does not, it must be a product of mere ignorance, amIright? ;)
You aren't entirely wrong here, but it isn't so much how highly one thinks of oneself, but rather it is a comparison of the INTJ's self-knowledge vs the other person's knowledge and experiences.

Give me a thread that lets me sing their praises, and you'll be clapping me comrade on the back in no time...
Not really. One of the things that you seem to miss about INTJs is that just as we tend to ignore most others' insults and "helpful social advice", we also tend to ignore compliments.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With all due respect (and I mean this sincerely), no one really cares to make any strenuous effort towards understanding others...and believe me, in the case of trying to understand most INTJs, even if they tried it would be strenuous-- except, of course, for other INTJs-- and maybe ENFPs?-- who seem to delight in the interpersonal resarch. The only reason I bother is because I seem to attract INTJs (as peers) like flies for some crazy reason. You (and many others so far) imply that it's somehow other people's fault for not understanding the type. It's not. It is everyone's responsibility to make themselves, and their intentions, easily understood at face value. This (humility, transparency, vulnerability) is what generates likability, and this is exactly the thing that INTJs shun, probably more so than any other type. This is fine, so long as you understand that forgoing likeability is simply an intrinsic part of you, and a cross to bear-- not the fault of anyone else.

You know that people who are different from you can like you; the people in your inner circle, for instance-- but it's not for the reasons you think. They don't like you because they think it's an honor to 'be in the club.' They don't like you because they find your input, advice, and assistance invaluable. They like you because you let your guard down around them, and thus allow yourself to be liked on their terms. This can be extended to everyone, perhaps to slightly lesser degrees, and IMO should (which might just be Fe talking).

I understand INTJs very well, which is how I understand that the impression you're getting that I do not, is likely just a Fi-reaction to the negativity I have on display-- because, you know you, and you likely think quite highly of that individual-- so if someone does not, it must be a product of mere ignorance, amIright? ;)

If that doesn't sound like an Fe driven viewpoint, I don't know what does. Of course, it's a typology website and presumably the reason we're here is to understand people of different types? Never said it is someone else's fault if they don't understand us. Just stated a fact that they do. On the Fi thing, Uumlau said an insightful and precisely correct thing. He is trying to help you understand the inner workings of a person who thinks differently than you. You are coming across as not listening but perhaps that is an inaccurate perception.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If that doesn't sound like an Fe driven viewpoint, I don't know what does. Of course, it's a typology website and presumably the reason we're here is to understand people of different types? Never said it is someone else's fault if they don't understand us. Just stated a fact that they do. On the Fi thing, Uumlau said an insightful and precisely correct thing. He is trying to help you understand the inner workings of a person who thinks differently than you. You are coming across as not listening but perhaps that is an inaccurate perception.

Yeah I think Fe users have a hard time letting go of that fact. That their morals might be in question because they assume what they believe is right. I was hoping to find some statistics based on functions. But I only seem to get NT/SJ/NF/SP groupings, which doesn't help because those groups contains both Fe and Fi etc.

I believe once one can see the stats and look at it in more depth, one can then perhaps see why Ni, Fi is difficult to understand. My speculation is that it is not as common. But I have no proof, as of yet. I guess when I say, it is something that I feel, it is probably Ni.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^^ ^^^ I dealt with this guy in four lines, but someone , as yet unnamed, decided to delete it, and not say a word about it, even when asked.

That's a whole lot of wasted breath for:

1) clearly you're only describing shitty people, shitty aspects of people, or your shitty interpretations of people, who (might) happen to be INTJ (albeit in a rather funny, and even partially accurate kinda way)

and

2) most everything you're saying here is clearly derived from little more than your own shadow SFJ judgments, and is thus not even close to objective (hence partial)

But hey, if you want to unnecessarily delete a non-hostile post, under the inaccurate judgment that it is, in order to waste your breath, you're the mod.

:rolleyes: