• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But no one loves you back...so sad.

It'd be salt in his wounds were the quip not drawn from the deep, sweet spring of your own experience.

And, yes, [MENTION=5837]93JC[/MENTION] the correct answer was cows, because it is always cows. :cry:

93JC

And, yes, [MENTION=5837]93JC[/MENTION] the correct answer was cows, because it is always cows. :cry:

Look at this cow.

Ns4K6qb.jpg

LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT HOW FUCKING FLUFFY THAT COW IS.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But you can articulate that into something that's sort of graspable by someone else. It's a little "out there" maybe, but if I pause for a moment, I can see how it works. I just have to use a different lens. I think the ability to do this is dependent on how comfortable/skilled a Ni dom is with their Thinking function, whether it's introverted or extraverted. INFJs have a Thinking function too.

But yes, some Ni doms seem equally incomprehensible to me that way, but the interesting thing to me is that they tend to be INTJs, not INFJs. Perhaps as an introverted function, the thinking function of an INFJ is easier to access.

So, INTJs I can't understand is maybe another evil of the world I blame on Introverted Feeling, like traffic jams, mosquitoes and peanut butter.

Well, immature or unhealthy Fi (so possibly Fi in tertiary form, where it is child like and overestimated) can come across as tyrranical, petty, meglomaniacal, self absorbed, et al.

I have probably said that already in this thread if it's old, but it is probably relevant to what you just said here, to some extent.

Maybe it's because my inferior feeling function happens to be Fi, but my attitude with respect to the self- expression of Ni doms is always something along the lines of if you don't get it, then maybe it ain't for you. I'm Ni enough my self to know that sometimes one is trying to convey something that is experienced beyond language. So is it more important to be true to conveying the notion as it is conceived, or to translate it such that it can be experienced to some degree by others, knowing some nuance will be lost? Ni is nothing if not holistic, and it can feel like betraying the fidelity of the concept itself to break it down for the great unwashed. I don't owe you that, and you can piece together the truth of my impression afer the fact if you must. That's the sense I get from the INTJs Ive been closest to at least, and I respect that steez. I'm differently motivated as a Te-dom, of course, but I appreciate that fact and am not gonna impose my way of doing things on someone out of principle. Again, the difference between inferior fi vs inferior fe.

Sometimes you just gotta let go and feel the music rather than cracking down on the fact that there are "too many notes".

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe it's because my inferior feeling function happens to be Fi, but my attitude with respect to the self- expression of Ni doms is always something along the lines of if you don't get it, then maybe it ain't for you. I'm Ni enough my self to know that sometimes one is trying to convey something that is experienced beyond language. So is it more important to be true to conveying the notion as it is conceived, or to translate it such that it can be experienced to some degree by others, knowing some nuance will be lost? Ni is nothing if not holistic, and it can feel like betraying the fidelity of the concept itself to break it down for the great unwashed. I don't owe you that, and you can piece together the truth of my impression afer the fact if you must. That's the sense I get from the INTJs Ive been closest to at least, and I respect that steez. I'm differently motivated as a Te-dom, of course, but I appreciate that fact and am not gonna impose my way of doing things on someone out of principle. Again, the difference between inferior fi vs inferior fe.

Sometimes you just gotta let go and feel the music rather than cracking down on the fact that there are "too many notes".

Hmmm? I am not sure why I was quoted. Not to be snappy, I am just confused. I personally have never complained about Ni meandering. Kalach is one of my favorite INTJs here because he says awesome things and refuses to explain.

I on the other hand am referring to displays of beligerent vocal arrogance (I know, I am one to talk, but there it is).

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm? I am not sure why I was quoted. Not to be snappy, I am just confused. I personally have never complained about Ni meandering. Kalach is one of my favorite INTJs here because he says awesome things and refuses to explain.

I on the other hand am referring to displays of beligerent vocal arrogance (I know, I am one to talk, but there it is).

Oh I sometimes quote people that are in the same conversation out of a sense of Te thoroughness lol.

I'm also happy you're back and want you to pay attention to meeeeee!!!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I sometimes quote people that are in the same conversation out of a sense of Te thoroughness lol.

I'm also happy you're back and want you to pay attention to meeeeee!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I am very happy to see you as well. You and your Te thouroughness!!!

A

Anew Leaf

I don't know why people would hate intJ's.

One of my best friends is an Intj and the only time I say I hate him is when he's inevitably right. And then I get that tiny smirk.

The things I do for love.

*pushes*

A

Anew Leaf

Look at this cow.

Ns4K6qb.jpg

LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT HOW FUCKING FLUFFY THAT COW IS.

The answer to the age old. Can I haz my cake and eat it too question has been solved!! I can haz cheeseburger anddddd wear new boots.

Huzzah! A $20 bill for the king!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you want an example of a highly convoluted and confusing INTP who uses way too much subjective thinking in mind-blowingly (in the bad way) detailed fashion, we need look no further than at um, well, [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION].

How do you know if im using my thinking in a good or bad way when you arent even able comprehend what i say properly?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Because if it has a bad rating, then it may suggust more radical/controversial opinions presented, which should interest people more accordingly.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you know if im using my thinking in a good or bad way when you arent even able comprehend what i say properly?

You actually bring up a negotiable point here - your thought content may indeed be fine, and I never said it's invalid. I just said that it's hard to understand.

Maybe I'm not smart enough for it, and/or you aren't walking the "elegant" ways of Einstein well enough to convey things in simple yet comprehensible terms.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Difference in perceived values. Obstacles in communication. There are probably many reasons why people might hate INTJ's.

Even though their reasons are most likely to be misconceived and not justified.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You actually bring up a negotiable point here - your thought content may indeed be fine, and I never said it's invalid. I just said that it's hard to understand.

Maybe I'm not smart enough for it, and/or you aren't walking the "elegant" ways of Einstein well enough to convey things in simple yet comprehensible terms.

I think that some(more interesting) things cannot be said simply. Or some it can and often if i say things too simplified, someone starts crying something cuz he misunderstood what i said. So i rather be understood by few who can comprehend things in a way that im interested about them. Also sometimes i tend to ramble about some funny details that are somehow connected to what im talking about, after that ill have too much stuff to write about, so i need to write all the stuff down more efficiently and will end up with semi long text that has a lot of stuff in it, that apparently is a bit hard to understand by some. Not to mention that im sometimes stoned or drunk :D

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] playing devils advocate does not usually turn out very well unless irl.
I have rarely been disappointed in the results, online or IRL. I won't presume to speak for my conversation partners, though.

Besides playing devils advocate, what if you simply dont agree or cant agree with what's being discussed? Do you just shut the fuck up? Is that giving whoever is having their say a realistic view of life? How do you think they're going to deal or handle it when they eventually come up against someone who doesnt agree with them? And what social implications run from that?
This is another reason why you should just take my statements in a discussion at face value. Whether or not I really agree with the perspective I am defending, you should just address my arguments for what they are. If you think I'm playing devil's advocate or just yanking your chain, you can challenge me on this. Depending on the circumstances, I will either give you a candid and serious answer, or deflect the challenge in a way that leaves you none the wiser unless you know me well, and perhaps even supports the effect I am trying to create.