• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Would you welcome the same treatment?

Don't ask him for rationality. It's against his ethos, which is strangely malleable based on whom he is trying to discredit.
This would be a weakness in any other type, but not for the INTJ, who will do whatever is necessary to always 'win'*, no matter how trivial the argument. And this is why they seem like silly children.
(This is the point where Z goes over his CV and IQ, for those who slept through the last 300 iterations)
*lol

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
because you use it more or because you have more dots to connect? obviously based on what's being gathered the answer can be both as much as either one - but as i said, there's reason to think it might the later (evidence that Ni dom children do not get better at problem solving through traditional practice), and the reason this distinction is important to the discussion (with [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION]) is because while making connections between those dots is Ni, the accumulation of those dot's in the first place might not be - at least going by Jung, the accumulation and attention towards self-evident and factual knowledge is largely attributed to Se.
The accumulation of dots happens just by living. It is how we use and attend to them that distinguishes us one from another. Of course traditional practice won't improve Ni. Such practice techniques are geared to the functions used by the majority of the population. Ni improves instead simply as those dots accumulate, because operating on increasing number and variety of dots is what exercises it, much as other methods exercise other functions and abilities. Everyone has Ni somewhere in their stacking, but those for whom it is not a strong preference don't bother to pay attention to what Ni might be able to do with those dots. They ignore it for the more traditional methods of learning, and rely on other perception functions.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because they are normally assholes and due to there nature they have this...this is the way things are and I am right...nature. some will learn humility while others will get stuck in here own righteousness. I have an intj dad and I don't know him when he was younger, but most of his righteousness is gone and he is a very down to earth person, not very many people hate him, and we get along very good. He can be an ass at times, but not enough to even come close to calling him an asshole.

Each intj has there own level of asshole. Not all are, but a majority I would say fall under the asshole category.

G

Ginkgo

Because people like to think that reticence and disagreeableness are AFFRONTS TO THE CREATOR.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For example...since kalach is in this thread. Kalach doesn't come across as an asshole intj, yet other intjs do. Mostly the younger male ones.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
People don't dislike INTJs.

They might be intimaidated by us initially.

But eventually they come to love us.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like INTJs well enough. There is a rather big range of behaviors and thinking amongst people who put that as their type. Some have the Ni detachment and analytical approach to life that I'm familiar with, so I especially like those INTJs. There are some that are unusually socially aggressive online, and that seems like a different category. I read mostly Te and Fi in those posters. They have a strong personal point of reference and aggressively express it. Sometimes that can be funny, and why not have people like that. I don't personally connect, but I also don't reject it. Interestingly enough, INTJs can also be some of the most polite types. I sometimes wonder if the really aggressive ones are ENTJs because they don't always show that much Ni.

I've also known INTJs who have an elaborate sense of humor that has a technical aspect to it. Like there is some wiki-joke site that parodies wikipedia that some INTJs I know are involved with.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
For example...since kalach is in this thread. Kalach doesn't come across as an asshole intj, yet other intjs do. Mostly the younger male ones.

So far none of the INTJs in this thread come across as assholes to me. It's actually kind of eerie....

:huh:

They might be intimaidated by us initially.

People hate INTJs because they know they want it. They want it bad.

INTJs are house cats. So many delusions of viciousness, perceived envy from others, and predatory superiority....

...yet so adorable! :puppy_dog_eyes: Awwwww!

Jaguar

So far none of the INTJs in this thread come across as assholes to me. It's actually kind of eerie....

Over the years, it's only a handful who have been extreme assholes/lunatics. And they don't post here, anymore. Some were banned, the others just left.

I

Infinite Bubble

People don't hate INTJs, just the negative traits that are wrongly attributed to them.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But the trick of the process that does it is explanatory richness. So let us move away from this "dots" notion. Dots are for amateurs and Ne users. The trick of Ni is both the appearance and what lies beneath. To make up a better story of what explains an appearance you need an abstraction from every dot you've ever seen and an ability to weigh relevance, or to create it. That relevance criterion is where evidence and the meaning of experience comes in, because you're explaining an appearance
The dots are just fodder, the raw materials. The important and distinguishing part is what Ni does with them. Other people preferring other functions will try to link dots in different ways, not all of which make sense or are useful. This accounts for many of those textbooks and novels.

People hate INTJs because we're the nice stable pleasant bad boys. We are the Back Street Boys of typology. ISTPs get tattoos. We get legitimate bankroll. Or some of us do, anyway.
Some of us aren't even boys.

INTJs are house cats. So many delusions of viciousness, perceived envy from others, and predatory superiority....

...yet so adorable! :puppy_dog_eyes: Awwwww!
Either you are joking, or you are really an ENFP in disguise.

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Honestly, I' d like to hear an answer to this as well.
If you hate us because we' re not bubbly, fluffy and short - sighted, you should know we don' t really like the personality you prefer either.
If you hate us because you consider us cheaters, there is difference between resourcefulness and cheating.
If you hate us because we' re rational and not feely, I see nothing wrong about rationality, even otherwise, it helps me to make a wise decicion instead of a rash one.
If you hate us because we are determined and do not exchange our goals for sentiments, look at yourself: you' re ready to throw out something you dreamed about for a long time just because your sentiments take over and then blame it on destiny( which I don' t believe in, I only believe in circumstances and that they must be fought in order to achieve something) , you just don' t have guts to get a grip of yourself, and even your sentiments and feelings are not permanent( because if I dream of something, I won' t stop dreaming about it until I achieve it, I put all my efforts, brain and skills into it, I do not fear challenges and obstacles, and if the goal requires it, I will go on even if the chances are close to zero) .
If you hate us because we' re cold and heartless, you' re so deepy wrong about this. I may not show it, and I might seem emotionless or socially awkward, but I do have a heart and I can feel as much as any other person. it' s more about the way I feel. I' m not feeling dominant, so I may not use feeling for information perceptions, but when I feel, it' s either nothing or an emotional volcano, there is no between. My mind is rarely overriden by emotions, and I do not spend my feeling energy on the small things, but on the big ones. I don' t care how tasteless your dress/ hairstyle/ make up is, but if I see you as a corrupt, greedy and empty b*tch, inside I will be disgusted by you more than by the ugliest person in the world. I don' t care about what you wear, your strange habits, other things society considers weird, it' s more your mind and your soul that I care about.
If you hate us just because we have an unusual morality and don' t live up to the society' s standards, excuse me, but these standards were made up by people as imperfect and incorrect as I am, so why should I live up to them when I can make my own? And who in general is to set the right and wrong? I have my own morality, and I will accept yours as long as you accept mine.
I' ve also seen INTPs getting a similar kind of hate when I was browsing the INTP forums( since I typed myself wrong and thought of myself as of an INTP for a long time) , but it' s slightly different. I guess all NTs get that to some extent in an xSFx - dominated world.

Jaguar

Because at first glance, INTJs tend to be stand-offish and give off a sense of superiority behind their Te-walls.

That's not how I would describe a video of Provoker. He had a Darth Vader helmet over his head while talking about INTJs. It's not exactly an image one forgets. (But it was good for a few laughs.)

S

Society

Yo homie, how dare you bring truth to the table!!! :nono: (j/k)

This is kinda actually exciting, that they were able to use typology in a practical and tangible way.

it is, but i don't think dario nardi's work has sowballed yet to the point of a wide spread scrutiny and crique within the scientific community. we'll have to wait and see to what extents the experiments are replicable, and under what leeway (which is always a problem with studies involving humans).

Ni improves instead simply as those dots accumulate, because operating on increasing number and variety of dots is what exercises it, much as other methods exercise other functions and abilities.
that's pretty close to what i am saying (sort of - though no nitpicking is required of yet).

but this:
The accumulation of dots happens just by living.
not quite - the accumulation of dots happens through the mental registration of those dots (Se).

you see where i am going with this?

Introverted process, yo. Creating the narrative that connects the dots proceeds separated from any given discrete dot. The dots such as they are don't always provide the information about what's in between the dots, but it's exactly those in-betweens that are subject to and get developed by Ni.

WE JUST MAKE IT ALL UP!!! Well, some of it, anyway.

so once there's a line between two dots - a 3rd one can be created anywhere along it for further connections from which to draw another connection to another dot.

i believe this is what superunknown was addressing earlier - am i missing on the the sort of INTJish "it's funny because in a way it's kind of true but not quite but also it actually is" half-sarcasm?

The dots are just fodder, the raw materials. The important and distinguishing part is what Ni does with them. Other people preferring other functions will try to link dots in different ways, not all of which make sense or are useful. This accounts for many of those textbooks and novels.

that's.. interesting.
1. you interpret other functions as failed attempts at Ni?
2. you attribute Ni failures to those functions?

Dots are for amateurs and Ne users.
Ne doesn't give a shit about the dots - our toys are the silhouettes.

btw - in regards to the OP - i have known far more INTJs that have earned my respect a dozen times over then INTJs i disliked... actually probably only one or two of the later.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's not how I would describe a video of Provoker. He had a Darth Vader helmet over his head while talking about INTJs. It's not exactly an image one forgets. (But it was good for a few laughs.)

Never did see it, but that mustve been fun :laugh:

It's just what I've observed when I meet them in the wild. I have to admit that they get especially this way when introduced to a new group (vs one person) where they don't know anyone and it's a social ambiance; not a business-like one. I find that they are more at ease than me when it involves professional interaction whereas I'm a lot more comfortable with a casual, social thing, which is where they seem to freeze up more :shrug:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this your idea of an INTJ introducing himself to a new group?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/welcomes-introductions/24382-introduction.html

:shock: Omg, he mustve been high on Se that day :rofl1:

Mine only gets that way after he's had a bit to drink. I think the level of introversion probably also plays a part, as I believe Z even typed as an ENTJ for a while :smile:

And yeah, I'm not talking about the internet where INTs feel like fish in water; I'm talking about the great outdoors, kitty :alttongue:

Jaguar

:shock: Omg, he mustve been high on Se that day :rofl1:

Mine only gets that way after he's had a bit to drink. I think the level of introversion probably also plays a part, as I believe Z even typed as an ENTJ for a while :smile:

And yeah, I'm not talking about the internet where INTs feel like fish in water; I'm talking about the great outdoors, kitty :alttongue:

He just turned 30. It's a belated hazing. ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because everyone loves Thomas Edison and everyone hates Nikola Tesla.