User Tag List

Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1035

Thread: Why do people hate INTJs?

  1. #971
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And this is how Ji types learn they can sell a Je type anything with good enough rationalization(s), and based on subjectivity paraded as objectivity. It took time for me to learn that Je types wanted an explanation rather than a justification, and that there's an expectation of negotiation further involved to see what idea proves more objectively sound. Since Ji can more clearly see the long-term ramifications of any particular decision, I can see with a high level of probability what I need to say to convince you of a short-term outcome. Sometimes the answers can even be (imo) plain stupid.

    In the case of the coffee pot, an answer to that question should simply be another question: "Why does it matter where the coffee pot is?" This question would address the underlying assumptions to the initial questioning on why it has been placed where it has been placed. Because honestly -- and I get that sometimes a question is just a question framed purely for the purposes of understanding -- 90% of the time it's not. So why pretend that it is? The audience to the question has the capability to extrapolate beyond the question and see a gradation of judgement in that. I can read that there's more to the question than the purpose of understanding, so this is why it is grating. And, who cares if the coffee pot is now located 90cm to the left of where it usually is? (Trust me, I know who cares; it's a rhetorical question more than anything.) Other types do not think in a "This is the best way for this" format. They won't enter into negotiation because they're not wired to do think that way.




    Well, probably this is better stated, "She would not have asked if she knew with certainty." It's obsequious to say that there weren't possibilities raised that were already on her mind; it's not flat-out devoid of judgement. I agree it's better to ask the question in this circumstance since as a human matter there are far more variables and moving parts involved, and text communications alone can be fraught with misunderstandings.

    But in the case of the coffee pot? I realize controlling the outer environment brings Je an inner peace. But it's not all about the Je person.
    What is so negative about asking such a thing? For me personally, I ultimately just want to know to understand to see if an overall objective was accomplished.

    "Why did you move that coffee pot over there?" usually means for me that:

    1. I noticed a change in routine... Is it a one-time thing? Do you want to change it for the long term? Have I been putting it in the wrong place all along? Should I rearrange my objective to make things more efficient?

    2. Trying to figure out what the other person wants to do.

    3. Double-checking the process/confirming that we are on the same page... when I don't, it often leads to miscommunication and causes major issues down the road.

    Your interpretation of Je motivation seems a bit foreign to me and I have had my share of interactions with IXFPs.
    Likes Hard, SearchingforPeace, geedoenfj liked this post

  2. #972
    breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    5,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And this is how Ji types learn they can sell a Je type anything with good enough rationalization(s), and based on subjectivity paraded as objectivity. It took time for me to learn that Je types wanted an explanation rather than a justification, and that there's an expectation of negotiation further involved to see what idea proves more objectively sound. Since Ji can more clearly see the long-term ramifications of any particular decision, I can see with a high level of probability what I need to say to convince you of a short-term outcome. Sometimes the answers can even be (imo) plain stupid.
    I have seen you write the bolded part many times, but I have yet to see anything to justify this pretty bold assertion. I am not trying to argue it is not true. I would love to understand this idea better as I don't feel it.

    Seeing long term ramifications is something Ni does well. I am not saying that Ji can't do this.....

    Looking just at the other Ji type than yours, Ti doms and auxs don't seem to see ramifications of their logic very well, though they have laser focus logic. They often seem to be unaware of the long term consequences of their short term truths and so win battles and lose wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

  3. #973
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    You sound like an SJW. Generalizations by definition account for a minority factor otherwise they would be absolutes, but my interest is on the majority. When I shovel snow I don't consider the beauty of each snow flake, and I'm not going to buy the "rights" to be efficiently honest in one hand by coddling with the other.

    I'm not aware of too many things, but I know what I know if you know what I mean. And I know INTJs, inside and out. They don't appreciate coddling anyway, and I don't appreciate people trying to steamroll over the first amendment and censor things they don't like by trying to shoe horn it into "hate speech."
    To the bold: yes I know what you mean in a vacuum. It doesn't make it right or ok. And no, you do not know INTJ's inside and out. NO ONE does. I couldn't care less if INTJ's or any type don't "appreciate people trying to steam roll first amendement rights". First of all, there are no first amendement rights here. Period. Second, as I said previously, it's still wrong.

    This has nothing to do with politics, and it's unfair for you to bring in a political pariah label (and it's honestly the first time anyone has ever referred to me as such, so that's certainly new) into this. Besides, your reply to @PeaceBaby:

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    I'm not saying it isn't rational, just that it is fundamentally absent logic thanks to Fi, which deals explicitly in arbitrary binary yes/no value judgement affirmations that are completely subjective, based on feels, and have no place in the scientific method. Ti makes similar binary decisions which are also subjective, but they are based on isomorphisms: whether or not one cataloged thing is like another cataloged thing. The error there can be in cataloging the wrong thing, but the process is logically sound.
    Shows clearly (in particular the bolded lines) that you indeed ARE being unfair. Granted @Coriolis pointed out that the purpose of this thread was to vent frustrations. Sure, that's fine and well. Just because that's done though doesn't mean it's not hate speech. I can, and will, speak up and call people out if I see them spouting falsehoods or stereotypes that are harmful, or have shown to be harmful in the past. Given this forum has gone through A LOT of headache for years over people spreading and spouting falsehoods and unfair negative stereotypes about different MBTI types, and has demonstrated that it does cause harm, I am not in the wrong in the least for speaking up about this.

    If you want to vent frustrations and feelings, fine. You need to be CLEAR though on how you do it. If you want to spout hateful things about an ENTIRE group (which is flat wrong regardless of how it's spun), then you must make qualifiers saying you're only venting frustrations, or poor experiences, and that this doesn't apply to everyone. In the absence of that, you can't expect it to be left alone, or people (such as myself) to not speak up and defend it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

  4. #974
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    In the case of the coffee pot, an answer to that question should simply be another question: "Why does it matter where the coffee pot is?" This question would address the underlying assumptions to the initial questioning on why it has been placed where it has been placed. Because honestly -- and I get that sometimes a question is just a question framed purely for the purposes of understanding -- 90% of the time it's not. So why pretend that it is? The audience to the question has the capability to extrapolate beyond the question and see a gradation of judgement in that. I can read that there's more to the question than the purpose of understanding, so this is why it is grating. And, who cares if the coffee pot is now located 90cm to the left of where it usually is? (Trust me, I know who cares; it's a rhetorical question more than anything.) Other types do not think in a "This is the best way for this" format. They won't enter into negotiation because they're not wired to do think that way.
    See, if someone responds to me with the bolded, I will go from neutral to angry in milliseconds. I find it pretty impossible to keep my irritation in at this point. Because till my head, I will then explain why. If it ends there, no harm no foul I won't really care. Though it often doesn't and often I am met with a "but it still doesn't matter" or some other pointless nitpicked philosophical discussion. To which I often respond by taking it out of their hands, put it back, and them to not do it again, or I just walk away and make a note to avoid interactions with them in the future as much as possible. I can't stand it when people get philosophical in situations where it will lead to missing the point or be a complete waste of time. This is the lynchpin to nearly 90% of my problems I run into with Ti and Fi doms.

    It basically comes down to "this is how it is, deal with it" on my end. The reply is usually in the form of "but there is no objective reason for it". Yes, we MADE one. If you don't like it, then that's too darn bad. Unless you come up with a solid reason other than being annoyed with the fact that we created a purpose, then this is how it's going to be.

    If they protest to that then I will just lose my shit all together.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

  5. #975
    like snow, like gold Array magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    2,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    See, if someone responds to me with the bolded, I will go from neutral to angry in milliseconds. I find it pretty impossible to keep my irritation in at this point. Because till my head, I will then explain why. If it ends there, no harm no foul I won't really care. Though it often doesn't and often I am met with a "but it still doesn't matter" or some other pointless nitpicked philosophical discussion. To which I often respond by taking it out of their hands, put it back, and them to not do it again, or I just walk away and make a note to avoid interactions with them in the future as much as possible. I can't stand it when people get philosophical in situations where it will lead to missing the point or be a complete waste of time. This is the lynchpin to nearly 90% of my problems I run into with Ti and Fi doms.

    It basically comes down to "this is how it is, deal with it" on my end. The reply is usually in the form of "but there is no objective reason for it". Yes, we MADE one. If you don't like it, then that's too darn bad. Unless you come up with a solid reason other than being annoyed with the fact that we created a purpose, then this is how it's going to be.

    If they protest to that then I will just lose my shit all together.
    Who is "we"? You? Why can't you let people do what they want? Why does their explanation have to measure up to your values? Who are you to decide what another person does? Who are you to decide what a solid reason is? If you don't like what someone does, are you going to throw a tantrum? Why does it matter where the coffee pot is? Who judges your explanations? "This is how it is, deal with it" isn't an explanation either.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

  6. #976
    Senior Member Array anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    To the bold: yes I know what you mean in a vacuum. It doesn't make it right or ok. And no, you do not know INTJ's inside and out. NO ONE does. I couldn't care less if INTJ's or any type don't "appreciate people trying to steam roll first amendement rights". First of all, there are no first amendement rights here. Period. Second, as I said previously, it's still wrong.

    This has nothing to do with politics, and it's unfair for you to bring in a political pariah label (and it's honestly the first time anyone has ever referred to me as such, so that's certainly new) into this. Besides, your reply to @PeaceBaby:



    Shows clearly (in particular the bolded lines) that you indeed ARE being unfair. Granted @Coriolis pointed out that the purpose of this thread was to vent frustrations. Sure, that's fine and well. Just because that's done though doesn't mean it's not hate speech. I can, and will, speak up and call people out if I see them spouting falsehoods or stereotypes that are harmful, or have shown to be harmful in the past. Given this forum has gone through A LOT of headache for years over people spreading and spouting falsehoods and unfair negative stereotypes about different MBTI types, and has demonstrated that it does cause harm, I am not in the wrong in the least for speaking up about this.

    If you want to vent frustrations and feelings, fine. You need to be CLEAR though on how you do it. If you want to spout hateful things about an ENTIRE group (which is flat wrong regardless of how it's spun), then you must make qualifiers saying you're only venting frustrations, or poor experiences, and that this doesn't apply to everyone. In the absence of that, you can't expect it to be left alone, or people (such as myself) to not speak up and defend it.
    You're lucky I think ENFJs are cute.

    The qualifiers are implied, I'm not going to waste my time spelling them out. I take it you're not a fan of mathematics.

    Me: 4x2-5=3
    You: 4 (not to disparage 1, or 2, or 3, or...) times (not that it is better than minus just because it comes first in this instance, other times it can come later) 2 (again, not to disparage any other number or single out 2 all the time, just this once here) minus (not that minus is better than plus just because there is no plus in this equation) 5 EQUALS (pause for equality parade) three (not that the answer to every equation will be three, just this specific one).

  7. #977
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    You're lucky I think ENFJs are cute.

    The qualifiers are implied, I'm not going to waste my time spelling them out. I take it you're not a fan of mathematics.

    Me: 4x2-5=3
    You: 4 (not to disparage 1, or 2, or 3, or...) times (not that it is better than minus just because it comes first in this instance, other times it can come later) 2 (again, not to disparage any other number or single out 2 all the time, just this once here) minus (not that minus is better than plus just because there is no plus in this equation) 5 EQUALS (pause for equality parade) three (not that the answer to every equation will be three, just this specific one).
    This is nothing more than a belittling attempt under the guise of a non-sequtir. Which isn't even a good cover.

    You didn't address any of the content I stated in my post, merely danced around it. As such it still stands.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

  8. #978
    Senior Member Array anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    619

    Default Why do people hate INTJs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This is nothing more than a belittling attempt under the guise of a non-sequtir. Which isn't even a good cover.

    You didn't address any of the content I stated in my post, merely danced around it. As such it still stands.
    It was nothing more than an assassination on the form of your argument, because without form "content" just collapses into a puddle of indecipherable mush. Which is what I left you with.

    Enjoy your mush.

  9. #979
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    It was nothing more than an assassination on the form of your argument, because without form "content" just collapses into a puddle of indecipherable mush. Which is what I left you with.

    Enjoy your mush.
    If someone else understands the analogy/point you're trying to make, then I'll gladly hear it from them. It's clear you either can't, or don't want to explain. If no one else understands though, then you didn't mush anything.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

  10. #980
    Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,951

    Default

    Posters here argue about "Why people hate INTJs"? How cute.

Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why do people hate tradional thoughts and practices?
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 08:01 PM
  2. Why do people love to hate Kristen Stewart?
    By gromit in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  3. [INFP] Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM
  4. [INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?
    By RenaiReborn in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
  5. [INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?
    By Dominicus Griswold in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •