Thread: Why do people hate INTJs?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I often ask questions like this. I have never understood why some people interpret them as directions and not questions. For example, if I ask someone "why are you putting the coffee pot over there?" they will respond with, "OK - I can put it somewhere else". I didn't ask them to put it somewhere else. I just want to understand why they chose to put it where they did. A request for information is exactly that. I am perfectly able to say, "Could you please move the coffee pot over here?" if that is what I mean.
    It's because there are a great number of people who are incapable of being direct, and to them when they ask a question like this, it's also meaning "you shouldn't put it there". Some people assume this to be the case. Usually those people have authority problems in my experience (in the sense that they over-perceive where authority actually is, and respond poorly to all of it), or are very submissive/passive.

Then there are others (such as myself- and it's something I try to not do as often) will ask someone why they are putting it there, as to understand AND to point out it's not its proper place and likely worse if their answer is inadequet. Depending on their response, I'll either say "ok just wondering" or "uh you should put it back where it goes because x" (and if they don't I'll simply do it myself when they leave and take mental note of them).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Then there are others (such as myself- and it's something I try to not do as often) will ask someone why they are putting it there, as to understand AND to point out it's not its proper place and likely worse if their answer is inadequet. Depending on their response, I'll either say "ok just wondering" or "uh you should put it back where it goes because x" (and if they don't I'll simply do it myself when they leave and take mental note of them).
    Sometimes I do this, too. I usually have my own ideas about how best to do something. If I am working with others and someone else does it differently, I have learned to ask questions like this before trying to insist on my way. Often, the other person has a very good reason for doing it their way. Plus if I still think my way is better, I understand now what their reasoning is, and can take their concerns and motivations into account in asking for a change.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Hard, Ursa liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Young and/or immature Ni-doms have a tendency to overvalue their own ideas and understandings. See their strengths as innate and their flaws are the result of external factors mucking things up. Lends itself to an overwhelmingly close-minded and egocentric individual...at least until they start to recognize and accept the effect they have on their environment and, more importantly, the effect their environment has on them. Become tolerable, even likable, once they begin to cultivate interconnectedness instead of shutting down and pretending they're an island onto themselves.
    Likes Hard, FutureInProgress, Ursa liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

How they sometimes direct can come off as irritatingly condescending... kind of like "mansplaining" and then if you don't get it IMMEDIATELY, you can feel the annoyance from a mile away. Of course, only some, not all. Others are rather solid and seem like relatively nice folks.

Senior Member Array anticlimatic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

No matter how accurate and bright they wish they could be, their reasoning is always informed at bottom by Fi, which forever disqualifies them from sound logic. They put in the effort, I'll give them that...but it just makes the cancerous logic all the more aggressive, which is why they're so typically cast as the villain. Must be tough.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    No matter how accurate and bright they wish they could be, their reasoning is always informed at bottom by Fi, which forever disqualifies them from sound logic. They put in the effort, I'll give them that...but it just makes the cancerous logic all the more aggressive, which is why they're so typically cast as the villain. Must be tough.
    So this is just hate speech. Blanket statements and all that.
    Likes Belle of Kilronan liked this post

Senior Member Array anticlimatic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Why do people hate INTJs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    So this is just hate speech. Blanket statements and all that.
    You've got a funny definition of hate speech. And sure, blanket statements. I call them generalizations though.

I just think that it's incredibly ironic that out of all the types the ones most preoccupied with objective accuracy and cerebral self improvement are the ones least equipped to obtain it.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

You've got a funny definition of hate speech. And sure, blanket statements. I call them generalizations though.
    You are speaking ill of an entire group, without making any declarations or even implying that this doesn't apply to everyone. Further, you speak of an entire group in a very harsh light, when there is no personality grouping that even comes close to that level of dysfunction or harm (unless we're speaking of personality disorders, which we are not), you need to be very clear that it isn't everyone and further clear it only speaks to a very small group of individuals in your experiences.

So yes, it is hate speech, and your generalizations are not only wrong, but harmful and unwanted.
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Many less developed INTJs have an extremely disagreeable quality of making assumptions (Ni), which they state as truths, without basing them in enough facts or in personal experience (Se).

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

In actuality, no type can be purely logical. Humans, by their very nature, are highly subjective... we weren't built to be like Spock from Star Trek. But this an interesting caricature to say the least.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast