User Tag List

Page 88 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate INTJs?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

I suspect that there are a multitude of reasons why INTJs are treated negatively. For example, INTJs are a bit of an Internet meme at this point, which consequently means that their portrait to the uneducated is of the exemplary traits hyperbolized, often in a negative light. Those who lack skepticism, or just don't care to know better, will hold this stereotypical image in their mind and will judge INTJs with it. Also, it's easier to judge people by their affiliated group than by their merit, so those who, again, don't care to learn about the type or just want to get someone's knickers in a twist will go on making ungrounded assumptions and accusations. This general hate is through emotional thinking that lacks any maturity or rationale.

That's one reason I could think up of, anyways. There's also people scapegoating, being too lazy to analyze someone individually ("This person must be an INTJ, that's how they all act!"), etc, etc. Not very respectable actions in my eyes, and clearly not in other's either.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Felix5 View Post
    No. INTJs, like ISTJs, are extremely passive people.

Funny.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ None

What's funny about it?

If you were to interact with INTJs in real life, you'd likely have no clue what they were thinking on the inside. INTJs wear a poker face, much like ISTJs.

It's only when you start getting to know INTJs that you see another side to them. I think I'll call it pathos. I think aggression is too strong of a word and not entirely accurate.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What's funny about it?

If you were to interact with INTJs in real life, you'd likely have no clue what they were thinking on the inside. INTJs wear a poker face, much like ISTJs.
    You are confusing being private with being passive. INTJs activeness is seen in our actions much moreso than in our words.
    A cry of defiance, and not of fear,
    A voice in the darkness, a knock at the door, and a word that shall echo for evermore!
    For, borne on the night-wind of the Past, through all our history, to the last,
    In the hour of darkness and peril and need, the people will waken and listen to hear

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

What's funny about it?

It's only when you start getting to know INTJs that you see another side to them. I think I'll call it pathos. I think aggression is too strong of a word and not entirely accurate.
    I am one and I'm in no way passive. Neither are any of the other INTJ's or ISTJ's that I've met. They may act uninterested or like they aren't paying attention. Likely because they're uninterested and no longer paying attention.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Active/passive is much better indicated by Enneagram type, not MBTI. A type 8 INTJ is going to be rather different than a type 9 INTJ.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    863 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Because njs in general are not straight forward people
    In order for society to survive, we must all pitch in and cooperate with one another, split the resources fairly.
    If we get greedy, everything will fall apart
    The main reason why there is no long peace is because everything is set and stone.
    Another is that resources are limited and the ones who had the most goes bad because they are in control.

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Funny.
    Not to even accidentally *seem* rude cheek, but how much of your retort is coloured by your Enneagram (8s being much more...proactive, than 5s).

(I'd consider the INTJ type 5 to be something between a Dirac Delta function, and a Venus Flytrap. A mortal danger only to the unwary who come within their blast radius...)
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Active/passive is much better indicated by Enneagram type, not MBTI. A type 8 INTJ is going to be rather different than a type 9 INTJ.
    D'rrrat (rolls 'r'). You beat me to it. As usual.

Incidentally, regarding your quote from @whatever -- history is a series of people fighting over which anecdotes to use; and then fighting over who gets to write the account of *that* fight (repeat ad nauseum).
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Not to even accidentally *seem* rude cheek, but how much of your retort is coloured by your Enneagram (8s being much more...proactive, than 5s).

(I'd consider the INTJ type 5 to be something between a Dirac Delta function, and a Venus Flytrap. A mortal danger only to the unwary who come within their blast radius...)
    Mostly, I was addressing this quote...

No. INTJs, like ISTJs, are extremely passive people.
    Extremely passive people? None of them I know are. Coriolis is a 5, does she seem extremely passive to you? I place more emphasis on enneagram for the most part, because it helps polish and refine MBTI type. I just don't see any of them as extremely passive, regardless of enneagram.

Page 88 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast