Thread: Why do people hate INTJs?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    As a general principle, I've noticed that most people tend to look for love on their own terms and seem to instinctively object to the idea that they might need to adapt to and cooperate with another human being. It's kind of ironic: we're quite happy to adjust to our friends' and family's needs and wants, but no, our romantic partners have to conform to our needs and wants.
    Sounds like an INFJ's as well.
    ​Cusp of Rebirth

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ None

Totally based on personal experiences but I always fall for INTJs and they're always too cold and distant to ever really reciprocate in the way I would want it reciprocated.
    It's all a facade, we all wear masks. I think INTJs see if as a defense mechanism, emotion is our kryptonite.

The only problem i have with INTJ's is that many of them think they are better than they actually are and some of them think they are strong when they arent lol(inferior Se?). But generally INTJ is one of the most interesting types for me.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Dope& diamonds. Array Dyslexxie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post

From what I've seen, MBTI appears to correlate at least a bit to "Love Languages". Home | The 5 Love Languages® | Improving Millions of Relationships… One Language at a Time. It's the same idea at any rate: different people communicating on different levels, and thus not completely appreciating each other.

As a general principle, I've noticed that most people tend to look for love on their own terms and seem to instinctively object to the idea that they might need to adapt to and cooperate with another human being. It's kind of ironic: we're quite happy to adjust to our friends' and family's needs and wants, but no, our romantic partners have to conform to our needs and wants.
    The Love Languages is something I've been looking at for a long. There's definitely a correlation and somewhere on this forum there's a link to a study that links what each type wants and how they want it communicated.

Like everything else, love is also a selfish thing, and often becomes a projection of what we want, not what the other person is offering. Can't say I know how to fix it, but it's something that occurs far too often.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I can think of a few reasons why people would hate INTJs but a lot of them would be based on assumptions made (maybe because of our cold exterior) that most INTJs don't really care about clarifying. We may also come across as condescending but thats just a Dom/aux Te thing

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ None

The only problem i have with INTJ's is that many of them think they are better than they actually are and some of them think they are strong when they arent lol(inferior Se?).
    No we don't. Why do people try to justify these stereotypes by using functions?

I've met my share of narcissists from just about every personality type. I know an ISTJ who literally brags about himself every day, we joke around by calling him Super Brad or the Amazing Bradley.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    The Love Languages is something I've been looking at for a long. There's definitely a correlation and somewhere on this forum there's a link to a study that links what each type wants and how they want it communicated.

Like everything else, love is also a selfish thing, and often becomes a projection of what we want, not what the other person is offering. Can't say I know how to fix it, but it's something that occurs far too often.
    You fix it in yourself first. (We all do it.) Then it is easier to spot those potential partners with a similar mindset and avoid those who are still craving someone to fulfill their desires. Of course, that's easier said than done.

Take a look at "The Four Agreements" (Google it) to get an idea what it might look like. Also, look up the TED talk Brene Brown gives on "vulnerability". There is a huge degree of self-honesty required, and that level of emotional work scares most people.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    I want HUGS. Type that. *mumbles and murmurs*
    ​Cusp of Rebirth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I want HUGS. Type that. *mumbles and murmurs*
    Touch.

Inferior Se.

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Forever liked this post

Page 86 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast