User Tag List

First 2161697071727381 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You know how with Pi sometimes things just slide into place at an unexpected time, and you feel like you just know something, have gained a direction or insight?

I think Ji is like that too, yet in a different purview. For me, all of the "judgey" work is internal so I can't articulate all of the reasons why I've decided on a course of action in the moment. Then suddenly, I will have a thought that is the perfect way to express myself in Je terms. But this is not predictable; in the moment, when pressed with your question, I sometimes can't come out with reasons, sometimes all I can say is that it just feels right or wrong to proceed on the present course. Which few people actually realize has a depth to it beyond something "emotional", irrational or self-absorbed.

(eta: sometimes when I have spent the time to unearth all of my own reasons or objections to a thing, there are dozens of reasons all contributing to the overall feeling of "wrong". So, that's a lot of stuff to present and prioritize.)

So, pressing with Te isn't going to help unearth Ji reservations. If anything, at least in my observational and personal experience, it's likely to shut people down. Certainly it's contingent on Ji to learn to speak Je and Ji doms and auxs have to or else Je people never take them seriously as presenting rational arguments. However, it would be wise for Je to realize this about other people, the ones that don't seem to have an argument at the ready. It's in there, just needs help to "get out".

My advice would be to give Ji time, patience and a safe space to open those insights into. Imagine what you need for Pi to slide into focus. What helps you?
    I'm generally willing to be patient, unless the situation is urgent. I find it very hard to solve a problem that cannot be articulated, however. I know the feeling of waiting for Ni to kick in with the "real" answer, but on my end in the interim I can usually take inventory of what we know already, and get an idea of what the constraints and options are. That gives the other person at least something to work with.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Why do people hate INTJs... rather fun question by the damned. The question is fairly offing though. Misled perception.

Yes, the multiple stereotypical formulations of an INTJ must indeed make life simpler to tell whether you would like one or not... the bunch of mentally lazy. We should have reasonable/unreasonable as an extra dichotomy. Maybe it'll remove more thought on these more general thought ideas on the matter. It can be told that two types with different levels of mental over or under-processing might not get along based on the values that enhances those processes. An INTJ who lacks arrogance over an INTJ who holds it high play different fields, and probably wouldn't get along on the basis that they process information similarly but change the meaningful value of them as well as the solutions. Humans expect the positive or contentment of situations but worry and focus on the things they perceive as negative. This is our common cycle and it formulates negative thoughts and focus on the stereotypical assumptions that leads to the creation of this such thread. It is entirely possible the INTJ you never noticed was an INTJ, but simply lacks those qualities you exaggerate upon based on negative confirmation bias and mass thought.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Why do people hate INTJs... rather fun question by the damned. The question is fairly offing though. Misled perception.

Yes, the multiple stereotypical formulations of an INTJ must indeed make life simpler to tell whether you would like one or not... the bunch of mentally lazy. We should have reasonable/unreasonable as an extra dichotomy. Maybe it'll remove more thought on these more general thought ideas on the matter. It can be told that two types with different levels of mental over or under-processing might not get along based on the values that enhances those processes. An INTJ who lacks arrogance over an INTJ who holds it high play different fields, and probably wouldn't get along on the basis that they process information similarly but change the meaningful value of them as well as the solutions. Humans expect the positive or contentment of situations but worry and focus on the things they perceive as negative. This is our common cycle and it formulates negative thoughts and focus on the stereotypical assumptions that leads to the creation of this such thread. It is entirely possible the INTJ you never noticed was an INTJ, but simply lacks those qualities you exaggerate upon based on negative confirmation bias and mass thought.
    Oh yea i forgot the blaming others and all the fascinating rationalizations that go with it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Oh yea i forgot the blaming others and all the fascinating rationalizations that go with it
    Ah, this response is what you got out of my comment? Like I was defending INTJs? Like INTJs don't make those same generalising presumptions? Is this some sort of punch-line generalising voodoo you're showing up INTP because you were trying to find some sort of underlying motive for the things I'm saying? Like I wouldn't say these thoughts in a similar fashion for other types too? INTP, I have almost no self-indulgent egotistical connection to this thread, but it's presumptuous comments like these that seems to aim to put me on the debatable grounding of an immature preteen.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ah, this response is what you got out of my comment? Like I was defending INTJs? Like INTJs don't make those same generalising presumptions? Is this some sort of punch-line generalising voodoo you're showing up INTP because you were trying to find some sort of underlying motive for the things I'm saying? Like I wouldn't say these thoughts in a similar fashion for other types too? INTP, I have almost no self-indulgent egotistical connection to this thread, but it's presumptuous comments like these that seems to aim to put me on the debatable grounding of an immature preteen.
    You basically said that people hate INTJs because they misperceive INTJs(they are to blame) as something to be hated, even tho its really just stereotypes or whatever. Then started with some quite entertaining rationalizations

Ps. If you dont want people to stereotype you, stop acting according to the stereotypes
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

You basically said that people hate INTJs because they misperceive INTJs(they are to blame) as something to be hated, even tho its really just stereotypes or whatever. Then started with some quite entertaining rationalizations

Ps. If you dont want people to stereotype you, stop acting according to the stereotypes
    Actually I didn't. Seems you misunderstood. If you properly read what I wrote I said the misconception is more on OP's part with his understanding of a reaction to a stereotype. INTJs are usually hated on in an individual by individual basis with total disregard to the notion of MBTI. And they are also loved on an individual by individual basis with disregard to MBTI too. They are usually dealt with in the real world as human because they commonly function as an average human... just like every other average human of every type. People will like them and people will dislike them.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Actually I didn't. Seems you misunderstood. If you properly read what I wrote I said the misconception is more on OP's part with his understanding of a reaction to a stereotype. INTJs are usually hated on in an individual by individual basis with total disregard to the notion of MBTI. And they are also loved on an individual by individual basis with disregard to MBTI too. They are usually dealt with in the real world as human because they commonly function as an average human... just like every other average human of every type. People will like them and people will dislike them.
    You said it, whether or not you meant it.

"Why do people hate INTJs... rather fun question by the damned.(you are stating the questions here) The question is fairly offing though.(You are stating your opinion about the question here) Misled perception.(You are stating the answer to the question here)". Then there is some rationale behind the answer and some extra stuff. Was ez ty men
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

"Why do people hate INTJs... rather fun question by the damned.(you are stating the questions here)
    The damned is raptorwizard who is banned. Does, "The Banned and the Damned" thread have any recollection?
    The question is fairly offing though.(You are stating your opinion about the question here)
    Yes, my opinion on the question based on it being grounded on what I imagine are false premises.
    Misled perception.(You are stating the answer to the question here)".
    This is not the answer to the question. This is my thought on the perception of the OP from such false premises. As in he perceived wrongly.

"Why do people hate INTJs... rather fun question by the damned.(you are stating the questions here) The question is fairly offing though.(You are stating your opinion about the question here) Misled perception.(You are stating the answer to the question here)". Then there is some rationale behind the answer and some extra stuff. Was ez ty men
    Are you telling him that you know what he meant better than he does? From Wikipedia's INTJ profile:

They are often acutely aware of their own knowledge and abilities—as well as their limitations and what they don't know (a quality that tends to distinguish them from INTPs).

MBTI
    xNTJ

As you already know, some people hate or fear what they fail to comprehend by readily applying all sorts of irrelevant labels on others with totally different viewpoint from theirs. Some of us could care less about it, because we have better things to do.

Other than that, I absolutely agree with the comments about level of consciousness and maturity. Every underdeveloped type can be a nuisance in the eye of the beholder, but we do have the luxury of making careful choices by selecting whoever we deem worthy of our time.

Hatred is a huge waste of time and inner resources, so many of us prefer to channel our energy in more productive and rewarding activities.