User Tag List

First 1353616263646573 Last

Results 621 to 630 of 1035

  1. #621
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Yeah yo, I'm more of a "working facts" kind of guy. I don't need to know every damn term or detail about a subject. Using wit, creativity, and quickness, I can run circles around just about anyone in an argument. And you're right about pissing people off, though I will generally try to keep it at total frustration.

    And to bring up my bro again (only INTJ I know well IRL), I mean he's a fuckin' surgeon but while he is still a very good debater, he doesn't even try with me anymore. I'll either smoke him with clever thinking backed up with at least some facts, or embarrass him at the dinner table for some fallacy he made.

    You shall now be called, Dances With Words. Well maybe not yet, we'll have to see what ya got ; )
    Haha well, I apparently give off the vibe that I know everything about a subject? A lot of my friends say they find me scary to argue with, because I'll speak out about something I've never talked about before, and apparently seem to know nearly everything about it, which is very strange. Haha yeah frustration if really fun.
    Many INTJ's do get stuck in the pure knowledge rather than the fallacious nature of arguments, or different logical accidents that make their arguments weak. Which is why I do exactly what you do, to counter the other INTJ's and INTP's out there (and ENTP's), because (I know this sounds elitist as fuck), but they're honestly the only people I have trouble with in debates.

    Haha okay we shall see, I shall prove myself worthy of such a title!
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

  2. #622
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I'm told the fact that I assume people know the words I'm using and didn't initially Gage what words to use based on certain criteria I had asbergian traits which I think are just natural traits for an NT...

    So imagine going up to a guy and talking for five minutes using the words, "benign, zenith, nadir, counterpoint, facetious" words like that which we take for granted and thinking the other "guy" is paying attention when really he is thinking to himself, "this guy is a total douche bag, doesn't he know I didn't graduate from a good highschool. Is he trying to make me look dumb?"
    I try never to talk down to someone, though. I don't assume they won't understand what I say unless they act like they aren't understanding. If I am speaking with someone who uses a word I don't know, I'll ask them to explain it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  3. #623
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    hmmm...this is interesting.

    I've oft' wondered if I was an INTJ because in real life I tend to be very quiet if not engaged in an interest...

    I tend to say things like, "good evening, hello, good afternoon, yes sir, have a great day, indeed, etc..." very robotic impersonal greetings for lack of being more dynamic and warm in that regard, and I get a sense it throws people off because the common man or woman is not used to these Victorian styled greetings - I blame it on reading, the more I read the more removed I become from the status quo.

    That being said, when I am talking about goals, objectives, working out, guitar, quantum physics in the new age philosophical sense, and talking about objective facts, many of which even other entj's and intj's fail to recognize, such as the fact that ideas exist outside of our thought space, which is verifiable by the very fact that any invention before conception is invented in at least half a dozen other places on the planet, I often times mentally mind blast the other person with a slew of words and facts beyond the horizon of their mind-space, for lack of better word.

    But if you really know me I kick back and I'm like, "groovy dude" and we just kind of chill and I end up being quite silly like Charlie, but you know it goes like that, the dance....

    Here's the other thing too...I notice this with INTJ's and it's been said about me - we tend to have something else going on in the background of our minds while being present, it seems we are always plotting or scheming when we are intuitively feeling out things using introverted intuition....it seems intentional and malignant but it's really just how we process.

    To an ESTP this could seem sort of villainous, to not be fully present, or to always think things out for yourself based on the future.

    I'm told the fact that I assume people know the words I'm using and didn't initially Gage what words to use based on certain criteria I had asbergian traits which I think are just natural traits for an NT...

    So imagine going up to a guy and talking for five minutes using the words, "benign, zenith, nadir, counterpoint, facetious" words like that which we take for granted and thinking the other "guy" is paying attention when really he is thinking to himself, "this guy is a total douche bag, doesn't he know I didn't graduate from a good highschool. Is he trying to make me look dumb?"
    Yeah even with those basic greetings/mannerisms, you're more sociable than me... I fail to even say "good" in response to things sometimes, I just quietly and awkwardly smile and nod. But if I hear some religious fundamentalist trying to sell some pro-life shit to someone, I'm on them like a fucking cat. And I believe you're talking about the zeitgeist of ideas? A philosophical idea what we almost... Access a cloud of information when we think, for lack of a better description, it's a strange thing to explain... But yeah, a lot of INTJ's would relate to the mind blast thing, I find INTP's also do this, we kind of explode with a stream of rationality and factual evidence that can almost have a knock back effect...

    And omg, I actually find it annoying when people pretend to know some of the vocabulary I use, because you can tell after a while that their eyes have glazed over, and any information you are convering is going through one ear and right out the other.

    Weird how I can relate to nearly all of what you said... Except for talking about goals, guitar and working out... (No offence) I find those things uninteresting, too pragmatic. I can't talk though, I talk about video games with some people, which is benign to a greater extend, well, arguably so.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  4. #624
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default


  5. #625
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    PowerPoint!
    Impress!!!
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  6. #626
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I disagree with this notion. I see this as an advertising thing and advertising is the evil demon spawn of Freud's hatred for his father due to excessive cocaine use.

    On a serious note though,

    I'm aware that some people believe that true genius is dumb-ing down a very complicated notion into bite size pieces for the majority, but I think we hit critical mass now, you know, in 2015, and everything is in a liminal state where what we believed in the 1800's is no longer true...this notion of course, of dumb-ing down, coming from that era's Aristocracy.

    I mean there is a balance of course and then there is the effect on the person where by which they seek to learn the word and become influenced for the better by you...

    Or we can go with what sells....and do the diet coke...do you do the diet coke? It's a new dance.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  7. #627
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I try never to talk down to someone, though. I don't assume they won't understand what I say unless they act like they aren't understanding. If I am speaking with someone who uses a word I don't know, I'll ask them to explain it.
    Yeah...I'm not intentionally doing it.

    My error is in not assuming that they are deft in the vocabulary department. I tend to treat everyone equally so I assume we all know certain words and take it for granted that my education was decent.

    But I see what you mean. By your logic, it's not my error in the first place, and the other person might ask me what the word means. But I find people don't and then they fear talking to me in front of others.

    I tend to get a long with people who are 20 years my age for this reason.

    The irony is I find people who graduated from top notch universities have severe deficits in vocabulary, nearly as much as the street ruffians I've mingled with, for lack of upkeep after graduation - a shame.

    It's sad...why would let your vocabulary decay after going to a top notch university to the level of a total stoner. I guess the Kardashian infects even the most "pristinely" educated.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  8. #628
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I disagree with this notion. I see this as an advertising thing and advertising is the evil demon spawn of Freud's hatred for his father due to excessive cocaine use.

    On a serious note though,

    I'm aware that some people believe that true genius is dumb-ing down a very complicated notion into bite size pieces for the majority, but I think we hit critical mass now, you know, in 2015, and everything is in a liminal state where what we believed in the 1800's is no longer true...this notion of course, of dumb-ing down, coming from that era's Aristocracy.

    I mean there is a balance of course and then there is the effect on the person where by which they seek to learn the word and become influenced for the better by you...

    Or we can go with what sells....and do the diet coke...do you do the diet coke? It's a new dance.
    Words exist for a reason. Different words for the same thing rarely mean exactly the same thing. Sometimes one is just better than another, like the 8 mm allen key vs the 5/16 one when you really do have a metric screw. As they say about tools, if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  9. #629
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    I have an INTJ (male)in one of my classes. He couldn't be farther from a narcissist if he tried. Sure, he's wired passion hewn beneath his skin; it's extremely hard not to notice that he is always onto something. Always perceiving, constantly thinking. You can see it in his eyes, the way his hands tense as he holds his pen; the rest of him, almost perfectly still. I only discovered his type after having the guy in on our group project. His intensity rendered me helpless. I had to call him out on it, subtly. I don't think anyone else noticed our exchange. After we were able to begin really talking, alone, I've discovered a world of passion and desire to use the pain of his past to the benefit of others. If this is representative of all INTJs.... holy crap! Stoic isn't the word.
    Just be warned. There is acetylene in the freezer. Thaw *carefully*. Keep away from open flame.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  10. #630
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    This is perfection.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

Similar Threads

  1. Why do people hate tradional thoughts and practices?
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 08:01 PM
  2. Why do people love to hate Kristen Stewart?
    By gromit in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  3. [INFP] Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM
  4. [INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?
    By RenaiReborn in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
  5. [INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?
    By Dominicus Griswold in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO