User Tag List

First 1252606162636472 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post

Haha I don't even mind if you hate us or not, but some of us have fun playing logic games, and a lot of us like when people don't play by the rules, very easy to call people on it
    Don't know what your knowledge of MBTI is, but while logic isn't an ENTP's bread and butter, it is most definitely one of our favorite play things, so I love logic games as well.

I think a running critique of INTJs is their emotional coldness, but I'm emotionally retarded/void/something so doesn't bother me.

My older brother is an INTJ and a smarter man than I, but I'm more clever. Like a fox.

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes iamnotthepita liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Don't know what your knowledge of MBTI is, but while logic isn't an ENTP's bread and butter, it is most definitely one of our favorite play things, so I love logic games as well.

I think a running critique of INTJs is their emotional coldness, but I'm emotionally retarded/void/something so doesn't bother me.

My older brother is an INTJ and a smarter man than I, but I'm more clever. Like a fox.

I fucking wish I was emotionally void! Unfortunately I'm fairly low on the T (I'm more accurately an INxJ, or even INxx), but I usually score INTJ. I do know ENTP's like logic, as all NT's do, I guess I'm a seasoned debater/arguer off and online, so I enjoy it a lot, one of my main hobbies I like logic because you can prove them wrong whilst ignoring facts, that pisses people off the most, just for a bit of amusement XD Haha yeah I identify with you on that one, I'm a different kind of intelligence, more wit than pure knowledge, so I like to dance with words and quips, I always like having a partner in crime though
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I think, in addition to the emotional coldness of many INTJs, one of the major issues people have with us is the arrogance. Or rather, perceived arrogance. I don't set out to be arrogant, but people often see me that way. I'm confident, and I speak with authority... otherwise I don't speak at all. But that's not the same as arrogance.

I think people often confuse confidence with arrogance. Arrogance means being condescending, putting others down, and acting like you have an answer for everything, even when you don't. Confidence is being sure of what you know -- and what you don't know. A confident person knows his limitations, and isn't too proud to admit when he's wrong.

I don't doubt that some INTJs are arrogant. Any type can be. But I think it's more likely that INTJs simply present a frank, direct, self-assured air that many people perceive as arrogance.
    Likes Passacaglia, Obsidius liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I think, in addition to the emotional coldness of many INTJs, one of the major issues people have with us is the arrogance. Or rather, perceived arrogance. I don't set out to be arrogant, but people often see me that way. I'm confident, and I speak with authority... otherwise I don't speak at all. But that's not the same as arrogance.

I think people often confuse confidence with arrogance. Arrogance means being condescending, putting others down, and acting like you have an answer for everything, even when you don't. Confidence is being sure of what you know -- and what you don't know. A confident person knows his limitations, and isn't too proud to admit when he's wrong.

I don't doubt that some INTJs are arrogant. Any type can be. But I think it's more likely that INTJs simply present a frank, direct, self-assured air that many people perceive as arrogance.
    Exactly.

But as true as all that is, it is quite advantageous, I've found, to determine which turns of speech engender that perception of arrogance and eliminate them. One can speak with just as much authority with gentler words that encourage others to listen.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Passacaglia, johnnyyukon, grey_beard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Exactly.

But as true as all that is, it is quite advantageous, I've found, to determine which turns of speech engender that perception of arrogance and eliminate them. One can speak with just as much authority with gentler words that encourage others to listen.
    Word.

I'm sure that characteristic INTJ bluntness doesn't help. lol

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Word.
    PowerPoint!
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes BadOctopus, johnnyyukon, Obsidius liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    I fucking wish I was emotionally void! Unfortunately I'm fairly low on the T (I'm more accurately an INxJ, or even INxx), but I usually score INTJ. I do know ENTP's like logic, as all NT's do, I guess I'm a seasoned debater/arguer off and online, so I enjoy it a lot, one of my main hobbies I like logic because you can prove them wrong whilst ignoring facts, that pisses people off the most, just for a bit of amusement XD Haha yeah I identify with you on that one, I'm a different kind of intelligence, more wit than pure knowledge, so I like to dance with words and quips, I always like having a partner in crime though

Yeah yo, I'm more of a "working facts" kind of guy. I don't need to know every damn term or detail about a subject. Using wit, creativity, and quickness, I can run circles around just about anyone in an argument. And you're right about pissing people off, though I will generally try to keep it at total frustration.

And to bring up my bro again (only INTJ I know well IRL), I mean he's a fuckin' surgeon but while he is still a very good debater, he doesn't even try with me anymore. I'll either smoke him with clever thinking backed up with at least some facts, or embarrass him at the dinner table for some fallacy he made.

You shall now be called, Dances With Words. Well maybe not yet, we'll have to see what ya got ; )

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Yeah, I don't know how true this stereotype is, but I've noticed a lot of INTJs are pretty good knowledge bases, so they often talk like they know a subject very well, usually because they do. But that can get perceived as arrogance. Not by me though.

But wait, this is the hate thread sooooo you INTJs also have extra weird feet.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how true this stereotype is, but I've noticed a lot of INTJs are pretty good knowledge bases, so they often talk like they know a subject very well, usually because they do. But that can get perceived as arrogance. Not by me though.

But wait, this is the hate thread sooooo you INTJs also have extra weird feet.
    Yeah, well... You smell like cheese.
    Likes johnnyyukon, Obsidius liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

hmmm...this is interesting.

I've oft' wondered if I was an INTJ because in real life I tend to be very quiet if not engaged in an interest...

I tend to say things like, "good evening, hello, good afternoon, yes sir, have a great day, indeed, etc..." very robotic impersonal greetings for lack of being more dynamic and warm in that regard, and I get a sense it throws people off because the common man or woman is not used to these Victorian styled greetings - I blame it on reading, the more I read the more removed I become from the status quo.

That being said, when I am talking about goals, objectives, working out, guitar, quantum physics in the new age philosophical sense, and talking about objective facts, many of which even other entj's and intj's fail to recognize, such as the fact that ideas exist outside of our thought space, which is verifiable by the very fact that any invention before conception is invented in at least half a dozen other places on the planet, I often times mentally mind blast the other person with a slew of words and facts beyond the horizon of their mind-space, for lack of better word.

But if you really know me I kick back and I'm like, "groovy dude" and we just kind of chill and I end up being quite silly like Charlie, but you know it goes like that, the dance....

Here's the other thing too...I notice this with INTJ's and it's been said about me - we tend to have something else going on in the background of our minds while being present, it seems we are always plotting or scheming when we are intuitively feeling out things using introverted intuition....it seems intentional and malignant but it's really just how we process.

To an ESTP this could seem sort of villainous, to not be fully present, or to always think things out for yourself based on the future.

I'm told the fact that I assume people know the words I'm using and didn't initially Gage what words to use based on certain criteria I had asbergian traits which I think are just natural traits for an NT...

So imagine going up to a guy and talking for five minutes using the words, "benign, zenith, nadir, counterpoint, facetious" words like that which we take for granted and thinking the other "guy" is paying attention when really he is thinking to himself, "this guy is a total douche bag, doesn't he know I didn't graduate from a good highschool. Is he trying to make me look dumb?"
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.