failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    No one hates INTJs more than they hate themselves.
    It's tough when your personality isn't popular.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    lol

Sounds like its time to start telling people why it is!

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    No one hates INTJs more than they hate themselves.
    That would be reassuring, since we don't actually hate ourselves. It is more accurate to say that no one is more critical of us than we ourselves are. People don't appreciate this, though, since we tend to be critical of them as well, and that understandably is what catches their attention.

Only if you care about popularity. Since we generally don't, it's much less of an issue.

Plus, we can become popular very quickly when the s*** really hits the fan and no one else knows what to do.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Only if you care about popularity. Since we generally don't, it's much less of an issue.

Plus, we can become popular very quickly when the s*** really hits the fan and no one else knows what to do.
    Not going to disagree with you, but when that happens we look great. However it doesn't always happen and the rest of the time you have to deal with the comments thrown at you as to why you are so different from the rest. It becomes tiresome. It is really nice to go online and find the few that are like you, even though it is spread out over countries. I just find it strange how everyone says they ran into an INTJ... I wish I could, cause then I could see my personality from the outside compared to others.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Not going to disagree with you, but when that happens we look great. However it doesn't always happen and the rest of the time you have to deal with the comments thrown at you as to why you are so different from the rest. It becomes tiresome. It is really nice to go online and find the few that are like you, even though it is spread out over countries. I just find it strange how everyone says they ran into an INTJ... I wish I could, cause then I could see my personality from the outside compared to others.
    Do you really know no other INTJs in person? I know several. I think the most important thing I have learned from this is how different we all are, even within the type. Upbringing, culture, and age all are strong influences, plus more no doubt that I am not identifying discretely.

As for dealing with the comments of others: what kind of comments do you get, and how do you feel you need to respond? I generally ignore anything that doesn't contain constructive feedback or specific request.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Do you really know no other INTJs in person? I know several. I think the most important thing I have learned from this is how different we all are, even within the type. Upbringing, culture, and age all are strong influences, plus more no doubt that I am not identifying discretely.

As for dealing with the comments of others: what kind of comments do you get, and how do you feel you need to respond? I generally ignore anything that doesn't contain constructive feedback or specific request.
    Mostly from family, my dad, that always complains about me thinking to far ahead into the future. That I don't care about things that they care about. They know what is best for me, whatever I am thinking is the wrong way of thinking. Why I "talk to my self" and why that is bad. Why my standards are too high and I should be happy with what they consider to be good enough for me. That I should show enthusiasm when everyone is happy, when I don't care, or even better, place them in front of my firing squad.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Mostly from family, my dad, that always complains about me thinking to far ahead into the future. That I don't care about things that they care about. They know what is best for me, whatever I am thinking is the wrong way of thinking. Why I "talk to my self" and why that is bad. Why my standards are too high and I should be happy with what they consider to be good enough for me. That I should show enthusiasm when everyone is happy, when I don't care, or even better, place them in front of my firing squad.
    A great example of the difference in upbringing, but not so good for you. My (SJ) parents were just the opposite. They encouraged me to reach for ambitious goals and "be all I could be", to paraphrase the Army recruiters. I think they were continually surprised by what I could do, even when relatively young, and learned to trust my judgment (and even take advantage of it) and let me go my own way. They even learned to care about the things I cared about and got interested in.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

A great example of the difference in upbringing, but not so good for you. My (SJ) parents were just the opposite. They encouraged me to reach for ambitious goals and "be all I could be", to paraphrase the Army recruiters. I think they were continually surprised by what I could do, even when relatively young, and learned to trust my judgment (and even take advantage of it) and let me go my own way. They even learned to care about the things I cared about and got interested in.
    Unfortunately one cannot choose one's parents. I had no say in how I could choose my subjects, which meant my strategy couldn't play out. My mother was encouraging, but my father was the dictator. Even last night, when I told him about me dating outside of my race. All the fears and paranoia got out and I was verbally attacked with what ifs and recalling what other people did, how bad it was for them and all the money and culture blah blah BS that I had to deal with yesterday. So I just told him, I AM INTJ. I think differently to you and then I went into the functions. But we argue about everything from cars to people. So it's only a matter of time when he will nag me again.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Unfortunately one cannot choose one's parents. I had no say in how I could choose my subjects, which meant my strategy couldn't play out. My mother was encouraging, but my father was the dictator. Even last night, when I told him about me dating outside of my race. All the fears and paranoia got out and I was verbally attacked with what ifs and recalling what other people did, how bad it was for them and all the money and culture blah blah BS that I had to deal with yesterday. So I just told him, I AM INTJ. I think differently to you and then I went into the functions. But we argue about everything from cars to people. So it's only a matter of time when he will nag me again.
    What types are your parents? Are you in college now? The highlighted sounds like a real problem.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

What types are your parents? Are you in college now? The highlighted sounds like a real problem.
    No, that happened to be when I was in high school. I had to do one extra year in college to work around that problem.

I have't been able to type them since I don't feel confident enough yet to know each type in depth. My dad did talk about MBTI, but he changed his mind every time, so to me that isn't worthy of mentioning. When I have learned enough, I will try to make an accurate assessment.

Page 56 of 104 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast