• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
.... Felix's opinions are mean. D:

LOL!

Hey, if people can be mean to us, we can be mean right back. Ordinarily I am quite patient and nice to people, I work in retail and customer service. I usually don't get the same respect though, not all of the public can be INTJs, now can they?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I dont hate them myself, i enjoy hearing thier opinions but getting some to talk is tough

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dont hate them myself, i enjoy hearing thier opinions but getting some to talk is tough
What are you trying to get them to talk about? If gossip, fashion, or plans for the weekend, yes - you might just as well try to have a conversation with a stone.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
What are you trying to get them to talk about? If gossip, fashion, or plans for the weekend, yes - you might just as well try to have a conversation with a stone.
Whatever They're interested in. Science, politics, personal theories.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whatever They're interested in. Science, politics, personal theories.
Do you know them at all well? I at least tend to be suspicious of someone who just comes up to me and starts asking me what I'm interested in and what I think about it.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Do you know them at all well? I at least tend to be suspicious of someone who just comes up to me and starts asking me what I'm interested in and what I think about it.
not always no. Does there have to be a 6 month period of light exposure to each other before things are considered well enough?

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I don't hate INTJs. They are cool. If you are superior to others, nothing wrong in saying that out loud and being proud of being part of the elite.
The only problem is that they keep their brilliant thoughts to themselves.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Paranoid maybe? I dont know if all or most are paranoid or super duper overly cautious but someone assuming you are upto evil is irritating or can be.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I don't hate INTJs. They are cool. If you are superior to others, nothing wrong in saying that out loud and being proud of being part of the elite.
The only problem is that they keep their brilliant thoughts to themselves.
Best not be wise in your own eyes. People think of you as a flake,kanye

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not always no. Does there have to be a 6 month period of light exposure to each other before things are considered well enough?
No, but unless you already have a well-established relationship of some kind, there needs to be a reason for the inquiry. Something like: "I understand you work for XYZ company. What's it like there? I'll be looking for a job after I graduate . . . " or "Are you from this area? I've just been here a month and I'm trying to learn my way around. Could you tell me about . . . "

Paranoid maybe? I dont know if all or most are paranoid or super duper overly cautious but someone assuming you are upto evil is irritating or can be.
Some of us are surely paranoid; I suspect most of us are quite cautious. I never assume someone is up to evil, but I don't assume they are up to good either. I prefer not to make assumptions, and to wait and see how things unfold.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Every time I have tried to hang out with an INTJ, I wake up with part of an organ removed.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Every time I have tried to hang out with an INTJ, I wake up with part of an organ removed.
So, not something you have done often, then.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't hate them, but I hate their attitude
they're often arrogant, and jump to conclusions

Yeah I can understand, if you take into account that you draw pictures of yourself, instead of posting a real picture... What are you expecting from us, when we are after the truth.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh for the love of God....really? <snip>

Good God this was the best MBTI related thing I've read in months! :rofl1:

I criticize INTJs a lot, but it's usually just a particular subset- and unfortunately for them, it's the largest subset. When they're cool they're ice cold, and usually because they've matured and/or had a couple kids. Something to disavow them of the tert-Fi assumption that they're the centers of the universe. But face it, most of them (especially on the internets and on their own special echo chamber forum) are not cool in any way, and suffer from tremendous arrested emotional development- maybe not more than other types, but they definitely work harder at preserving their arrested development more than other types.

Tert Fi in danger? Aux Te to the rescue! :charge:

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

Really? The INTJs I know (via Fi/Se) like talking about fashion and weekend plans (if they're interesting- definitely not gossip, though). In fact they can talk shamelessly and forever about things they consider objective statements. Where it comes to pulling teeth is getting them to articulate anything personal or subjective or emotional- even if they WANT to talk about it, it's like they can't.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? The INTJs I know (via Fi/Se) like talking about fashion and weekend plans (if they're interesting- definitely not gossip, though). In fact they can talk shamelessly and forever about things they consider objective statements. Where it comes to pulling teeth is getting them to articulate anything personal or subjective or emotional- even if they WANT to talk about it, it's like they can't.
I agree with the highlighted, but the INTJs I know (including myself) don't share a willingness to discuss these topics except in the briefest practical sense. This is not the first time that you have referenced knowing INTJs personally who are quite different from the many I know. Just goes to show how much diversity there is even within a single type.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I agree with the highlighted, but the INTJs I know (including myself) don't share a willingness to discuss these topics except in the briefest practical sense. This is not the first time that you have referenced knowing INTJs personally who are quite different from the many I know. Just goes to show how much diversity there is even within a single type.

Briefest practical sense, maybe, but they're not averse to discussing their preferences in such things. Like it's actually possible, though they may have to think about it a moment before delivering a statement. Regardless, I agree that they are a polarizing species. All of my favorite and least favorite people are INTJs, which is why I struggle to give up on the least favorite demographic. So much potential!