User Tag List

First 2331323334354383 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I thought she was simply saying why others are intimidated by them based on her exposure to an INTJ.
    That's the problem.
    Btw, I was exposed to a black man last week . . . what an intimidating fella. Those black people need to work on being less intimidating.

See how that works?
    Think.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

To truly understand a situation, and make proper judgments, you have to understand people and their motivations. People are not machines. I think many, especially younger INTJs, fail to realize this, and they even go so far as to attack it and actively resist it, becoming more and more harsh and distant. There's not much that can be done for these people, except be put in a situation where they have to learn.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's the problem.
    Btw, I was exposed to a black man last week . . . what an intimidating fella. Those black people need to work on being less intimidating.

See how that works?
    Ha ha. Ok I think I see....are you saying it's the stereotypical response to an INTJ.

I must admit...if we are going with the black people example. I'm still afraid of black people even though it's a stereotype. And even though my best friend is black. So I'm not sure that's a good example for ME.

I know that what you mean is just because the person's not willing to get to know that the other person isn't all that scary ... isn't just the intj's fault....right?

And also this has so many questions left open. Do INTJ's really care about coming off as scary/intimidating?? I think that if the intj cares...then they are the ones that need to change...in changing yourself you inevitabley change the world. So I see what your saying...I think...but I don't think I'm convinced. Either that or I'm still confused

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

That's the problem.

See how that works?
    What if he was an INTJ too.

And also this has so many questions left open. Do INTJ's really care about coming off as scary/intimidating?? I think that if the intj cares...then they are the ones that need to change...in changing yourself you inevitabley change the world. So I see what your saying...I think...but I don't think I'm convinced. Either that or I'm still confused
    Hmm...it depends on the person I'm interacting with. There are some days it comes in handy. Most of the time, no I don't want to come off as scary or intimidating to anyone. I also think this ability comes with age, young INTJ's really can be assholes. You just piss us off when you say we need to do the changing (if we care) but it isn't going to change the world and knowing that also comes with age. I'll leave that to the ENFP's.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's posts like this that make me glad that I'm on this forum. Those are insightful observations and very helpful. I think you understand INTJs in a deeper way than anyone else here. Or at least, you have the uncanny combination of deep insight as to what they are like as well as how they are perceived by others. That has to be quite a gift to the INTJ you are with because it would make him feel both understood as well as supporting his growth and development.
    I was going to say pretty much the exact same thing. This forum caught my interest because there were posts that had such insight. I'm glad you said it. I was a little fearful of sounding like I was exaggerating. But that really is how I feel. I like this kind of feedback. And that intj IS lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post

Hmm...it depends on the person I'm interacting with. There are some days it comes in handy. Most of the time, no I don't want to come off as scary or intimidating to anyone. I also think this ability comes with age, young INTJ's really can be assholes. You just piss us off when you say we need to do the changing (if we care) but it isn't going to change the world and knowing that also comes with age. I'll leave that to the ENFP's.
    Every person counts. The ocean is no more than a bunch of molecules. One molecule changes...and the ocean is never the same ocean it was before that change.

The more people take responsibility for themselves and role model that kind of responsible behavior...the more others will follow. That's the changing of the world I was talking about.

From personal experience I know I am frustrated with the world and how other people take me at first glance (even second or third )

But I also know it's not the world's fault.

Why? Because I cannot change them. It's their right to view me that way. And if you really ask me deep down if I even want them to change then I'd say "No."

I can only change my own thoughts and actions. That's really the only control we have in this world.

Every person counts. The ocean is no more than a bunch of molecules. One molecule changes...and the ocean is never the same ocean it was before that change.

The more people take responsibility for themselves and role model that kind of responsible behavior...the more others will follow. That's the changing of the world I was talking about.

From personal experience I know I am frustrated with the world and how other people take me at first glance (even second or third )

But I also know it's not the world's fault.

Why? Because I cannot change them. It's their right to view me that way. And if you really ask me deep down if I even want them to change then I'd say "No."

I can only change my own thoughts and actions. That's really the only control we have in this world.
    true words indeed my friend
    If you see Eve, tell her I'm growing tired of walking the ends of the earth in trying to tell her no

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

That's the problem.

See how that works?

Im ENFP, I don't need to be logical or make sense, and you do have to work with me even though my way of 'helping' is totally based on Fi-data that you cannot verify and I feel defensive having to explain and I share it in a way that makes you wanna strangle me. Oh and of course I get to hug you, thats how I interact. No, you don't get to tell me not to do that, that would be asking me to be inauthentic. And why should I bother developing Te, it's not who I am. And you don't get to give me 'positive feedback' as to how I could perhaps learn to properly formulate my arguments so that we actually can work together in a more productive way.

...see how that works?

It is one thing to be black - it isn't something you can change, nor does it affect your ability to function as a human being in our society. It is a beautiful part of being human, with a proud heritage.

It is quite another to not recognise that your interaction style is *missing* information and vital clues that others are rightly and justly are reacting to and addressing, especially if they are in a position where they have no choice but to interact with you. That is a skill you can learn - and one you decide whether or not is worth investing in. But if you decide not to, the consequences are yours. And *that* is a choice that nobody gets to judge you for.

Those people damn straight are in their right to give you feedback to try and improve communication and cooperation . Im not saying negative, unhelpful criticism and vilifying who you are. But considering the feedback to my feedback, Id like to think I did ok.

And next time you feel the need to psychoanalyse my perceived agenda and my motivation for writing a specific post, do the same for your need to psychoanalyse. And if you like, you can pm me with what you find, and I'll gladly look at it with you and see what you have come up with. In the spirit of constructive feedback, and all.

Or ya know - don't. You don't know me well enough and seem to lack the experience to get it right at this particular time.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I don't need to be logical or make sense . . .
    Then don't post to me. It's that simple.
    Think.
    Likes Belle of Kilronan liked this post

Because scientists are stupid

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

Then don't post to me. It's that simple.
    Please don't quote me out of context for your own benefit.

And wish granted.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: