User Tag List

First 1321222324253373 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

INTPC is a silly place. Also, that audio spam thing is fucking irritating, and it still hasn't gone away.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    INTPC is a silly place. Also, that audio spam thing is fucking irritating, and it still hasn't gone away.
    It would annoy me a bit more if they didn't play all the greatest hits of the golden age of pop music. My biggest deterrent from there these days is that there's absolutely no traffic; it's just the same 5 posters engaging in a daily incestuous little circle jerk about how alone they are in a world filled with mouth-breathing sensors. If I wanted to listen to that everyday I'd just rewatch Clerks more times than I already have.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    It would annoy me a bit more if they didn't play all the greatest hits of the golden age of pop music. My biggest deterrent from there these days is that there's absolutely no traffic; it's just the same 5 posters engaging in a daily incestuous little circle jerk about how alone they are in a world filled with mouth-breathing sensors. If I wanted to listen to that everyday I'd just rewatch Clerks more times than I already have.
    You know what the funniest thing is? I'm not even supposed to be here today.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You know what the funniest thing is? I'm not even supposed to be here today.
    Funny enough, I never realized this before but this quote pretty much summarizes most of the content on INTPc.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Yes..... it's ok at first, but it gets old eventually. I have my rage issues too, for certain, but I'd prefer not to fixate on that excessively. It was cute in high school.... past that, though? It's time to work on moving on.

MBTI
    INTp

Just to be clear, that's Haight's fault. The mods there don't have the authority to remove the spam and their requests for assitance have been ignored. It's super annoying though, hence my presence here for the time being. I still pop in there, but the spam factor every time I open a thread makes me very choosey at the moment about which ones I bother with.

I still prefer INTPc over this place overall, but the forums serve different purposes. INTPc is best suited to INTPs and as such, the subject matter will clearly have less variety. OTOH, there's no myriad of threads of nonsensical spiritual mumbo jumbo to contend with. So you take the updside with the down.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I think that you have made a point that I have considered: That Ni needs to be guided towards positive aspects of life. (Otherwise the results can be seen as transgressions, as the website you've mentioned suggests)

In this experience I can see how Ni can be led astray. (Very astray) But I can also see the amount of change and positivity it can bring to the world when in a positive state of mind. (I have made a 180)

I love both Se and Ni for very different reasons. I think they are equal, just in different abilities.

Someone with Se can be stuck in a rut and you may never see them change. Which causes inertia.

On the other hand Se causes action if it's going in the right direction.

It just depends on how the person's outlook is.
    Ni and Se are both perceiving functions. They won't ever really "do" anything unless paired with judging functions, which obviously they are since functions don't operate in a vacuum. It is then someone's Je/Ji functions that provide this direction, guide Ni in positive directions, kick Se out of a rut, etc.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Ni and Se are both perceiving functions. They won't ever really "do" anything unless paired with judging functions, which obviously they are since functions don't operate in a vacuum. It is then someone's Je/Ji functions that provide this direction, guide Ni in positive directions, kick Se out of a rut, etc.
    Yes, I believe the judgement function can be the initial step of providing the direction. However I think that some perception functions can sort of get carried away with patterns.

Example: When someone notices that their friend is telling a story, that they've told over and over beforehand.

I would think that's just perception saying "this person keeps telling this story again and again."

I think that's how Ni can get carried away with patterns...So it can almost become "Was it the chicken before the egg?" kind of dilema.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I want to understand the boundaries betweeen the functions better.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    They seem to be viewed as narcissistic elitists by many people of other types (or perhaps even by some within their own type), and I'm wondering how accurate these perceptions really may be, or why people actually develop them to begin with.
    I like a lot of them. Others I like, but they provoke uncomfortable feelings. Some of are really awkward and I feel a mixture of embarrassment for them, mixed with envy.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Yes, I believe the judgement function can be the initial step of providing the direction. However I think that some perception functions can sort of get carried away with patterns.

Example: When someone notices that their friend is telling a story, that they've told over and over beforehand.

I would think that's just perception saying "this person keeps telling this story again and again."

I think that's how Ni can get carried away with patterns...So it can almost become "Was it the chicken before the egg?" kind of dilema.Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I want to understand the boundaries betweeen the functions better.
    That is hard to do, because they are always working together. It is almost like trying to pick apart the ingredients of a cake. Noticing that your friend has told a certain story before requires you to make a comparison. Was it really the same, or were there any differences? Are these significant enough to keep you from considering the story the same? All of this involves judgement. When it seems that perception is getting carried away, it is less the fault of the perceiving function as sloppy or erroneous application of the judgement function. Our judgement refuses to consider all available information, or weights it inappropriately, or evaluates it using the wrong standards. The antidote to Ni conspiracy theories, for instance, is objective analysis by Te.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: