Thread: Why do people hate INTJs?

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    But no one loves you back...so sad.
    It'd be salt in his wounds were the quip not drawn from the deep, sweet spring of your own experience.

And, yes, @93JC the correct answer was cows, because it is always cows.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    And, yes, @93JC the correct answer was cows, because it is always cows.
    Look at this cow.

LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT HOW FUCKING FLUFFY THAT COW IS.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    But you can articulate that into something that's sort of graspable by someone else. It's a little "out there" maybe, but if I pause for a moment, I can see how it works. I just have to use a different lens. I think the ability to do this is dependent on how comfortable/skilled a Ni dom is with their Thinking function, whether it's introverted or extraverted. INFJs have a Thinking function too.

But yes, some Ni doms seem equally incomprehensible to me that way, but the interesting thing to me is that they tend to be INTJs, not INFJs. Perhaps as an introverted function, the thinking function of an INFJ is easier to access.

So, INTJs I can't understand is maybe another evil of the world I blame on Introverted Feeling, like traffic jams, mosquitoes and peanut butter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Well, immature or unhealthy Fi (so possibly Fi in tertiary form, where it is child like and overestimated) can come across as tyrranical, petty, meglomaniacal, self absorbed, et al.

I have probably said that already in this thread if it's old, but it is probably relevant to what you just said here, to some extent.
    Maybe it's because my inferior feeling function happens to be Fi, but my attitude with respect to the self- expression of Ni doms is always something along the lines of if you don't get it, then maybe it ain't for you. I'm Ni enough my self to know that sometimes one is trying to convey something that is experienced beyond language. So is it more important to be true to conveying the notion as it is conceived, or to translate it such that it can be experienced to some degree by others, knowing some nuance will be lost? Ni is nothing if not holistic, and it can feel like betraying the fidelity of the concept itself to break it down for the great unwashed. I don't owe you that, and you can piece together the truth of my impression afer the fact if you must. That's the sense I get from the INTJs Ive been closest to at least, and I respect that steez. I'm differently motivated as a Te-dom, of course, but I appreciate that fact and am not gonna impose my way of doing things on someone out of principle. Again, the difference between inferior fi vs inferior fe.

Sometimes you just gotta let go and feel the music rather than cracking down on the fact that there are "too many notes".

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Look at this cow.

I wants to pet it.

Senior Member Array

I wants to pet it.
    Of course you do, it's like an overgrown chinchilla!

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Maybe it's because my inferior feeling function happens to be Fi, but my attitude with respect to the self- expression of Ni doms is always something along the lines of if you don't get it, then maybe it ain't for you. I'm Ni enough my self to know that sometimes one is trying to convey something that is experienced beyond language. So is it more important to be true to conveying the notion as it is conceived, or to translate it such that it can be experienced to some degree by others, knowing some nuance will be lost? Ni is nothing if not holistic, and it can feel like betraying the fidelity of the concept itself to break it down for the great unwashed. I don't owe you that, and you can piece together the truth of my impression afer the fact if you must. That's the sense I get from the INTJs Ive been closest to at least, and I respect that steez. I'm differently motivated as a Te-dom, of course, but I appreciate that fact and am not gonna impose my way of doing things on someone out of principle. Again, the difference between inferior fi vs inferior fe.

Sometimes you just gotta let go and feel the music rather than cracking down on the fact that there are "too many notes".
    Hmmm? I am not sure why I was quoted. Not to be snappy, I am just confused. I personally have never complained about Ni meandering. Kalach is one of my favorite INTJs here because he says awesome things and refuses to explain.

I on the other hand am referring to displays of beligerent vocal arrogance (I know, I am one to talk, but there it is).
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Waiting to evolve Array Urarienev's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I just died
    Freedom isn't free.

I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate.

Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Eric

10w12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Hmmm? I am not sure why I was quoted. Not to be snappy, I am just confused. I personally have never complained about Ni meandering. Kalach is one of my favorite INTJs here because he says awesome things and refuses to explain.

I on the other hand am referring to displays of beligerent vocal arrogance (I know, I am one to talk, but there it is).
    Oh I sometimes quote people that are in the same conversation out of a sense of Te thoroughness lol.

I'm also happy you're back and want you to pay attention to meeeeee!!!

Ginkgo

Look at this cow.

It's probably been eaten by now.

Not to be the R.R. Martin here. Just sayin.
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh I sometimes quote people that are in the same conversation out of a sense of Te thoroughness lol.

I'm also happy you're back and want you to pay attention to meeeeee!!!

I am very happy to see you as well. You and your Te thouroughness!!!
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma