Thread: Why do people hate INTJs?

Unapologetic being Array Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@Coriolis playing devils advocate does not usually turn out very well unless irl.

On here people are much more apt to read into it as me having bad intentions or at the very least thinking that I actually believe in some crazy idea...without me actually saying I believe this:_______.

So how do you personally go about playing devil's advocate without someone jumping down your throat? Or maybe you don't care that they're jumping to conclusions?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    @Coriolis playing devils advocate does not usually turn out very well unless irl.

On here people are much more apt to read into it as me having bad intentions or at the very least thinking that I actually believe in some crazy idea...without me actually saying I believe this:_______.

So how do you personally go about playing devil's advocate without someone jumping down your throat? Or maybe you don't care that they're jumping to conclusions?
    Its just going to happen and I'd get used to it.

A lot of the people visiting forums online dont have the offline experience of discussing things or anyone playing devils advocate, a hell of a lot of them, in my experience, dont do it with themselves, they'll seek validation, reinforcement and support rather than challenges, alternatives and new thinking. That's what visiting a forum is about. Cheer leading. Back slapping. "circle jerks".

Besides playing devils advocate, what if you simply dont agree or cant agree with what's being discussed? Do you just shut the fuck up? Is that giving whoever is having their say a realistic view of life? How do you think they're going to deal or handle it when they eventually come up against someone who doesnt agree with them? And what social implications run from that?

Unapologetic being Array Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Its just going to happen and I'd get used to it.

A lot of the people visiting forums online dont have the offline experience of discussing things or anyone playing devils advocate, a hell of a lot of them, in my experience, dont do it with themselves, they'll seek validation, reinforcement and support rather than challenges, alternatives and new thinking. That's what visiting a forum is about. Cheer leading. Back slapping. "circle jerks".

Besides playing devils advocate, what if you simply dont agree or cant agree with what's being discussed? Do you just shut the fuck up? Is that giving whoever is having their say a realistic view of life? How do you think they're going to deal or handle it when they eventually come up against someone who doesnt agree with them? And what social implications run from that?
    Well if I don't see something the same as someone, in general I don't think I'm responsible for thier realistic view of life. Normally I just say we will have to agree to disagree...if they don't want to do that then that's their problem. And yea I will just ignore them at that point. Cause by then I have realized they're just trying to ruffle my feathers.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I just rated this thread of my own creation 1 star.

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Seems that volume of poo directly varies with presence of Te.
    As to which poo stinks the most - dominant, or auxiliary? More research required.
    Personally I don't think it's the Te so much as Te at the mercy of some inferior impulse.

The poo of inferior/unconscious impulses is not a biased poo, preferential to one type or another. It is a poo of equal opportunities.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

morose bourgeoisie Array
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I love you, Kalach.
    But no one loves you back...so sad.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't hate INTJs. I hate the attitude that some self typed INTJ have that they are *objectively superior* to others, with a laughably subjective and juvenile dismissal of other types of intelligence or skill sets.

I also hate when they think everything that they think and feel is objectively correct. Like when they are using Fi but lie to themselves that it is Te.

I often get the sensation of arguments with INTJ like looking into a distorted fun house mirror of myself...like my own love of detailed facts and stubborn Fi ethics thrown back at me with the showy grandiosity of inferior Se (don't get me started on how INTJ men online seem most unrealistically critical of women's physical appearance but then cry because they are not getting enough , I recently had a conversation with a 49 yo INTJ who expected me to empathize that his ex stopped having sex with him in resistance to a diet and exercise program he imposed on her so she could lose twelve whole pounds, claiming twelve pounds was about her "health" if you can even believe that).

So for me it's a recognition of own irritating flaws, but viewed half backwards in a way that makes me want to throw my hands up in the air, like, "how can they not see it??? Its soo clear to me!"

my floof is luxury Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    unlike ENTJs, they will constantly leave people guessing what they are really thinking. ()
    Oh yeah? What am I thinking right now? Huh huh HUH???
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

#phreephobik

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Oh yeah? What am I thinking right now? Huh huh HUH???

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    But you can articulate that into something that's sort of graspable by someone else. It's a little "out there" maybe, but if I pause for a moment, I can see how it works. I just have to use a different lens. I think the ability to do this is dependent on how comfortable/skilled a Ni dom is with their Thinking function, whether it's introverted or extraverted. INFJs have a Thinking function too.

But yes, some Ni doms seem equally incomprehensible to me that way, but the interesting thing to me is that they tend to be INTJs, not INFJs. Perhaps as an introverted function, the thinking function of an INFJ is easier to access.

So, INTJs I can't understand is maybe another evil of the world I blame on Introverted Feeling, like traffic jams, mosquitoes and peanut butter.
    Well, immature or unhealthy Fi (so possibly Fi in tertiary form, where it is child like and overestimated) can come across as tyrranical, petty, meglomaniacal, self absorbed, et al.

I have probably said that already in this thread if it's old, but it is probably relevant to what you just said here, to some extent.

Page 18 of 104 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast