User Tag List

Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate INTJs?

Infinite Bubble

People don't hate INTJs, just the negative traits that are wrongly attributed to them.

Analytical Dreamer Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    But the trick of the process that does it is explanatory richness. So let us move away from this "dots" notion. Dots are for amateurs and Ne users. The trick of Ni is both the appearance and what lies beneath. To make up a better story of what explains an appearance you need an abstraction from every dot you've ever seen and an ability to weigh relevance, or to create it. That relevance criterion is where evidence and the meaning of experience comes in, because you're explaining an appearance
    The dots are just fodder, the raw materials. The important and distinguishing part is what Ni does with them. Other people preferring other functions will try to link dots in different ways, not all of which make sense or are useful. This accounts for many of those textbooks and novels.

People hate INTJs because we're the nice stable pleasant bad boys. We are the Back Street Boys of typology. ISTPs get tattoos. We get legitimate bankroll. Or some of us do, anyway.
    Some of us aren't even boys.

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    INTJs are house cats. So many delusions of viciousness, perceived envy from others, and predatory superiority....

...yet so adorable! Awwwww!
    Either you are joking, or you are really an ENFP in disguise.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Honestly, I' d like to hear an answer to this as well.
    If you hate us because we' re not bubbly, fluffy and short - sighted, you should know we don' t really like the personality you prefer either.
    If you hate us because you consider us cheaters, there is difference between resourcefulness and cheating.
    If you hate us because we' re rational and not feely, I see nothing wrong about rationality, even otherwise, it helps me to make a wise decicion instead of a rash one.
    If you hate us because we are determined and do not exchange our goals for sentiments, look at yourself: you' re ready to throw out something you dreamed about for a long time just because your sentiments take over and then blame it on destiny( which I don' t believe in, I only believe in circumstances and that they must be fought in order to achieve something) , you just don' t have guts to get a grip of yourself, and even your sentiments and feelings are not permanent( because if I dream of something, I won' t stop dreaming about it until I achieve it, I put all my efforts, brain and skills into it, I do not fear challenges and obstacles, and if the goal requires it, I will go on even if the chances are close to zero) .
    If you hate us because we' re cold and heartless, you' re so deepy wrong about this. I may not show it, and I might seem emotionless or socially awkward, but I do have a heart and I can feel as much as any other person. it' s more about the way I feel. I' m not feeling dominant, so I may not use feeling for information perceptions, but when I feel, it' s either nothing or an emotional volcano, there is no between. My mind is rarely overriden by emotions, and I do not spend my feeling energy on the small things, but on the big ones. I don' t care how tasteless your dress/ hairstyle/ make up is, but if I see you as a corrupt, greedy and empty b*tch, inside I will be disgusted by you more than by the ugliest person in the world. I don' t care about what you wear, your strange habits, other things society considers weird, it' s more your mind and your soul that I care about.
    If you hate us just because we have an unusual morality and don' t live up to the society' s standards, excuse me, but these standards were made up by people as imperfect and incorrect as I am, so why should I live up to them when I can make my own? And who in general is to set the right and wrong? I have my own morality, and I will accept yours as long as you accept mine.
    I' ve also seen INTPs getting a similar kind of hate when I was browsing the INTP forums( since I typed myself wrong and thought of myself as of an INTP for a long time) , but it' s slightly different. I guess all NTs get that to some extent in an xSFx - dominated world.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Because at first glance, INTJs tend to be stand-offish and give off a sense of superiority behind their Te-walls.
    That's not how I would describe a video of Provoker. He had a Darth Vader helmet over his head while talking about INTJs. It's not exactly an image one forgets. (But it was good for a few laughs.)
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Yo homie, how dare you bring truth to the table!!! (j/k)

This is kinda actually exciting, that they were able to use typology in a practical and tangible way.
    it is, but i don't think dario nardi's work has sowballed yet to the point of a wide spread scrutiny and crique within the scientific community. we'll have to wait and see to what extents the experiments are replicable, and under what leeway (which is always a problem with studies involving humans).

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Ni improves instead simply as those dots accumulate, because operating on increasing number and variety of dots is what exercises it, much as other methods exercise other functions and abilities.
    that's pretty close to what i am saying (sort of - though no nitpicking is required of yet).

but this:
    The accumulation of dots happens just by living.
    not quite - the accumulation of dots happens through the mental registration of those dots (Se).

you see where i am going with this?

Introverted process, yo. Creating the narrative that connects the dots proceeds separated from any given discrete dot. The dots such as they are don't always provide the information about what's in between the dots, but it's exactly those in-betweens that are subject to and get developed by Ni.

WE JUST MAKE IT ALL UP!!! Well, some of it, anyway.
    so once there's a line between two dots - a 3rd one can be created anywhere along it for further connections from which to draw another connection to another dot.

i believe this is what superunknown was addressing earlier - am i missing on the the sort of INTJish "it's funny because in a way it's kind of true but not quite but also it actually is" half-sarcasm?

The dots are just fodder, the raw materials. The important and distinguishing part is what Ni does with them. Other people preferring other functions will try to link dots in different ways, not all of which make sense or are useful. This accounts for many of those textbooks and novels.
    that's.. interesting.
    1. you interpret other functions as failed attempts at Ni?
    2. you attribute Ni failures to those functions?

Dots are for amateurs and Ne users.
    Ne doesn't give a shit about the dots - our toys are the silhouettes.

btw - in regards to the OP - i have known far more INTJs that have earned my respect a dozen times over then INTJs i disliked... actually probably only one or two of the later.

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's not how I would describe a video of Provoker. He had a Darth Vader helmet over his head while talking about INTJs. It's not exactly an image one forgets. (But it was good for a few laughs.)
    Never did see it, but that mustve been fun

It's just what I've observed when I meet them in the wild. I have to admit that they get especially this way when introduced to a new group (vs one person) where they don't know anyone and it's a social ambiance; not a business-like one. I find that they are more at ease than me when it involves professional interaction whereas I'm a lot more comfortable with a casual, social thing, which is where they seem to freeze up more
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

It's just what I've observed when I meet them in the wild. I have to admit that they get especially this way when introduced to a new group (vs one person) where they don't know anyone and it's a social ambiance

Is this your idea of an INTJ introducing himself to a new group?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...roduction.html

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Is this your idea of an INTJ introducing himself to a new group?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...roduction.html
    Omg, he mustve been high on Se that day

Mine only gets that way after he's had a bit to drink. I think the level of introversion probably also plays a part, as I believe Z even typed as an ENTJ for a while

And yeah, I'm not talking about the internet where INTs feel like fish in water; I'm talking about the great outdoors, kitty
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Omg, he mustve been high on Se that day

Mine only gets that way after he's had a bit to drink. I think the level of introversion probably also plays a part, as I believe Z even typed as an ENTJ for a while

And yeah, I'm not talking about the internet where INTs feel like fish in water; I'm talking about the great outdoors, kitty
    He just turned 30. It's a belated hazing.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Because everyone loves Thomas Edison and everyone hates Nikola Tesla.

Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast