User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

2 cents... declarations of affection are pretty serious IMO. It feels embarrassing to portray them as flighty, like it's an awkward act or something. But everyone is different.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I express positive emotions and feelings of regard for people I like all the time. It doesn't mean anything heavy.

We are not all alike.

We do not all want the same things.

Strangers can't solve your relationship problems for you. Not even (especially) INTP strangers.

Talking about your SO on an online forum is disloyal and cringeworthy, IMO.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    How old are both of you?

Ti vs Fi, and Te vs Fe, are very difficult obstacles to overcome in a relationship, in my opinion. Not to say it can't be done, but there is a certain level of maturity and understanding required if you're both going to meet one another's needs. The distance could very well be a blessing for the time being.

I'd say that the 3 big things an INTP needs from a mate are acceptance, space, and mostly positive vibes.
    Age range for us is mid to late 20's.

Thanks.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    How old are both of you?

Ti vs Fi, and Te vs Fe, are very difficult obstacles to overcome in a relationship, in my opinion. Not to say it can't be done, but there is a certain level of maturity and understanding required if you're both going to meet one another's needs.
    Agreed.

I've found two ENTP's in real life (one was a friend, the other is a coworker) both are with Fi/Te users, an ISFP and an INFP respectively. I think one of the benefits of a NFP + NTP relationship is the shared Ne/Si.

The longest conversations I've ever had with another male has been with NTPs. We're talking (pun intended) several hours. This is a good thing. Nothing like running around in circles conversationally with someone who sees you jumping around and not only keeps up but bounces the ball back your way with a different spin.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Hmm, but INFP and INTP are like best buds. If there is some attraction, it might work, but if the attraction dies out then it will be back to best buddies. It is supposed to be a very friendly atmosphere, interesting and never boring, unless the OP is really an ENFP and then the OP might find themselves in a position where the INTP is always at the top of the hierarchy instead of an equal ground. Which would probably mean the ENFP is nagging at the INTP who has seemingly got nothing to lose, don't care attitude.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Hmm, but INFP and INTP are like best buds. If there is some attraction, it might work, but if the attraction dies out then it will be back to best buddies. It is supposed to be a very friendly atmosphere, interesting and never boring, unless the OP is really an ENFP and then the OP might find themselves in a position where the INTP is always at the top of the hierarchy instead of an equal ground. Which would probably mean the ENFP is nagging at the INTP who has seemingly got nothing to lose, don't care attitude.

In that case I hope I'm not an ENFP...sometimes I like to think I'm an ENFP because I can do public speaking and people have said I inspire them, but I have never once tested as one. I pretty much test INFP across the board, though once I tested ESFJ.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post

In that case I hope I'm not an ENFP...sometimes I like to think I'm an ENFP because I can do public speaking and people have said I inspire them, but I have never once tested as one. I pretty much test INFP across the board, though once I tested ESFJ.
    ENFPs are the best

Dont listen to what he says, he doesent have a clue
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

It can be like that between the INTP and ENFP unless they are in a relationship or develop a friendship. ENFPs can be as annoying as they can be awesome. Either way, the INTP wouldn't be doing it on purpose, they'd just be acting as they are. Unless the ENFP is especially annoying (pushing too hard for the INTP to open up, projecting BS, talking too much, etc), in which case the INTP would obviously be trying to get away..

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post

p.s. If all NTs apply the scientific method to the bedroom the same as my INTP does I have no idea why you guys aren't way more popular than you are! Actually, I don't know why everyone doesn't love you; I'm still baffled that no one had snatched up my awesome INTP...
    We're like complicatedly wrapped candy. It takes a while to get to the good stuff. People don't have the patience for us these days.

I want to know how can I best serve my INTP. What are some things that INTPs are looking for in relationships, particularly ones with feelers, that I can provide (if I'm not already)? Also, is there any way I can ease the pain/difficulty of the distance?
    You can best serve an INTP in a relationship by being honest about your feelings. We may be awkward socially inept creatures at times, but we do pick up on most things. When met with unexplained worries or hesitation our brains will wreak havoc. Talking does a lot of good. Outsourcing your worries to third parties when concerning INTP's is not very good. (If it's about an issue you've tried to work out but can't with said INTP, it's different, but give him the benefit of the doubt first before you look elsewhere for answers. )

^ Especially in long distance relationships.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf