User Tag List

Thread: Organisation and planning tools

Default Organisation and planning tools

So what do you use? What are the best?

I use diaries, notebooks and tend to make to do lists and record dates on a massive wall chart which I consult most days, at least each night and morning, I've been trying to get more and more organised so that I can plan weeks and months in advance but sometimes work or life results in the unexpected and enough of the unexpected and I can get tired and wary of planning things too far ahead.

I was thinking of material tools, such as diaries, card indexes and stuff like that when I began to write this thread but now that I think about it I mean apps for the phone too, also tricks or lifehacks too like buying christmas cards during the january sales and writing them for the following year.

I use..

Out Of Milk for shopping lists, pantry master lists, etc.
    Evernote for everything.
    I'm trying out reQall too. I don't have an opinion on that just yet.

We have a family command center in the mudroom where everything from keys to backpacks to mail, calender, phones...etc. That works very well.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

I have a 3-month laminated wall calendar at home, on which I write with dry-erase markers. Also a small pocket planner I keep in my briefcase. On my computer, I use Tomboy Notes to manage to-do and other lists. Otherwise one of my best organizational tools is good personal habits.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

A piece of paper to jot notes, a brain always working to simplify and condense what I have to do, and a superior memory of what I have to do. If you need something more than a piece of paper to organize yourself, then what you are doing isn't clear/simple enough yet. Then again, I'm a perceiver all the way, but I think there is something to be learned here.