User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I hardly need tell you Australia wishes the Ukraine well.

However President Putin wants Russia to become a world power once again. To do this he needs the Ukraine.

If President Putin fails to get the Ukraine, his dream of Russia as a world power is over.

On the other hand Western Europe can take the Ukraine or leave it, whatever the Ukraine decides, it won't affect the European Union.

Australia is an island Continent and we have no borders with any nation.

Although, I confide in you, we have a stone fort in the middle of Sydney Harbour to defend against the Russian Fleet. The Russin Fleet never came, and we are left with this lovely little stone fort in the middle of one of the most beautiful harbours in the world.

We wish you well but the Ukrainian people have some very difficult decisions to make.
    World power? What are you smoking? There is no way one can get world power. And Ukraine isn' t the only country with resources. Also, our atomic weapons have been dismantled long time ago, so we don' t have any weaponry. Even if Russia wanted to dominate the world, we wouldn' t be any good to them. Beides, don' t you think other countries would approve it if they found out Russians have a plan to dominate the world? The only country that can at least try to dominate the world right now is China, according to the size of their army and the amount of weapons they have.

Also, if you are so sure about what you say, explain me how exactly greed leads to prosperity? You keep repeating that, but with no further explananation? Are you sure you understood that book? Or maybe you' re just trying to advertise something you didn' t read/ don' t understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    World power? What are you smoking? There is no way one can get world power. And Ukraine isn' t the only country with resources. Also, our atomic weapons have been dismantled long time ago, so we don' t have any weaponry. Even if Russia wanted to dominate the world, we wouldn' t be any good to them. Beides, don' t you think other countries would approve it if they found out Russians have a plan to dominate the world? The only country that can at least try to dominate the world right now is China, according to the size of their army and the amount of weapons they have.

Also, if you are so sure about what you say, explain me how exactly greed leads to prosperity? You keep repeating that, but with no further explananation? Are you sure you understood that book? Or maybe you' re just trying to advertise something you didn' t read/ don' t understand?
    Putin regrets the loss of the Soviet Union which was a world power. And Putin wants Russia to be a world power once again. I am not saying Putin wants to dominate the world, I am saying he wants Russia to be one world power among equals.

And the second point: when we had a spoken culture we thought intuitively and so we intuitively thought greed was bad and called it usury and blamed it on the Jews.

However when we invented universal literacy we started to think counter intuitively and it became plain that greed through the charging of interest and compound interest drove the capitalist, industrial machine.

And so we moved from intuitive usury to counter-intuitive interest. However this only works with regulation and competition.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

To reiterate my response to the OP: This thread operates on a false premise, that hunger can be solved.

It can't be for the same reason that poverty can't be solved.

These kind of issues can only be mitigated.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Will post this in the NF forum too- but knowing we have the capacity as a planet and human species to END world hunger, and knowing that children die every day, and knowing we can forecast that more will die tomorrow, next month, next year etc- why don't we solve it?

Is it greed?
    Is it apathy?
    Is is racism?
    Is it stupidity?
    http://www.amazon.com/Conflict-Visio...140292&sr=1-25

http://www.amazon.com/All-Trouble-Wo...9140700&sr=1-9
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    To reiterate my response to the OP: This thread operates on a false premise, that hunger can be solved.

It can't be for the same reason that poverty can't be solved.

These kind of issues can only be mitigated.
    Amen! Why don't we talk about how Google is giving third world countries WiFi balloons? If you can't have food, WiFi is a second best. Ethernet cords are such a hassle.

MBTI
    INTP

Will post this in the NF forum too- but knowing we have the capacity as a planet and human species to END world hunger, and knowing that children die every day, and knowing we can forecast that more will die tomorrow, next month, next year etc- why don't we solve it?

Is it greed?
    Is it apathy?
    Is is racism?
    Is it stupidity?

Should "nature take it's course" and people should starve to level off the population?

Or should we do something about it knowing that we can?
    Why haven't we solved the world hunger?

A good question: It is implicit in your question we can. I agree. So why don't we?

If we can solve hunger within a single nation, we can do it worldwide.

It is not only Sweden. The United States had taken measures in the direction of Sweden in the 30s and again in the 60s. The tide was not ultimately turned until Reagan took office.

It is not the number of the population. Only 10 per cent of the land areal suitable to irrigation is currently in use.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Why haven't we solved the world hunger?

A good question: It is implicit in your question we can. I agree. So why don't we?

If we can solve hunger within a single nation, we can do it worldwide.

It is not only Sweden. The United States had taken measures in the direction of Sweden in the 30s and again in the 60s. The tide was not ultimately turned until Reagan took office.

It is not the number of the population. Only 10 per cent of the land areal suitable to irrigation is currently in use.
    I agree with the population. And the suggestion that nations whose populace have too many kids should stop having too many kids. If they are reproducing, then nature is essentially saying that it's okay that they do. Saying that it's population is a cop out for greed.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post

i`m gonna guess you`re 16 !
    am i right? am i ?

MBTI
    INTp

If they are reproducing, then nature is essentially saying that it's okay that they do. Saying that it's population is a cop out for greed.
    Only if they are feeding themselves. If they are starving then that is nature saying they've over done it. Nature will sort out the issue if left to it's own devices.

If you have 10 children, should I spend my day laboring from dawn to dusk to feed those children if you can't? Am I greedy for not being enthusiastic about spending my life energy in this fashion?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    Only if they are feeding themselves. If they are starving then that is nature saying they've over done it. Nature will sort out the issue if left to it's own devices.

If you have 10 children, should I spend my day laboring from dawn to dusk to feed those children if you can't? Am I greedy for not being enthusiastic about spending my life energy in this fashion?
    No- I do not think you should personally labor dawn till dusk to feed my 10 children.
    But in the grand scheme of things, we are a greedy human animal.
    But I have religious beliefs surrounding all of this- so I can't really use that as an argument in a public forum like this. But my personal beliefs tell me that we are on a test / journey in this life. And feeding the poor is part of what is commanded of us. If I can give a cup of rice, than I should give a cup. If you can give a barrel- you should give a barrel. Everyone should do their share.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8