User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Umm, YLJ, if we're supposed to be going to the hospital, why are we stuck in a McDonald's drive through line?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Well, the population could be divided into three or four groups.

1. the Know-it-all men and women like BlueWing who are authorities on the topic.

2. the intermediate learners who try to learn and understand

3. the intermediate learners who use it to generalise and don't go into detail a whole lot

4. the ones who doesn't seem to know a lot at all

The largest group seems to be 3 and 4, and the 4's doesn't always understand and will usually agree with group 3 because it is simple.

Now, imagine the trouble this can create?
    Let's say that a 3 really HATES an ENFJ and puts up a big ol' tirade about why. Then the 4 will agree that what said ENFJ has done is just shitty, then that will spread dislike of ENFJ's. Just an example.
    That really helps! It's also why I posted the notes on great ENTJs (which was all gospel truth...)--because I think it's so key to stop stereotyping. Good for business since it's really tough to start a team building session where someone says, "I hate type--last person who did this (or on the internet I read) said all ISTJs are geeks." That's a direct quote, actually. Oh well...

edcoaching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Do you deliberately avoid talking to certain types? Why?
    No. I dislike certain peope not certain types. But it is true that there can be more annoying people in some types than in others. (But it's all down to type-type dynamics. I don't mingle as well with some types but I know a person in every type that I actually like in real life.) Mostly I like to give everybody a chance and I like most people I meet, at first anyway.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

This is a part of MBTI that i've found quite frustrating. At least since I pretty much got confirmed as an ENTJ. When my tag said ESTP people actually were a lot nicer, but now people seldom respond to anything I write. Not to whine too much, but i've found myself asking if it's really worth sticking around anymore.

To go ahead and defend myself a little, I think you've only posted once or twice in any thread that I've been involved in while I have been here. Therefore I have had little opportunity, short of actively seeking you out, to engage in conversation with you. It has nothing to do with your type, at least where I am concerned.
    Last edited by Orangey; 07-08-2008 at 03:11 AM.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It's not your type change. If I had to guess I'd say ESTPs (as a type) would be more disliked here than ENTJs (and certainly less common...have we ever even had a real, active ESTP?). I don't think I've seen a thread complaining about any N type, actually. And I highly doubt anyone many people here would actively avoid talking to someone because of his or her professed type.

The forum has a distinctly different atmosphere now, though. It isn't only you. Summer, maybe, or maybe (probably) just forum evolution.
    Good points Random. Actually I have been battling with whether I am E/ISTP, and responses to my inquiries here have been well greeted. I think that someone hit the nail on the head as to whether one's writing behavior has anything to do with responses. Surely if I confirm once and for all that I am ESTP, I would think that this group has the intelligence and maturity to know whether they were treating my posts and threads differently. I just don't see it. As for the initiator of this thread. I popped in to the Youtube thread on varied types. I recall just briefly hearing one self-proclaimed ENTJ speak and was immediately turned off. Since I can't recall ever responding to some of the authors post, I can say that we just travel in different circles even under the microcosm of this forum.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Personally I tend to read more posts from my type and types I am interested in. It's not because I hate the other types or anything like that. It's just because I don't have all day to read every post on the interesting threads, so I read the posts from the types that usually help me. I still sometimes read about types I don't relate to or tend to dislike. Now, am I blocking out possible insight from other types? I guess so, but I think my way is more efficient.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTJ

This is a part of MBTI that i've found quite frustrating. At least since I pretty much got confirmed as an ENTJ. When my tag said ESTP people actually were a lot nicer, but now people seldom respond to anything I write. Not to whine too much, but i've found myself asking if it's really worth sticking around anymore.

There are a few personality types that seem to recieve a lot of scorn over here, like the ESTJ, ENTJ, ESFJ and a few others. I'm not talking about the general "hate an ENFP?" threads, i'm talking about asymmetrical dislike against certain types among the users.

Sometimes I wish I was an INFJ or INTP or at least something that people generally like.
    The type of people that will value you are not the type that are into personality theories and/or spend time on internet forums

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    The type of people that will value you are not the type that are into personality theories and/or spend time on internet forums
    Hmm.. I would believe most ENTPs to generally greatly appreciate ENTJs, tho everything is situational

We do like personality theories, don't we
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    ...says the ENTJ with 751 posts...

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Hmm.. I would believe most ENTPs to generally greatly appreciate ENTJs, tho everything is situational

We do like personality theories, don't we
    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    ...says the ENTJ with 751 posts...

You like to contradict ENTJ's though