• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Judging people on MBTI alone?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ENTJs are some of my favorite people.

You're no exception, Maverick.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You like to contradict ENTJ's though ;)
My good friends INTJs seem to be most friendly and contradicting people. They have often opposed the theories I have advocated, like technical analysis in financial planning, only to accept my theories after I've forgotten about them.

My psychologist friend wondered about the last one when I told about it. Said he didn't notice :D

I guess there are a lot of times when I'm opposing people's theories as well. I don't have my sig for nothing :D

Perhaps being disagreeable is just another processing method, not a sign of disrespect.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I've grown quite fond of half a dozen or so members. I don't think there's two of the same type.

I really don't think it's important.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
My good friends INTJs seem to be most friendly and contradicting people. They have often opposed the theories I have advocated, like technical analysis in financial planning, only to accept my theories after I've forgotten about them.

My psychologist friend wondered about the last one when I told about it. Said he didn't notice :D

I guess there are a lot of times when I'm opposing people's theories as well. I don't have my sig for nothing :D

Perhaps being disagreeable is just another processing method, not a sign of disrespect.

Disagreeableness and skepticism play an important role in the balance of society because we need skeptics to smack the optimists in the backs of their heads and tell them that their ideas won't work.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

That's fine, I much prefer disagreeable over agreeable people, especially if their arguments are sound. I do not like wishy-washy stuff

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm disturbed when people agree with me too much -- it always makes me think they're trying to sell me something.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
This is a part of MBTI that i've found quite frustrating. At least since I pretty much got confirmed as an ENTJ. When my tag said ESTP people actually were a lot nicer, but now people seldom respond to anything I write. Not to whine too much, but i've found myself asking if it's really worth sticking around anymore.

There are a few personality types that seem to recieve a lot of scorn over here, like the ESTJ, ENTJ, ESFJ and a few others. I'm not talking about the general "hate an ENFP?" threads, i'm talking about asymmetrical dislike against certain types among the users.

Do you deliberately avoid talking to certain types? Why?

Sometimes I wish I was an INFJ or INTP or at least something that people generally like.

No way man, but I share the sentiment with you.

It might just be me and a crazy, self-fulfilling observation, but I seem to have seen in the past that people who "change" types have not only been treated differently, but acted differently as well.

It might be a bias from me as an observer -- but in any case, I have to give you props, Jesus, as being one of the few who (from what I've seen) hasn't changed all that much since changing types.

I've been reevaluating my own type, and have just dropped the whole thing so as to avoid something like that.

PS: Don't leave. :(

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Lol,

Hellz-to-the-no I don't!!!

I avoid those members who happen to have their heads firmly lodged up their asses, because such members, I've noticed, tend to consistently produce nothing more than a delusional and hatefully-imbued pile of excrement or, "thought-poo", if you will.

I'm an equal-opportunity misanthrope and hence find *most* people, of any and all types, to be appropriately avoidable.

But YLJ, for what it's worth, I think you kick ass!!!

:smooch:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sweet jesus. Myself *erhm*.
Thanks for all the posts, i'm just checking in right now, i'll answer all of it when I have a few hours to spare, kind of in a hurry right now :) Thanks again!

heart

heart on fire
This has nothing at all to do with Jesus personally, it is not about him. Just a comment in general about judging people on type alone: I have to admit when there are people posting as T, but their posting style just screams of F and then at some point they make condescending comments about F's, I lose all patience with them.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This has nothing at all to do with Jesus personally, it is not about him. Just a comment in general about judging people on type alone: I have to admit when there are people posting as T, but their posting style just screams of F and then at some point they make condescending comments about F's, I lose all patience with them.
You NFs are such whiners!

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I wouldn't mind betting there's a few unbalanced people here. I don't expect too much consistency.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm disturbed when people agree with me too much -- it always makes me think they're trying to sell me something.

Yep, I too get suspicious when people get too nice. At least if they're not family. My two primary best friends are ENFJ and INTJ, the latter I need a lot because he tends to take me down to earth very swiftly with various "House"-like humor/insults :D That's the most blatantly honest/rude person I've ever met. And trust me, it's needed. If he wouldn't surprise me so much every time, i'd so kick his ass :D

No way man, but I share the sentiment with you.

It might just be me and a crazy, self-fulfilling observation, but I seem to have seen in the past that people who "change" types have not only been treated differently, but acted differently as well.

It might be a bias from me as an observer -- but in any case, I have to give you props, Jesus, as being one of the few who (from what I've seen) hasn't changed all that much since changing types.

I've been reevaluating my own type, and have just dropped the whole thing so as to avoid something like that.

PS: Don't leave. :(

Yeah. But I think it's pretty strange that the same person could act so differently. Maybe we all change our way of being a few times..?

Lol,

Hellz-to-the-no I don't!!!

I avoid those members who happen to have their heads firmly lodged up their asses, because such members, I've noticed, tend to consistently produce nothing more than a delusional and hatefully-imbued pile of excrement or, "thought-poo", if you will.

I'm an equal-opportunity misanthrope and hence find *most* people, of any and all types, to be appropriately avoidable.

But YLJ, for what it's worth, I think you kick ass!!!

:smooch:

Dude, you always crack me up :smile: Thanks!

A little, actually. Gotta admit I was gonna whine only, but I did something utilitarian with it at the same time. :D

You NFs are such whiners!

This is "throwing stones in glass houses" at it's finest :smile:
I bet our dear Heart will be waiting in ambush for you some day with an arsenal of sharp objects at her disposal =P

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is "throwing stones in glass houses" at it's finest :smile:
I bet our dear Heart will be waiting in ambush for you some day with an arsenal of sharp objects at her disposal =P
I have never whined in my life! :jesus:

Plus, I hear heart throws like a girl.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
indeed :D

But I bet she thrusts like a man :D

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I don't.

I can't, actually, since I'm terrible at typing other people.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't.

I can't, actually, since I'm terrible at typing other people.

The question was more meant for the forum people. Not regarding real life.
Do you treat people differently because of their label on the forum? That is the question spelled out for you.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
The question was more meant for the forum people. Not regarding real life.
Do you treat people differently because of their label on the forum? That is the question spelled out for you.

Ah, ok.

No. I don't notice others' type labels half the time anyway.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't really think I treat people differently because of type. I don't know you that well, but I think I treat everyone about the same. I tend to be selfish and focus more on myself than others on here, but I think that's because I don't focus on my shit in real life, so my blog is probably one big emo fest.

*if I'm wrong and I do treat people differently, I'd love to know so I can have a chance to defend myself.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No need to take it personally, purple chickens ;) Love that nickname, by the way :D And those bananas made me laugh :smile: The one up front looks like it's getting something up it's yellow a** while the other one is smirking like a pervert :D