User Tag List

First 12345 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Really? Many people view ENTJ as the evil boss-type that will fuck up your day beyond recognition. Seems to be a generally accepted view.
    While i'm quite good at being a pain in the ass, I try to avoid that. ESTP on the other hand is portrayed as the classical Joey-kind of guy that will make you laugh and/or try to get into your pants while drinking half the content in a fairly well-sized bar I love ESTP's.
    Don't forget, you're complaining about not being listened to, rather than not being liked (both of which are subjective anyway but that's not really the point). If anything I'd expect people to pay less attention to an ESTP's intellectual ideas because they tend to be stereotyped as the crazy frat-boy type without a brain.

What has changed in your opinion? It's hard to pinpoint.
    Different people posting with different posting frequencies and even different topics - different ingredients and cooking times leads to a different cake (or sometimes one that fails to rise...).

It's nothing specific, but it's clear to me that the forum has a different "feel" to it from a few months ago....which is turn, was different from a few months before that, which is why I suspect it's just forum evolution. Some people may prefer the new feel, and I suspect many do.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Well, i'd rather have an ESTP or ENTP beside me in a crisis situation than just about any other type. They tend to be quite good at tactical scenarios, if we are to believe behaviourism. My strategy planning is way greater than my tactical skills. Even if I stay composed, a fairly intelligent ESTP would best me any day at anything from a paintball tournament to taking care of wounded people at a car crash site.
    (tactical = short term (action), Strategy = long term/big plans. You probably knew that but I write it just to clarify). They're not all airheads

Well, I hope it will change again. It probably will change hundreds of times more, some for better or worse depending on the beholder. Thanks for your input.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well, I hope it will change again. It probably will change hundreds of times more, some for better or worse depending on the beholder. Thanks for your input.
    Since I'm really new to the forum I'm curious as to what has changed. A lot of people seem to have pretty good type knowledge, a lot of the threads on "help me figure out my type" seem to actually be good advice, and I also note a lot of stereotyping/slams on some parts of the forum (which I'm staying out of posting on...) that doesn't help the cause a whole lot.

edcoaching

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Well, the population could be divided into three or four groups.

1. the Know-it-all men and women like BlueWing who are authorities on the topic.

2. the intermediate learners who try to learn and understand

3. the intermediate learners who use it to generalise and don't go into detail a whole lot

4. the ones who doesn't seem to know a lot at all

The largest group seems to be 3 and 4, and the 4's doesn't always understand and will usually agree with group 3 because it is simple.

Now, imagine the trouble this can create?
    Let's say that a 3 really HATES an ENFJ and puts up a big ol' tirade about why. Then the 4 will agree that what said ENFJ has done is just shitty, then that will spread dislike of ENFJ's. Just an example.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFJ

Now, imagine the trouble this can create?
    Let's say that a 3 really HATES an ENFJ and puts up a big ol' tirade about why. Then the 4 will agree that what said ENFJ has done is just shitty, then that will spread dislike of ENFJ's. Just an example.
    AAAAAARGH! *bangs head against wall*
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    AAAAAARGH! *bangs head against wall*
    Would you care to elaborate? :rolli: This actually made me smile.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Would you care to elaborate? :rolli: This actually made me smile.
    I would but I think I may have given myself a concussion...

May I explain it to you while you drive me to the emergency room?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I would but I think I may have given myself a concussion...

May I explain it to you while you drive me to the emergency room?
    Definitely XD Can't miss out on this I'm clueless! But it has probably something to do with me being an asshole of some kind

MBTI
    ENFJ

Definitely XD Can't miss out on this I'm clueless! But it has probably something to do with me being an asshole of some kind
    Well it's just that I hate it when people judge on type by just one specimen and the accuracy is going to be off if the person complaining is just guessing as to the person they're annoyed with's type and they're likely going to attribute it to shadow functions and it doesn't really make any sense and it's all just pointless.

Just because you can't understand the way someone works doesn't make them a bad person. Then again I'm one of those ruthlessly idealistic types, probably moreso than the INFPs.

I shouldn't fall asleep, right? Uuugh...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I hear ya. But this is actually what most people do, at least if they're beginners. And I hate it. Really hard. But it's that way about most forms of ignorance.

Disclaimer: If I have said stuff in the past wich can be taken for ignorance, feel free to assume that it wasn't. I say a lot of stuff because I believe in traditional morals, though. But that isn't necessarily the same thing.