First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    There are unpopular and well-liked types in individual's minds and in online communities. I think you are right about that. In one way it makes the presence of those under represented/under appreciated types more important. If you don't want to bother with that then I would suggest removing your type from your profile for a while or at least placing an X in certain categories to avoid singular pigeon-holing. MBTI does not address that much of who a person is and there are notable dichotomies within each type that the system doesn't begin to address. Oh well, just one more application for prejudicial thinking which is in place to simplify the world so people don't have to think.
    So, bottom line is that people avoid underrepresented types because they are odd birds in the chicken coop? Seems fair. And i've never been much of a quitter, so i'll probably stick around for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I've noticed this too and I have to admit that I'm not entirely unbiassed when it comes to xSFJs myself, but not to the extent that I would dismiss their posts. I actually do think that the labels might have different effects in that they might affect the way you act and the way other people react to you. P types in general seem to be appreciated more. It's a bit like the reverse of the physical world, I suppose.

*pets Jesus* :p
    Would that be regular or heavy petting? :rolli:

Back to the topic. I'm not unbiased myself, I avoid ISTJ's all I can, if it's not impossible to not recognize their general greatness. But at least I try to adress the issue and deal with it, think about the people behind the labels.
    Wish more people would do the same.
    You who have replied seem to have valid points, all of you. Thanks for the responses so far.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hum. I know an ENTJ.

I guess the thing that I notice most about her is that she's extremely cocky, but in a way she deserves it. She can be extremely helpful with stuff she knows, and she gets pretty scary when she's angry -- although, I've known plenty of INFPs who do that too, so that sort of thing isn't really limited to type...

I see her limitless energy and the speed and quality at which she writes and get pretty jealous.

I think what happens is that people read the profiles for ENTJs and they see 'conqueror', and that's kind of scary, when they don't even know how a 'conqueror' works.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's not your type change. If I had to guess I'd say ESTPs (as a type) would be more disliked here than ENTJs (and certainly less common...have we ever even had a real, active ESTP?). I don't think I've seen a thread complaining about any N type, actually. And I highly doubt anyone many people here would actively avoid talking to someone because of his or her professed type.

The forum has a distinctly different atmosphere now, though. It isn't only you. Summer, maybe, or maybe (probably) just forum evolution.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I don't avoid talking to you, but I don't think you've really talked to me either. Our interests and personalities don't seem to cross.
    Yes, and I bet I kinda got on the bad side of the mods, too. But I certainly wouldn't have anything against getting to know you. Your reasoning is - even if different than what i'm used to - pretty damn good. I respect you.

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    But then, who would solve my problems?
    Edcoaching
    Heh ^^

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Dude your thread is working!!
    Apparently! In true jesus spirit, I also send an apology your way due to some unpleasant words and other things that have come out of my loud mouth.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    nnnn

Would that be regular or heavy petting?
    And you ask why people ignore you. :p

MBTI
    ENFJ

Umm, the thing about SJs...

I like some of them as friends but I find them impossible to work with. They find my uncooperation as an affront and I find their insistence on cooperation as an affront. And then what happens is the whole thing degenerates into a good ol' game of fisticuffs.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    And you ask why people ignore you. :p
    Just my way of trying to be funny. Sometimes it's pretty much disastrous ^^

MBTI
    nnnn

Just my way of trying to be funny. Sometimes it's pretty much disastrous ^^
    I was trying to be funny too. :p Sarcasm for the win.

SFJs I find exceedingly hard to communicate with.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Half of all jokes/sarcasms actually contain some seriousness And my way of being can actually fuck things up pretty much Release me in a high society ballroom and people would soon starting to run for the exits Have a background as electrician on land and i've also been doing a ship electrician (sailor) thus the things that come out of my filthy sewer be pretty bad

Sorry for the long response time, my ISP is not functioning at 100% it seems

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It's not your type change. If I had to guess I'd say ESTPs (as a type) would be more disliked here than ENTJs (and certainly less common...have we ever even had a real, active ESTP?). I don't think I've seen a thread complaining about any N type, actually. And I highly doubt anyone many people here would actively avoid talking to someone because of his or her professed type.

The forum has a distinctly different atmosphere now, though. It isn't only you. Summer, maybe, or maybe (probably) just forum evolution.

Really? Many people view ENTJ as the evil boss-type that will fuck up your day beyond recognition. Seems to be a generally accepted view.
    While i'm quite good at being a pain in the ass, I try to avoid that. ESTP on the other hand is portrayed as the classical Joey-kind of guy that will make you laugh and/or try to get into your pants while drinking half the content in a fairly well-sized bar I love ESTP's.

And yeah... It's probably either of them or both. Kinda sad. What has changed in your opinion? It's hard to pinpoint.