• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do xNTJ's seem more xSFP-ish with age?

Sunny Ghost

I had read once that xNTJ's will seem more care free and xSFP-like :yay: :bunnyglee: :wizfreak: :fairy: as they age and develop their Fi and Se.

And vice versa: xSFP's will come off more xNTJ-like :rly???: :reading: :sage: :einstein2: as they develop their Ni and Te with age.

What do you guys think? Yes, no? Maybe so?

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
Lord, I hope not.. no offense to SFPs ;) I'm just content with NTJ

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I had read once that xNTJ's will seem more care free and xSFP-like :yay: :bunnyglee: :wizfreak: :fairy: as they age and develop their Fi and Se.

And vice versa: xSFP's will come off more xNTJ-like :rly???: :reading: :sage: :einstein2: as they develop their Ni and Te with age.

No.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Well, one of my dear ISFP friends is now 52 and she does not seem INTJ'ish in any way.

If anything, she is way more into embracing the Fi-Se. A little Te to make more of her dreams a reality would probably be helpful. She makes me look uber-organized, and that's saying a lot.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
No, unfortunately it's the opposite, they (we) will become more and more TJ-ish with age.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, unfortunately it's the opposite, they (we) will become more and more TJ-ish with age.

I agree. I can see that especially with ENTJs like Napoléon, Marlon Brando, Angelina Jolie, Alain Delon or Matt Damon, when they are younger they seem to be more in touch with their ISFP shadow: wild , romantic, sensitive, fragile, facetious, joking. But as they age they seem to move to a more unidimensional ENTJ style: touchy, cold, controlling, rigid, ambitious, visionnary.

It's especially true for the middle ages ENTJs, I think. A stressfull lifestyle, with a lot of responsabilities make the ISFP shadow useless, and the ENTJ style more necessary. The eldest ENTJs though, seem to reconect and be more in touch with their inferior Fi though, as they retire.

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not with age, but with alcohol.

Standuble

I'm not an NT but my observations suggest that FP become more TJ with age but TJ become more TJ. In the end Te is too damn useful a function and the more you train its use the easier your life will become. That's not to say that they won't necessarily train their FP functions. Fi is more useful as a supporting guide rather than an invisible hand. Although it isn't good at management or business (it can even be detrimental at times) a developed Fi as a known and understood quantity won't screw them around half as much as a subconscious Fi which is screaming out like a virtually inaudible white noise undermining their tactics or strategies without them ever knowing why.

But that is for the working TJ. A retired one will find time to relax and lazy days to take things slow.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I agree with this. Look at the these two sets of functions:

INTJ - Ni, Te, Fi, Se
ISFP - Fi, Se, Ni, Te

As one gets older, the tertiary and inferior functions generally become more differentiated and conscious - especially the tertiary. So yes, an INTJ will have developed Fi to a far greater extent, mellow out and not be quite as rigid and serious about things, taking stuff more as it comes, experiencing things in the moment without having to always plan or predict the future. The ISFP will have differentiated their Ni much more and will have a much stronger awareness of the potential insidiousness of inferior Te. Nardi specifically mentioned this in his studies that INTJ and ISFP brains look more similar as they become older. You're still going to be an INTJ or an ISFP - you're just going to soften and round out a bit and it will be harder for outsiders to type you. For those who resist this process, they become an exaggerated characterization of their type. It isn't necessarily attractive.

Note I used the INTJ/ISFP example and not INTJ/ESFP. Those two are closer to each other in function order.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I know a self-typed INTJ 60-year-old who has a tendency to be pretty loud and charismatic. Definite TJ, but there's still this weird ESFP vibe.