User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Life is about one upmanship and competing with boys? Someone forgot to forward me that memo... I thought life was about creating my own outcomes using my own intelligence and believing in my own abilities with no reference to gender at all.
    I think you are correct-INTJs dont seem to compete as much as dominate others unintentionally through rigid implementation of thier particular vision or solution and leave no room for alternatives. I suspect they always feel they are being reasonable, and they sort of bully others into compliance unfortuantely.

Life is about one upmanship and competing with boys? Someone forgot to forward me that memo... I thought life was about creating my own outcomes using my own intelligence and believing in my own abilities with no reference to gender at all.
    Of course it is, but we don't live in a vacuum, and whether we like it or not there are a lot of cultural assumptions tied to gender. Some of those we encounter from the outside, other people, but some are even within ourselves.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I would give some examples, but i suspect they would be a wall of text. This book actually did a very good job of talking about the patterns of behavior seen by different types and the particular stresses seen by female vs males of each type in the workplace:

http://www.amazon.com/Type-Talk-Work...rds=mbti+books
    I have read this, and don't remember that much about gender differences, but I no longer have access to a copy. Your original duplicate post mentioned something about the examples perhaps being offensive. Why is that? Were they based on speculation rather than factual observation? I was more interested in your own experiences in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Of course it is, but we don't live in a vacuum, and whether we like it or not there are a lot of cultural assumptions tied to gender. Some of those we encounter from the outside, other people, but some are even within ourselves.
    And some of us are better at identifying these assumptions, as well as more willing to question and reject them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    And some of us are better at identifying these assumptions, as well as more willing to question and reject them.
    Right. Like you say, identifying is a part of rejecting, instead of pretending they don't exist.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I got the memo, and shredded it.
    I think you are correct-INTJs dont seem to compete as much as dominate others unintentionally through rigid implementation of thier particular vision or solution and leave no room for alternatives. I suspect they always feel they are being reasonable, and they sort of bully others into compliance unfortuantely.
    So.... kicking ass quite literally then?

Your kid just sounds greedy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

WhoCares

Funniest thing I've ever read. An INTJ couldn't bully a kitten into a cardboard box! You do realise most people's reaction to an INTJ rigidly asserting their vision, is to clear the room.

WhoCares

Dupe post

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I've been living in a vacumn quite happily for the past 41yrs. Other people are only relevant if you make them so. Not everyone is a prisoner to other peoples expectations. The one advantage to being an INTJ is that you never expect to be accepted so you dont bother working for it and are free to do as you will.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I've been living in a vacumn quite happily for the past 41yrs. Other people are only relevant if you make them so. Not everyone is a prisoner to other peoples expectations. The one advantage to being an INTJ is that you never expect to be accepted so you dont bother working for it and are free to do as you will.
    This is true of INTPs too. Although in our case, I think there is little desire to be accepted.
    And I think our innate tendency to question all cultural assumptions works in our favour, when it comes to freeing ourselves of such toxic influences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Although in our case, I think there is little desire to be accepted.
    We like to tell ourselves that, but nothing could be further from the truth. Certainly, this is true for myself.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78