User Tag List

First 123 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    What about ISFPs? Could they look more like NFs if their Ni is strong enough?
    Yeah. INFP or ISTP because ISFPs never look like ISFPs.

List looks good to me.

Society

What about ISFPs? Could they look more like NFs if their Ni is strong enough?
    possibly - maybe we should do an exchange program where each group adopts an affiliated member from another group

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah, that's how it appears to me; Se puts a picture together of a lot of concrete data, like a photo collage- and then Ni fills in hidden details like painting over the photos based on their meaning and interconnections. The focus is still on Se though; Ni-Se would do the opposite. They experience the world and form an abstract picture in their minds, with concrete data to support it, of which they are never fully aware. The details are there, but you would have to "zoom in" like on a photograph, one section at a time.
    That makes a lot of sense, actually. That explains how INTJs can take such a detailed view of things at times, and then come up with things that make me go "I don't know where that came from."

Ne-si seems like it exists less harmoniously, at least within myself.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, actually. That explains how INTJs can take such a detailed view of things at times, and then come up with things that make me go "I don't know where that came from."

Ne-si seems like it exists less harmoniously, at least within myself.
    Maybe Ne-Si is like the internet, and Si-Ne is like a card catalog in a library?

And I wonder what function/s I'm using when I make these comparisons...

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Maybe Ne-Si is like the internet, and Si-Ne is like a card catalog in a library?

And I wonder what function/s I'm using when I make these comparisons...
    So, in my case, an exhaustive, limitless sense of connections linkages and compisitions between detailed records? Unlike with Se-Ni.... the links predominate.

I wonder if that's Ni.... I struggle to come up with these metaphors... It's very, very difficult for me. Even digesting them takes work.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    So, in my case, an exhaustive, limitless sense of connections linkages and compisitions between detailed records? Unlike with Se-Ni.... the links predominate.

I wonder if that's Ni.... I struggle to come up with these metaphors... It's very, very difficult for me. Even digesting them takes work.
    Oh maybe so. I used to think that was Ne, but it probably is Ni if you have trouble with it. I guess to find out we'd have to study Ni and Ne users and see if they use metaphors a lot. I find it hard to describe things without using comparisons. Like if someone asks me what the Japanese curry is like, I don't know what to say; I just know how it tastes. I say it's like Indian curry but tastes more like beef stew. My coworker (who I suspect is ISFJ) comes up with all these nice adjectives. I think so much in comparisons that my vocabulary for adjectives is rather small compared to some people, I think. I'll have to ask my ENTP coworker how she describes things, or just pay attention.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Yeah. INFP or ISTP because ISFPs never look like ISFPs.

List looks good to me.
    ISFPs tend to blend in better than INFPs and are more sensual. They're also usually too colorful and Fi-ish to be ISTP.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Oh maybe so. I used to think that was Ne, but it probably is Ni if you have trouble with it. I guess to find out we'd have to study Ni and Ne users and see if they use metaphors a lot. I find it hard to describe things without using comparisons. Like if someone asks me what the Japanese curry is like, I don't know what to say; I just know how it tastes. I say it's like Indian curry but tastes more like beef stew. .
    I think I can do better at coming up with metaphors if it's something concrete and external (an object).. When it's something that only exists as a mental construct, it's harder to paint a picture.

I can come up with novel metaphors to describe a taste... that's not difficult. Trying to explain something in my head, though.... I always feel like whatever metaphors I use distort it too much.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Differences:
    1. SPs prefer things that are oriented towards action and have applications; NTs are okay with purely theoretical subjects.
    2. SPs trust their intuitions like an instinct and act on them fast; NTs are more questioning and hypothesizing with their intuitions.
    3. SPs are very observant of their surroundings and attentive to external stimuli; NTs live life much more in their heads.
    4. SPs tend to be more realistic and have good common sense; NTs can be very metaphysical and shoot off onto crazy theories.
    Well 1, 3, and 4 absolutely spot on. Dad and older brother are both ESTPs and those three observations could not be more true. 2 however while I think it's true in the context of general inventions and how we go about trivial things it can seem like NTs go the other way and blend in very much with their SP counterparts on practical matter. After all, we live in an S world, and sometime we just have to shut up and color.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This thread isn't about me, but @The Great One used to think I was an NT, and now he thinks I'm an SP; I need to figure out the similarities and the differences between the 2 temperaments.

This is how I see the Rationalists (NTs) and the Artisans (SPs) in relation to each other (these points are very open to any changes):

Similarities:
    1. Use all the tools at their disposal and will apply a variety of methods or whatever works regardless of past precedents.
    2. Are very good at adapting to all kinds of contexts and shaping their surroundings in accordance with their vision.
    3. Have good intuitive abilities and are adept at forseeing immanent transformations along with likely effects.
    4. Like to think about things and consider a wide range of possibilities before coming to conclusions.

Differences:
    1. SPs prefer things that are oriented towards action and have applications; NTs are okay with purely theoretical subjects.
    2. SPs trust their intuitions like an instinct and act on them fast; NTs are more questioning and hypothesizing with their intuitions.
    3. SPs are very observant of their surroundings and attentive to external stimuli; NTs live life much more in their heads.
    4. SPs tend to be more realistic and have good common sense; NTs can be very metaphysical and shoot off onto crazy theories.

I'm mentioning some SPs and NTs on my friends list to get some good input, and anyone else of any type is also welcome to comment!
    NTs: @Fluffywolf @greenfairy @highlander @Ism @LunaLuminosity @Mal+ @Mane @Rasofy @Redbone @Riva
    SPs: @Speed Gavroche @superunknown @wheelchairdoug
    No I'm still not sure about you. You are either an ISTP in an Ni<TI loop or you're an INTP.